Post-Game Talk: Well that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Games like this happen but I just don't like to watch a team sit back and take it like we did.

Should have been throwing the body around more in the 3rd period...after every whistle get in their face. I saw NONE of that...

Reactions: dsred

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I can get mad, the fact is, both Marner and Bozak missed big opportunities. We hit the post in the first period. It's not easy to get those opportunities, and we didn't capitalize. We had opportunities, just gotta do better with it next game.

What I am most mad about is that I left work early, all excited for this game, and we get this.

Ugh..sports..whatever. Just please, don't go down 0-2.

Bozak is a f***ing useless player.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Babcock Doesn’t know how to change his game plan if it isnt working
5 minute penalty kill down 4-1 and instead of trying something different only Hyman kappy komo plecks Hainsey polak Dermott saw the ice for the entire 5 minutes
Boston had 10 shirt handed goals against and nit one of our offensive players were worthy of a shift at that point in the game

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Don't speak facts in here. Need 4 lines with 12 guys who can score!
Some people think this is NHL 18 and every line needs max scoring. Even after a game like tonight which clearly demonstrates that the playoffs are played at a different intensity.

Seriously question if people watch other games in the playoffs.

Reactions: moon111

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Hockey playoffs are tough to watch, when you are down a couple of goals, its super hard to stay optimistic, let alone 3, and 4.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why do people want censorship? Have you tried just ignoring posts you don't like??? Sheesh. .
Ignoring posts when every third one is a troll post? It ruins the discussion on the boards. Plus the poster I responded to was correct. If you even right good game on another teams board following a win it's a thread ban(try doing so on the oilers board after a game vs them). Tonight was a bad night for all leaf fans, so I'm frustrated. Your probably right about the ignoring. I'm gonna be off these boards till the game on Saturday. Leafs will come out ready to win Saturday.

Reactions: Intellivisionhockey

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Games like this happen but I just don't like to watch a team sit back and take it like we did.

Should have been throwing the body around more in the 3rd period...after every whistle get in their face. I saw NONE of that...

What the f*** is Komarov for? If he is not doing those things, he is useless.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

True. The intensity actually plummeted. Instead of getting angry, they tucked their collective tail between their legs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What should actually be on the ice for game 2:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Moore/Komarov-Kapanen

What's actually going to be on the ice if Kadri is suspended:

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Komarov
Martin-Nylander-Kapanen (7 mins TOI)

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We will bounce back in game 2. Im confident in that.

But I was so disappointed in Morgan Reilly tonight. Looked so disinterested in the game. Looked slow and sluggish. Almost like he was playing with an injury

I loved Hyman and Zaitsevs game tonight

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Babcock Doesn’t know how to change his game plan if it isnt working
5 minute penalty kill down 4-1 and instead of trying something different only Hyman kappy komo plecks Hainsey polak Dermott saw the ice for the entire 5 minutes
Boston had 10 shirt handed goals against and nit one of our offensive players were worthy of a shift at that point in the game

Yea, I am afraid that Babcock is not all that. He is so slow to adjust, it's unreal.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Shake off this garbage game and come out firing in game 2. Leafs showed them they aren't afraid to make hits out there. Kadri is probably going to get at least 1 game, 2 max.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hainsey has looked gassed for awhile now.
He's been so slow to react to plays and not moving his feet as well.
It would be controversial but I would honestly try Dermott with Rielly on the first pair.
I think his speed and puck ability gives us a better chance at handling their top line.
This is coming from someone who was singing Hainseys praise the first 40 or so games.

Not resting Hainsey down the stretch is extremely confusing.

Matthews is well rested -- injured for half the season and plays 1/2 the minutes of other 1Cs. Still neutralized. At least Hainsey has an excuse.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
While I may agree with you, the loud mob on the board who doesn't value physicality and grit will lynch us both.

Yeah but a lot of them have probably never played hockey a day in their lives and don't know the importance of that kind of player/style of hockey. You say a guy like Martin is a valuable piece on this team and they'll act like 1 player will cost us every game and is the reason why we lose. You say we need some physicality in the lineup and they'll think you mean a bunch of Colton Orrs on every line.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
1. Polak 2. Leo 3. Jake

The go to blame someone when we lose playbook by Leaf fans here. If we are going to beat Boston Auston Matthews has to be our best and most valuable player. Until that happens. We will not beat the Bruins. I believe it can happen. Just not sure it will. Yet.

So keep pointing fingers at 1,2,3 I'm sure it will help you sleep better. But it's not going to solve anything.
If Leo gets more minutes than Auston then he gets the spotlight and criticism.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The series wasn’t won tonight, but we all know who wants to be the best player. The bar is set.
Let’s see if that young lad from Arizona accepts the challenge that Maritimer set.
Pretty simple Auston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad