Pre-Game Talk: Week to get Frostbite (@VAN, @EDM, @WPG)

Which of the injured will play this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Except for when you think it has to do with the medical staff.
I don't know man. Have you a better explaination that so many day2day minors turn into week2week "majors"? Either they are really bad with predictions or they have no idea what they are doing in the first place. And besides - i need someone to "hate".

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't know man. Have you a better explaination that so many day2day minors turn into week2week "majors"? Either they are really bad with predictions or they have no idea what they are doing in the first place. And besides - i need someone to "hate".
Yes. Sokolowski doesn't run the team social media, neither does he green-light any published information.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yes. Sokolowski doesn't run the team social media, neither does he green-light any published information.

So what you are saying is that we shouldn't trust the Avs media because they are publishing false information? Even is that is a correct assumption it sill doesn't explain that sooo many minor day2day injuries (Jost/JTC/Nemeth/Ghetto) turned into a week long absence.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So what you are saying is that we shouldn't trust the Avs media because they are publishing false information? Even is that is a correct assumption it sill doesn't explain that sooo many minor day2day injuries (Jost/JTC/Nemeth/Ghetto) turned into a week long absence.
Andrighetto could have his head severed and he'd be listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

You can't possibly be this new to this.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Andrighetto could have his head severed and he'd be listed as day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

You can't possibly be this new to this.

No, i'm not. But what we can expect is something like: Ghetto has a lower body injury and will be out 3-4 weeks. Done. Shouldn't be a big deal. They lose a lot of their credibility when almost every day2day prediction turns into a 3-4 weeks IR story.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
No, i'm not. But what we can expect is something like: Ghetto has a lower body injury and will be out 3-4 weeks. Done. Shouldn't be a big deal. They lose a lot of their credibility when almost every day2day prediction turns into a 3-4 weeks IR story.
Actually, they don't, you just think they do.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How they convey injury news is one complaint I don't have. Sometimes they don't know, there's not a crystal ball. Soft tissue stuff depends on how the guy feels and progresses. Andrighetto has been the one that's stretched the longest but it's clear he had a setback, those happen. If you listen to what Bednar says, particularly on the radio, he reveals what he knows. He says guys won't be available for a time frame i.e. "Until after the bye, until after the ASG, not on this trip". If it's weeks the Avs have provided that information. If you pay attention to practice you can see a guys progression from skating to participating non contacts to full contact practice. Bednar is pretty predictable in following when a guy gets back is when he can participate in practice. It's really not rocket science if you are paying attention.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Somehow taking out Winny the Pooh tomorrow would be huuuuge for this club. Taking the first two games without Mack would be sweet as honey!

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
We could then get into talking about how we can trade MacK!!!!!

Hehe.

On a serious note, we got to have our priorities straight; First Barrie, then Landy, THEN Mack. We always have to get something for someone who will be a UFA sometime, so we can plan for the future that will never arrive, like any bottom-5 organization would do...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad