Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Not 1.2 points per game vs 0.9 points per game. In 158 more games, Jagr has scored 583 more points than Iginla.

Pretty sure he was playing with a star center named Mario...Iginla played with Craig ****ing Conroy...Iginla plays with a player like Mario, you see his stats rocket too...

I am not taking anything away from Jagr's career, the guy is an amazing player, but I take a great player with a locker room presence over an amazing player who was quite self-centered...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Seriously though - only 1 flight from Calgary to Pittsburgh today. Scheduled to leave 14:00 MT (Or whatever time zone Calgary is in) - arrival in Pittsburgh already though apparently.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Jagr is one of the best players of all time, Iginla has been a great player but definitley not an all time great. You can look at points or awards or achievements or whatever you want. There is no argument here.

Man, what don't you get, I am not disagreeing with the fact that Jagr was by far the better player. Iginla is just the guy I'd rather build around because he knows how to handle a locker room, and is not a selfish guy who only cares bout money

mr sidney crosby

May 13, 2012
Pittsburgh
My opinion jagr over iginla career wise. Present day I say iginla over a full season because jagr's body can't hold up for an 82 game season. Iginla is still a warrior

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pretty sure he was playing with a star center named Mario...Iginla played with Craig ****ing Conroy...Iginla plays with a player like Mario, you see his stats rocket too...

I am not taking anything away from Jagr's career, the guy is an amazing player, but I take a great player with a locker room presence over an amazing player who was quite self-centered...

take Lemieux away and he wins 4 art ross trophies in a row.

You can't overcome a 33% difference in scoring with intangibles.

that said, it really doesn't matter.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
take Lemieux away and he wins 4 art ross trophies in a row.

You can't overcome a 33% difference in scoring with intangibles.

that said, it really doesn't matter.

You take one, I take the other :laugh: :yo:

Whatever, we got what we needed when we needed it

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Wasn't Jagr an *******...Iginla is the classiest guy I've ever seen play the game, the respect he commands is unbelievable, I'd take him over Jagr anyday in their prime
I assume you weren't a fan in the 90's? Jagr was amazing for the Penguins and is an all time great. Iginla is great, but Jagr is on a whole 'nother level.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Here's something to consider -- Iginla hasn't counted against the 23-man roster yet because of a clause in the CBA that grants an exemption for immigration issues. So they need to clear a spot to put him in the lineup.

Bennett went to WBS to make room for Malkin. The assumption was that Despres would follow (like Bennett it would just until the roster expands on Wednesday) to activate Iginla. But if Paul Martin can't play tomorrow, then Despres is one of just 6 healthy d-men left to play. Can't send him down.

Might have to put Martin on IR? Shero said he wouldn't put anyone on waivers.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Iginla needs to wear ****** shirts and read books @ the airport before we can have #IginlaWatch

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Here's something to consider -- Iginla hasn't counted against the 23-man roster yet because of a clause in the CBA that grants an exemption for immigration issues. So they need to clear a spot to put him in the lineup.

Bennett went to WBS to make room for Malkin. The assumption was that Despres would follow (like Bennett it would just until the roster expands on Wednesday) to activate Iginla. But if Paul Martin can't play tomorrow, then Despres is one of just 6 healthy d-men left to play. Can't send him down.

Can call up Reese couldn't they?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008

Jagr dominated and won the Art Ross multiple times with Jan Hrdina as his centre.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I assume you weren't a fan in the 90's? Jagr was amazing for the Penguins and is an all time great. Iginla is great, but Jagr is on a whole 'nother level.

Not really, I somewhat followed them and I knew Jagr was an amazing player, but the way he left Pittsburgh left a mark on how I thought about him.

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg

Or call Bortuzzo up from his conditional stint since he's included in the 23 anyway and send Despres down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad