Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005

884962_10151639482525809_2113043438_o.jpg

(Reposted for posterity, via Benstonium)

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
I'm kind of sad we won't play the Flyers any more this year.

I'd love to see Morrow, Iginla, and especially Murray demolish Rinaldo et al.

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
Ray Shero press conference, Pens HD Radio, sometime around 11:30am EST.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
News came out at 1:30.... How dare you miss it.

I laid in bed watching TV. I always stop the internet about 2 hrs before I go to bed. I get riled easily and it only makes it harder to sleep:laugh:

Last night this board was getting me riled I had to punch out.

So that should be it for Shero than. We didn't gut the farm and we got some great players. Bennett has alot of people to learn from which can only benefit his growth.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I know the talking heads at TSN and others are saying pure rental and we can't afford to re-sign him but the best thing is that it really won't hurt that bad if we can't re-sign him since we didn't give up all that much.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I know the talking heads at TSN and others are saying pure rental and we can't afford to re-sign him but the best thing is that it really won't hurt that bad if we can't re-sign him since we didn't give up all that much.

I don't see why we couldn't re-sign him unless we win the Cup and he goes right back to Calgary. Not that I want us to lose, but if we make it deep and lose, I think he would re-sign for 2-3 years at 4.5-5 per. Just my speculation though.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
what a steal for you guys, congrats. two college prospects and the 29thish overall pick for one of the best players of all time

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
Any word on if he'll be in the lineup tonight? Seems unlikely.

His good-bye press conference is at 12:30pm EST...9:30am Calgary time this morning.
So, IMO, at best he arrives in Pittsburgh this evening.
Depending on flights, Morrow flew commercial and had to connect through Atlanta...

Cliff O Malley

Aug 4, 2006
I DUNNO?
I don't see why we couldn't re-sign him unless we win the Cup and he goes right back to Calgary. Not that I want us to lose, but if we make it deep and lose, I think he would re-sign for 2-3 years at 4.5-5 per. Just my speculation though.

Well if we win the cup why wouldn't Iggy want to hang around and try for Cup 2 and 3?

AK

May 31, 2008
From the last thread:

This is insanity. Crosby is playing with Iginla. You would be moving Neal from the triggerman spot on his off wing with Geno to put Iggy there. Dupers is great with Sid, but he's not Iginla. Crosby will be even better with Iginla on his line. Just watch and enjoy the show.

There probably aren't wrong answers as to whether Crosby or Malkin should play with Iginla.

I'm assuming it'll be Crosby, too, but there's a lot to be said for not wanting to touch a line that's gotten the best out of all three of its members and has essentially pillaged the entire Eastern Conference all season. That's all I'm saying.

Saison Marguerite

Dec 4, 2012
I had to make a new avatar for this, which pains me because Tanger + Mean Girls references = ace.

I still can't believe we got Iggy for what we sent out. Lots of pressure, but I believe in our Captain and our team. Looking forward to the next several weeks!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well if we win the cup why wouldn't Iggy want to hang around and try for Cup 2 and 3?

It all depends on his motives. He could be a guy at the end of his career that wants that one Cup and then wants to finish his career with his team. I have no way of knowing really so just speculating.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
You absolutely MUST put Sid and Iggy together, at least to start and to try and see if there is chemistry. Then go from there.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
Welcome to Pittsburgh, Iggy!

I love this trade! Shero is amazing GM, wow. Glad to see Iggy in Pittsburgh!

This morning: :pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

LGP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad