Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Can call up Reese couldn't they?

Not if they wanted to also activate Iginla, no. They need to clear a spot.

Or call Bortuzzo up from his conditional stint since he's included in the 23 anyway and send Despres down?

That's a good thought. I don't know all the ins and outs of conditioning assignments -- whether Bortuzzo has to be down for a certain length of time before returning. But yeah, that sounds like it would work.

Anyways, it looks like a moot point because I really doubt Iginla plays until Tuesday. I'm not sure how long his roster exemption lasts, though, if he's on his way to Pittsburgh.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I made the mistake of looking at the Iginla thread on the trade rumors board. No idea what I just read but I do know my IQ is significantly lower than it was 5 minutes ago.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rossi's all over this!

He has Iginla landing sometime this weekend!

Yohe says he's landing late tonight sometime. lol

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
Not if they wanted to also activate Iginla, no. They need to clear a spot.

Anyways, it looks like a moot point because I really doubt Iginla plays until Tuesday. I'm not sure how long his roster exemption lasts, though, if he's on his way to Pittsburgh.

But Bortuzzo is already among the 23.

Sid Malkin Sutter Vitale Neal Kunitz Dupuis Morrow Glass Adams Jeffrey Kennedy Cooke = 13

Martin Orpik Engelland Despres Niskanen Murray Bortuzzo Eaton = 8

MAF Vokoun = 2

Letang on IR

So Send Despres down and bring Bortuzzo up from the minors and insert Iggy

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
Rossi's all over this!

Apparently en route, but the connecting flight (wherever that may be, Toronto?) is delayed.

He'll probably be in tonight, and I wouldn't care if he played tomorrow, I'd like to see him at least get a practice or two in to learn the system.

Update: travel issues (delay?) and will arrive this weekend, won't play tomorrow.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Apparently en route, but the connecting flight (wherever that may be, Toronto?) is delayed.

He'll probably be in tonight, and I wouldn't care if he played tomorrow, I'd like to see him at least get a practice or two in to learn the system.

Update: travel issues (delay?) and will arrive this weekend, won't play tomorrow.

Where did you find this? I can't find it anywhere :(

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
But Bortuzzo is already among the 23.

Sid Malkin Sutter Vitale Neal Kunitz Dupuis Morrow Glass Adams Jeffrey Kennedy Cooke = 13

Martin Orpik Engelland Despres Niskanen Murray Bortuzzo Eaton = 8

MAF Vokoun = 2

Letang on IR

So Send Despres down and bring Bortuzzo up from the minors and insert Iggy
Yes, you're absolutely right. That would definitely work.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
watching a TSN video makes me think that Dupuis knows he's going to get dropped down...

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
A definitive statement from a much more reliable source:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Iginla now is not scheduled to arrive in Pittsburgh until Saturday.

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Damn, pitts fans are so lucky. You guys have an embarrassment of riches! You should be ashamed! :)

Sid, iggy, malkin... wow.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
This has all actually been pretty cryptic. But here it is from the source.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Iginla’s immigration petition has been approved. He is traveling & will be in Pittsburgh Sat. No further details are available at this time.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Rossi's all over this!

Well there goes my theory that Yohe is Rossi's inside source and that Rossi is Yohe's inside source.

Does support my theory that their actual sources do tell them both different things to make them look like the dopes they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad