Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I guess the "no further details" part refers to when he'll actually play (i.e. not Saturday). But it still sounds odd.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
A definitive statement from a much more reliable source:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Iginla now is not scheduled to arrive in Pittsburgh until Saturday.

So no one went to the airport to clear the ****ing turtles from the runway did they?

I am looking at you CV.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Watching the Flames/Jackets game, they just had a 'thank you Jarome' video on the jumbotron at 12 mins into the 1st and now the fans are giving him a standing ovation. Respect, Calgary.

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
Jagr is one of the best players of all time, Iginla has been a great player but definitley not an all time great. You can look at points or awards or achievements or whatever you want. There is no argument here.

He holds nearly every offensive record for the Flames.

Why is Jagr so awesome? What about Gordie Howe? Dino Ciccarelli? Mike Gartner? All great RW's, why is everyone holding Jagr up over these guys?

The top three RW's IMO,

1. Howe
2. Iginla
3. Jagr

Iginla and Howe wouldn't run off on their team because they got home sick. Though he was/is still a phenomenal talent. I wouldn't pick him to build a team around knowing he'd run off to Czechoslovakia at the first opportunity.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Watching the Flames/Jackets game, they just had a 'thank you Jarome' video on the jumbotron at 12 mins into the 1st and now the fans are giving him a standing ovation. Respect, Calgary.

I live in a Fox Sports Ohio viewing area so I seen that too. Props to the refs for letting them go for as long as they needed.

Our crowd needs to get an Iginla chant going tomorrow.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Why is Jagr so awesome? What about Gordie Howe? Dino Ciccarelli? Mike Gartner? All great RW's, why is everyone holding Jagr up over these guys?

The top three RW's IMO,

1. Howe
2. Iginla
3. Jagr

Iginla and Howe wouldn't run off on their team because they got home sick. Though he was/is still a phenomenal talent. I wouldn't pick him to build a team around knowing he'd run off to Czechoslovakia at the first opportunity.

Iginla is great of course, but he is not better than Jagr. You can say Iggy is a better leader, teammate or is classier, sure. But Jagr led the league in scoring 4 straight times.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

The top three RW's IMO,

1. Howe
2. Iginla
3. Jagr

seriously, Jagr has has scored 33% more points per game than Iginla. He was head and shoulders better than him at actually playing hockey. Better captain and teammate? Iginla. But those things are how you differentiate between guys on roughly the same level. Iginla simply isn't in the same tier as Jagr.

Best RW ever? Honestly, I have no idea about the guys before the 90s. Best RW of my lifetime (1986 to now) is Jagr without a doubt

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'd take Iginla over Jagr like I said, but on the ice Jagr's skill and talent vaults over Iggy easily

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Okay so a few of you are alluding to lines like this:
Dupuis-Sid-Iggy
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Basically you bring back that 2012 unreal line, and in essence replace Kunitz with Iggy in the first line.

This make better sense. Keep those first two lines speedy as heck. I don't see how Morrow would fit in to upgrade the top two lines in the above configuration in terms of "keeping up" although he had some nice passes to Geno and was drawing two defenders standing in front if the net being a pest.

Good problems. No, great problems. If we need a shut down line then bump Dupuis down with Sutter and Cooke and put Morrow with Iggy and Sid ala "09 Guerin Style."

It would be ideal for Pens. Iginla will improve the current best NHL line and it makes possible to reunite best NHL line 2012. Almost sentence to death for opponents.

As for Morrow. One last game vs Winnipeg is not a factor for decision. Almost every Pens player would look good in that game. I'm sure, BB wouldn't look worse than Morrow in that game. Winnipeg looked really poor yesterday. But PO is coming and much more tight games.

Last edited:

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Jagr is one of the best players ever. You may like him or not, but if you go for the Cup you choose Jagr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad