Post-Game Talk: Well that was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Rebuild hit a snag again.

The overrated Nylander is a ghost again.

Babcock in over his head with awful coaching decisions and the GM does nothing to address the needs to the team.

Good night.
Why are so many trolls allowed on our board threads? If we did this on other team boards, it would be infractions and thread bans left, right and centre.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Polak and Komarov had some of the most minutes of any player tonight for the Leafs, more than Matthews.

Lol wow, Babcock is an idiot sometimes.

What is his obsession with useless plugs like Komarov? He's an offensive blackhole and makes the 4th line so slow, sluggish and putrid. They were hemmed in for 2 minutes in the second period, were scored on later on in the period.

Hyman was the only one that showed up, maybe Marner and some of the work on the powerplay, the rest? Was a sheer sh*t show from top to bottom.

Special teams were awful, goaltending wasn't great, no one really showed up and Babcock made some horrendous coaching decisions.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words other than that.

Onto the next game.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Martin should be in for Komarov. Johnsson replaces Kadri if he's suspended. Martin needs to rough some Bruins up

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I want to be so negative because it's very hard to find basically anything good to say about the game .. they couldn't have played worse... So... only up from here is the best I can say without going on an even bigger rant.

How they're not ready for a playoff game is beyond me. I feel Boston was average and Leafs were actually just that bad. I hope this almost fakes Boston out and we destroy them game 2. Don't see that happening but one can hope.

That's why it takes 4 to win a series. I'm just at a loss to what will happen after that piss poor effort.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
Did not feel like it was the same team we used to watch throughout most of this year. No intensity, no system, no shots precision. Hope for a much better effort on Saturday.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I want to be so negative because it's very hard to find basically anything good to say about the game .. they couldn't have played worse... So... only up from here is the best I can say without going on an even bigger rant.

How they're not ready for a playoff game is beyond me. I feel Boston was average and Leafs were actually just that bad. I hope this almost fakes Boston out and we destroy them game 2. Don't see that happening but one can hope.

That's why it takes 4 to win a series. I'm just at a loss to what will happen after that piss poor effort.

Boston were not just average, they came out flying. They toyed around with the Leafs as if they are some AHLers.

Reactions: Gnome17

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Polak and Komarov had some of the most minutes of any player tonight for the Leafs, more than Matthews.

Lol wow, Babcock is an idiot sometimes.

What is his obsession with useless plugs like Komarov? He's an offensive blackhole and makes the 4th line so slow, sluggish and putrid. They were hemmed in for 2 minutes in the second period, were scored on later on in the period.

Hyman was the only one that showed up, maybe Marner and some of the work on the powerplay, the rest? Was a sheer sh*t show from top to bottom.

Special teams were awful, goaltending wasn't great, no one really showed up and Babcock made some horrendous coaching decisions.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words other than that.

Onto the next game.

To be fair, some of it was due to the 5 min major. But yes, the coaching is sub par.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ugly

Let's just hope Andersen and our special teams improve some by the next game

Better team won on the night, the good thing is were in a best of 7 series so we can redeem ourselves still

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Or just play better by putting johnsson in because it isn't 1993
Is Boston playing in 1993 tonight then? Did you watch the Jets game last night? How about the Knights game that featured 127 hits? Were those also throw backs or maybe, just maybe, the playoffs are a different intensity than the regular season.

Reactions: dsred and coupe93

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
That was horrible. Utterly irredeemable.

I'm not even going to give props to the powerplay. It means nothing if you don't score and they failed to score. All the passing and chances were just that. They didn't force Rask to make difficult stops. They just failed to execute on their own chances.

We basically need an entirely new team to show up for Game 2. Somewhat possible since Kadri will get suspended (still worth it). I'd say Komarov comes out, but Babcock will drown in the ocean with his gud pros.

They can get back into this thing. It's one game. They still have to lose 3 more to get kicked out. But this game creates no optimism. They were knocked around, played scared, and didn't use their good qualities. Our stars didn't show up and our coach fell apart.

We can win Game 2. But we basically can't take anything from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad