Pre-Game Talk: Week to get Frostbite (@VAN, @EDM, @WPG)

Which of the injured will play this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So Nate out for a max of 10 days means he will only miss 4-5 games. But then again it's Dater ... and the glorious Avs Medical stuff. Love to believe that but ... well, i don't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sounds like relatively good news on MacKinnon based on McKenzie's tweet.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Just like I told Dater on Twitter, I seriously doubt he broke his collarbone. I got checked from behind when I was 13 and broke it playing a game in Ft. Collins, I knew RIGHT away something was seriously wrong. Nate would not have kept battling in the corner if that had happened.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I understand why MacKinnon let it get to him after being mugged for three straight games, but it's not going to stop now that teams know they can get to him. He's going to have to learn to just work through it without retaliating.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I understand why MacKinnon let it get to him after being mugged for three straight games, but it's not going to stop now that teams know they can get to him. He's going to have to learn to just work through it without retaliating.

That and how to sell a call. Foppa was a mean SOB, but he knew how to go down and make the refs do their jobs when it was needed. Young Nathan still needs to learn this lesson.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If MacKinnon is actually just out for 7-10 days I'm actually kind of excited to see what kids like Jost will do with added responsibility. Said it in another thread but interested in seeing Compher-Jost-Rantanen together.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If MacKinnon is actually just out for 7-10 days I'm actually kind of excited to see what kids like Jost will do with added responsibility. Said it in another thread but interested in seeing Compher-Jost-Rantanen together.
It'll most likely be Kerfoot taking the spot with Landeskog and MacKinnon while Jost plays with Wilson and Compher.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A little off topic, but I just realized... Rantanen has 49 points already.

2nd year in the league and he's PPG through 49 games already. What an absolute stud of a player he is developing into for us. And yeah he's benefiting from playing with Mackinnon a bit, but I think it's also fair to say Mack is benefiting from having Rantanen on his wing as well. He's starting to realize what kind of size advantage he has over everyone else in the league and is starting to be come an absolute force in board battles and very difficult to knock off the puck when he has it. That Vancouver game in particular I remember at least 2 really nice power moves to the net that he made. And he's only going to do that more often and with more power as he continues developing into his body.

Pretty crazy to think he's probably gonna post a 70+ point season in just his 2nd year in the league. I know there's a lot of hype and craze around the league right now for Barzal and especially Boeser... But Rantanen is making an argument to be the 3rd best forward drafted from his class right now.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I'm going to have lunch so I'll do the GDT when I get back. If someone could report of Nieto is out that would be fab.

Isn't he listed as day2day? If so that probably means we won't see him in an Avs sweater for the next 3 weeks i assume.

Do i sound bitter? I should let go ... but i can't. I want our whole medical stuff dea ... erm ... i mean, "let go". I'll shut up now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad