Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Fans on both sides acting like it’s 2-0 and the series is over

Game 1. Decided by a monumental collapse
Game 2. Decided by a defensive own goal

It’s a 1-1 series and at worst it’s a 1-1 series, each team won a game they should have lost

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Mcdsvid still only 7th in the league for TOI/GP for forwards in the playoffs. Not even a talking point.

You guys should talk about the 3 out of top 4 being on the Avalanche and if that is SUstAiNaBle.

1715467126619.png

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Mcdsvid still only 7th in the league for TOI/GP for forwards in the playoffs. Not even a talking point.

You guys should talk about the 3 out of top 4 being on the Avalanche and if that is SUstAiNaBle.

View attachment 869072
Both are sustainable and have been proven by multiple 82 game seasons for both.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Ekholm got cut by a high stick much worse than Hughes in the playoffs last year against Vegas with no call. These "blatant" missed calls are not nearly as rare as you think they are.

Well, it's rare enough for you to remember from last year. Thank you for proving my point.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Who is degrading Silovs? Haven’t seen anyone in this thread doing that… unless you’re talking about Canuck fans calling him our AHL goalie.. which is just factual.

He had a bad game 1, he’s been pretty good to great in every other playoff game he’s played.

Plenty did, and that ok.

Sure, he not on par with Demko but he still provided Vancouver the goaltending advantage two game in a row.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Edmonton sucks, doesnt have a goalie. If Demko was playing Canucks would be up 2-0 convincingly. Am not scared of this 2 man team that is a PP merchant. If Canucks dont get sloppy, its an easy series for them. Easier than Nashville series

The series is still 1-1 if Demko is playing. He's good, but he's not saving any of the goals from game 2 that found the back of the net.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The series is still 1-1 if Demko is playing. He's good, but he's not saving any of the goals from game 2 that found the back of the net.
Uhm. I'm not so sure about that. I could see him stopping any or all of the goals the Oilers scored, particularly the one by Ekholm.

He's a Vezina finalist for a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
And? So has Edmonton.
The funny thing is the false rep about diving was just driven by jealousy over a dominating b2b President's trophy winning team. I laughed about it then, and I still laugh about it

Whatever, doesn't change the fact that the underdog 'nucks have made this a best of five, and could have been up 2-0 but for Sutherland.

Forcing the oil to exhaust McDavid, and exposing their goaltending, ensures the oil won't get to the finals, and we all know what that means.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The funny thing is the false rep about diving was just driven by jealousy over a dominating b2b President's trophy winning team. I laughed about it then, and I still laugh about it

Whatever, doesn't change the fact that the underdog 'nucks have made this a best of five, and could have been up 2-0 but for Sutherland.

Forcing the oil to exhaust McDavid, and exposing their goaltending, ensures the oil won't get to the finals, and we all know what that means.

One thing about reputations....you unfortunately don't get to disspell it yourself ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Edmonton sucks, doesnt have a goalie. If Demko was playing Canucks would be up 2-0 convincingly. Am not scared of this 2 man team that is a PP merchant. If Canucks dont get sloppy, its an easy series for them. Easier than Nashville series

And Oilers fans think their team is a saint 😂
So let’s get this straight… the Canucks almost lost game 1 and did lose game 2 to a two man team and an AHL calibre goalie.

… and the refs are favoring the opposing team, yet the Canucks have been awarded 5 PPs in the series and the opposing team 3 PPs (for a total of 3 minutes 12 seconds of PP TOI).

I think that about summarizes your 100+ posts over the past 3 days.

Yikes! The Canucks suuuuuuck!!

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Uhm. I'm not so sure about that. I could see him stopping any or all of the goals the Oilers scored, particularly the one by Ekholm.

He's a Vezina finalist for a reason.

Game 1 I could see Vancouver winning 5-2 or something of that note with him back there, but Game 2 Vancouver was thoroughly outplayed. Maybe he steals it, but I wouldn't bank on it, especially after a long layoff and coming back from injury.

I do hope he returns, I want to see these 2 teams play each other best on best.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So this statement does in fact mean McDavid does dive than?

What it means that you can't stop people from saying it. If that is what other people say...then what can I, you or anybody do? Right? Does it make it true? No. Does it make it false? No.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Game 1 I could see Vancouver winning 5-2 or something of that note with him back there, but Game 2 Vancouver was thoroughly outplayed. Maybe he steals it, but I wouldn't bank on it, especially after a long layoff and coming back from injury.

I do hope he returns, I want to see these 2 teams play each other best on best.
I'm not "banking on it." I'm responding to the statement that Demko would not have made a difference to the outcome of game 2.

When he returned from his late season injury, he was pretty much back to form right away. So yeah, he could very well have made the difference in a one-shot game.

Reactions: crazychimp

Burt Macklin

Oct 9, 2018
What does the city these teams are from have to do with anything? Such a cheap cop out when you have nothing of actual value to add to the discussion.
Aren't most rivalries rooted more between the cities as opposed to the actual current players?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I'm not "banking on it." I'm responding to the statement that Demko would not have made a difference to the outcome of game 2.

When he returned from his late season injury, he was pretty much back to form right away. So yeah, he could very well have made the difference in a one-shot game.

No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way. ;)

Reactions: Infamousprime
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad