Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
He holds nearly every offensive record for the Flames.

Why is Jagr so awesome? What about Gordie Howe? Dino Ciccarelli? Mike Gartner? All great RW's, why is everyone holding Jagr up over these guys?

The top three RW's IMO,

1. Howe
2. Iginla
3. Jagr

Iginla and Howe wouldn't run off on their team because they got home sick. Though he was/is still a phenomenal talent. I wouldn't pick him to build a team around knowing he'd run off to Czechoslovakia at the first opportunity.

No matter how much Flames fans love Iginla and Pens fans now hate Jagr, it's still no question that in their prime Jagr would be the one to take and it's not even a hesitation.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Take away Ron Francis, the second best playmaker ever (career wise), and Jagr has what, only 2 for his career? :naughty:

Francis was a great player, but Jagr created plays on his own, often out of nothing. He was a one man army, and it really didn't matter who he played with. He just produced.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
I can't wait to see Iginla in a Pens jersey, but you take Jagr in his prime over Iginla in his prime 10 times out of 10, without blinking. The talent gap is just that big.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watching the Flames/Jackets game, they just had a 'thank you Jarome' video on the jumbotron at 12 mins into the 1st and now the fans are giving him a standing ovation. Respect, Calgary.

Flames posted the video on thier site:
http://video.flames.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=231646

Just going over twitter, the Calgary bench all stood and tapped their sticks on the boards. Refs gave them a little extra time during the stoppage to do so. Classy move all around.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
NBC Sports Network just indicated Iginla is slated to make his debut against the Islanders tomorrow, but my local news, WPXI - Pittsburgh, indicated that Iginla will not play until next week.

Can anyone confirm what NBC Sports Network is saying is true or not?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think both are pretty much guessing. There wouldn't be any real reason to play Iggy tomorrow. We are on a roll and he's just literally getting in. I don't think there is a need to rush him in.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
NBC Sports Network just indicated Iginla is slated to make his debut against the Islanders tomorrow, but my local news, WPXI - Pittsburgh, indicated that Iginla will not play until next week.

Can anyone confirm what NBC Sports Network is saying is true or not?

I am guessing that the game is broadcast on NBC Sports, amirite?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I think both are pretty much guessing. There wouldn't be any real reason to play Iggy tomorrow. We are on a roll and he's just literally getting in. I don't think there is a need to rush him in.

Yea, theres literally no chance he plays tomorrow. Pretty lengthy travel. Pens have the day off Sunday(read this somewhere) and practice Monday with gameday practice Tuesday before the game versus Buffalo.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Makes no sense for him to play tomorrow. With the break between tomorrow's game and Tuesdays, it's perfect for him to ease to a new system and situation without being rushed.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Makes no sense for him to play tomorrow. With the break between tomorrow's game and Tuesdays, it's perfect for him to ease to a new system and situation without being rushed.

I agree we don't even know what time he will be in Pgh, Im just hoping he has his press conference sometime before or after the game tomorrow.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We need one of Rossi's classic tweets to confirm his status for tomorrow.

"Been told Iginla 100% certain will play tomorrow"

(20 seconds later)

"Been told Iginla 100% certain will NOT play tomorrow"

bloggerfanthe*

Flames fan here. I was at the game and after the Iggy tribute there was a standing ovation for close to two minutes. Both benches were taping their sticks on the ice or on the boards. Iggy is a class act on and off the ice. Treat him good Penguins fans.
Now go get that cup!!

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
We need one of Rossi's classic tweets to confirm his status for tomorrow.

"Been told Iginla 100% certain will play tomorrow"

(20 seconds later)

"Been told Iginla 100% certain will NOT play tomorrow"

and then the clarification follow up tweet.

"Just to clarify been told 100% will not play tomorrow, unless he plays tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad