Post-Game Talk: Well that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I dont think Kadri will get suspended. Wingels fell. Kadri was already committed to the hit. But who knows

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Kadri is an idiot. Probably gets two games and causes a huge hole down the middle Babs has to try and plug up.

Marner gets a little elbow music sure but it was pretty tame for a playoff game in Boston. Kadri hits Wingels like that a couple more feet to the left and he could have broken his neck. What the hell does he expect to happen after a bonehead move like that.

As for Matthews/Nylander being invisible I'll give them a pass this game since its hard to get much going when you're on the bench watching the PK work half the night.

Also Hainsey can't be out there for every minute of every PK. Get 44 out there now and then.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
If you came away from this game thinking Komarov and Polak were the main reasons we lost, then cool. There's no discussion left. We lacked intensity and grit (demonstrated by the Bruins, the Kings/Knights and Jets/Wild) yet that's apparently "1993"

Who said polak? He's been great. Very effective in his role. Komorav has stone hands and his physical role that he's so praised for is non-existent.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Morgan Reilly was trash. Is he injured or what? Because he looked so slow and soft out there. Couldnt win a single board/puck battle

Reactions: dsred

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It's tough being optimistic after a game like this. We looked totally over matched.

There's a difference between having a reasoned discussion about what happened, and throwing a hissy fit (which is what you're doing).

Get your emotions in check, mate.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
It’s one game...not end of the world.

The good:
Hyman - nice determination and effort in the goal.
Gardiner - Best D man tonight by far.

The bad:
No challenge on the off side. Coaching.
Poor opening line up decisions imo... Coaching.
Hainsey.
Nylander

I really think we need to rely on our depth, but in a different way. To beat Boston in Boston you need to load up a line to play the top line. Move Marleau to play with Matthews and Nylander. Hyman can play with Marner and Kadri (if not suspended).
Martin in.
Brown out. Useless.

Can’t let Marchand kiss players. It needs a punch in the face.

I think we respond in game 2.

Reactions: dsred

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
What the **** is Komarov for? If he is not doing those things, he is useless.

Well to be fair Martin wasn't in the lineup and we just don't have those types anymore. Komarov is on the ice too much but I think we all feel that way

True. The intensity actually plummeted. Instead of getting angry, they tucked their collective tail between their legs.

Yep and that to me is the biggest negative from this game...I don't see it changing either just don't have the personalities not saying they can't win the series but need more toughness and grit even more so when getting destroyed like tonight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Only thing that matters now is Kadri better not get suspended

If Doughty got one game on the shoulder first and then head hit

kadri saw the guy at the boards in the kneeling position and then charged at him - Kadri is gone for at least 2 to 3 games.

The ref not f***ing calling elbowing on wingel when he elbowed Marner is another BS; may be that would have calmed down kadri.

Meanwhile; Bruins score on their first two PP opportunities while Leafs lay an egg;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad