Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Francis was a great player, but Jagr created plays on his own, often out of nothing. He was a one man army, and it really didn't matter who he played with. He just produced.

I think Jagr was one of the best players in the history of the game, and agree with Jagr > Iginla. Jagr was my favorite player for many years, and I still love watching the guy. Been following Pittsburgh since Badger Bob and Joey Mullen days (but less so in the last few years, but you can bet that will change now!).

With that being said, Iginla had garbage to play with for the majority of his career, and 'decent' guys for the others. Never with such high-end players. He - like Jagr - would make plays out of nothing as well, creating his own offence. He was responsible for many a player's increase in their stats line, as well as increase in contracts! haha

You guys will be surprised at how well Jarome passes the puck - very underrated playmaker (though definitely not his forte).

I am actually really happy that Jarome went to you guys outside of the fact that I have liked your team, and of course who he gets and opportunity to play with. I also like the fact that he will finally get more exposure to the Eastern media.

I bet he gets into a fight or two before the season is done! His '04 run was simply amazing - big fight in every series that helped to change the fortunes of the team. He gives you his all to win, and inspires others to do the same. Lousy return for him really, but I would have been happy to see him play for you guys even if Calgary sent him for 'future considerations'!

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
Finally just got through both Iggy threads and have also just returned from a 2 week vacation in Sydney, Australia.

At first I thought Boston got him by the way some people were acting on Facebook right after the Boston game a few days ago.

I was out and about in Sydney on Thursday afternoon (my time) and was positive that The deal was done and dusted with Boston but alas, I get a game centre notification on my iPhone with the breaking news that he is going to be a Penguin and I was so happy.

Put it this way, on my side of the world, this stuff normally happens when I am in bed - not you guys.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
NBC Sports Network just indicated Iginla is slated to make his debut against the Islanders tomorrow, but my local news, WPXI - Pittsburgh, indicated that Iginla will not play until next week.

Can anyone confirm what NBC Sports Network is saying is true or not?

Let's ask Aaron Ward.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
581467_10151815901388765_728813325_n.jpg

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
krist

its not dupuis making that line go. its mostly sid and then kunitz

taking dupes off sid's line and putting Jrome in there is only gonna make it better

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Latest conversation has been Jagr talk and what line he will be on. That discussion is happening elsewhere. Let's lock it up and move on to the other threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad