Post-Game Talk: Well that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
My only concern right now is if we have guys like komarov and plakenic then why does our top 3 goal scorer has to retaliate and set the tone

Just don't get the way komarov and plakenic have been playing/used, they were completely schooled out there and didn't even dish out any hits

Really hoping against hope naz is back for game 2 cause i don't wanna see moore and plakenic lines being hemmed in by marchand now

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Same thing happened in 2013. Lose big in game 1, people freak out. We re-focus, and play with guts and purpose in game 2.

We matched the Bruins physicality that series though. This is why Martin should be playing because even if he's not scoring he at least brings something to the table.

Reactions: dsred

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
The leafs played well for the second half of the 1st and the first 15 minutes of the 2nd. Other than that they shit the bed. Hyman, Marner and Kadri (before the bone headed check) were our best players . Everyone else played below average.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully for Game 2 we see more consistency from the refs with their penalty calls, because the Bruins got away with a little more things. I'm not saying it's why the Leafs lost, however for Bergeron not to get the faceoff violation penalty right before the 3-1 goal and both Kadri penalties in the 3rd were bad calls that should never happened. Plus it's ok when Wingels hits Marner in the head seconds before he gets hit himself.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Is Boston playing in 1993 tonight then? Did you watch the Jets game last night? How about the Knights game that featured 127 hits? Were those also throw backs or maybe, just maybe, the playoffs are a different intensity than the regular season.

I hope we can body check the puck in the net Saturday then

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Well, in all fairness, if you compare the Doughty hit that got 1 game, then, maybe Kadri gets 2. No?

I don't think the hit deserves 2 games...it would be harsh considering it's the playoffs.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nothing positive to say regarding this game absolutely NOTHING

Babcock's fetish for his vets is putting this team DOWN

• Vet Polak lost on the Bruin PP goal
  • Vet Hainsey couldn't clear the puck or the crease on the Bruin PP goal (why the F is he playing 2 full mins on PK?)
  • Vet Marleau takes a stupid penalty and gives momentum to Bruins AND is useless on ice
  • Vet Komarov :facepalm: and he is on PP :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  • Vet Plekanec is a f***ing double agent; another 2nd rounder wasted
  • Vets Bozak/JVR are a JOKE

I said it in the GDT.

Babcock; you play the vets and lose the series what the F do you gain?

You play the kids and lose the series at least kids gain experience; if you win the series that is a WIN-WIN; kids gain experience and you win the series.

This "vet" wet festish of Babcock needs to f***ing die.

either Babcock tosses his ego on the side and looks for what is better for the team/Leafs
or
GTFO

Kadri is definitely suspended at least for 2 to 3 games; good job babcock GOOD f***ING JOB!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
and there is the perennial reminder that truculence still matters in hockey
The Hawks from 2010 to 2015 were the absolute masters at dealing with what we had to deal with tonight.

The more you tried to phase them with dirty shit and physicality, the more they burned you on the scoreboard.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Hainsey has looked gassed for awhile now.
He's been so slow to react to plays and not moving his feet as well.
It would be controversial but I would honestly try Dermott with Rielly on the first pair.
I think his speed and puck ability gives us a better chance at handling their top line.
This is coming from someone who was singing Hainseys praise the first 40 or so games.

Not resting Hainsey down the stretch is extremely confusing.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I can get mad, the fact is, both Marner and Bozak missed big opportunities. We hit the post in the first period. It's not easy to get those opportunities, and we didn't capitalize. We had opportunities, just gotta do better with it next game.

What I am most mad about is that I left work early, all excited for this game, and we get this.

Ugh..sports..whatever. Just please, don't go down 0-2.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
While I may agree with you, the loud mob on the board who doesn't value physicality and grit will lynch us both.
The man is physical but the man is slow. If the man is slow, then he can't be physical lest he put himself waaaay out of position.
I'm waiting for Komarov to start playing like a POS instead of whatever this incarnation is. Incidentally, I also can't wait until Grundstrom is on this squad either.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Is Boston playing in 1993 tonight then? Did you watch the Jets game last night? How about the Knights game that featured 127 hits? Were those also throw backs or maybe, just maybe, the playoffs are a different intensity than the regular season.

Don't speak facts in here. Need 4 lines with 12 guys who can score!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nothing positive to say regarding this game absolutely NOTHING

Babcock's fetish for his vets is putting this team DOWN

• Vet Polak lost on the Bruin PP goal
  • Vet Hainsey couldn't clear the puck or the crease on the Bruin PP goal (why the F is he playing 2 full mins on PK?)
  • Vet Marleau takes a stupid penalty and gives momentum to Bruins AND is useless on ice
  • Vet Komarov :facepalm: and he is on PP :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  • Vet Plekanec is a ****ing double agent; another 2nd rounder wasted
  • Vets Bozak/JVR are a JOKE

I said it in the GDT.

Babcock; you play the vets and lose the series what the F do you gain?

You play the kids and lose the series at least kids gain experience; if you win the series that is a WIN-WIN; kids gain experience and you win the series.

This "vet" wet festish of Babcock needs to ****ing die.

either Babcock tosses his ego on the side and looks for what is better for the team/Leafs
or
GTFO

Kadri is definitely suspended at least for 2 to 3 games; good job babcock GOOD ****ING JOB!

What vet did you see show up?

I didn't see any.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
1. Polak 2. Leo 3. Jake

The go to blame someone when we lose playbook by Leaf fans here. If we are going to beat Boston Auston Matthews has to be our best and most valuable player. Until that happens. We will not beat the Bruins. I believe it can happen. Just not sure it will. Yet.

So keep pointing fingers at 1,2,3 I'm sure it will help you sleep better. But it's not going to solve anything.

Reactions: Ippenator

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Matthews completely neutralized again. Ugh.

Pathetic effort and devastating loss. Kind of like the last playoff game we played against the Bruins.

Hope we wake the f*** up and try better in Game 2, although it'll be impossibly hard without Kadri.

Maybe make Marleau or Nylander move to center to replace Kadri and bring Johnsson in to fill in the gap on the wing.

Johnsson - Marleau - Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad