Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Condor (@Chi, LA, VGK)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
See, there's a lot here I just don't agree with. What does he do for the PK that a dozen other players haven't? I'll agree he doesn't really play it poorly but he also doesn't move the needle in the other direction either. Guys like Comeau, Soderberg, Nieto, and Compher are at least a scoring threat when on the man-disadvantage.

Also, I don't agree AT ALL that he works hard every shift. He's not necessarily lazy but his physical game comes and goes and that's what I take issue with. He's pretty much useless unless he's throttling guys on the forecheck, and we only see that every 4th or 5th game or so. The rest of the time he plays rather pensively and is a clown show with the puck on his stick. He was a complete liability last game. I can see why Bednar doesn't want to roll out a 4th line of Kerfoot-Kamenev-Toninato but I think that line would be worlds more effective than watching the play die on Gork's stick every shift.
I prefer Toninato if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: cgf

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Art Ross race after Tuesday's games

Kucherov 94, 9 GR
MacKinnon 91, 9 GR
McDavid 90, 9 GR
Malkin 89, 9 GR

Reactions: BrickAHL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think McDavid wins it in the end. He'll end up with a couple of ridiculous 4 point games between now and the last game of the season.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I hope the Avs can get 2 of 4 points against LA and Vegas. I am more worried about LA, they have been a very good possession team and with Carter back it is going to be hard to get good match ups.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope the Avs can get 2 of 4 points against LA and Vegas. I am more worried about LA, they have been a very good possession team and with Carter back it is going to be hard to get good match ups.
At this point we just need Mac & Cheese to feast on whoever they play. Preferred matchups aren't always going to happen. We need Mackinnon to simply be better than whoever he matches up against

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
At this point we just need Mac & Cheese to feast on whoever they play. Preferred matchups aren't always going to happen. We need Mackinnon to simply be better than whoever he matches up against
:laugh:

"Well, if we learned one thing today C.H.E.E.S.E., it's that cheerleaders and high explosives don't mix."

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
:laugh:

"Well, if we learned one thing today C.H.E.E.S.E., it's that cheerleaders and high explosives don't mix."
I will continue to call them that until they refer to themselves as Mac & Cheese.

Mackinnon is Mac for obvious reasons. Mikko goes cheddar every game therefore he's cheese.

Mac & Cheese.

Plus Gabe is the beautiful tall glass of Lemonade that goes hand in hand with Mac & Cheese and brings a whole different element to make the full meal complete.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I will continue to call them that until they refer to themselves as Mac & Cheese.

Mackinnon is Mac for obvious reasons. Mikko goes cheddar every game therefore he's cheese.

Mac & Cheese.

Plus Gabe is the beautiful tall glass of Lemonade that goes hand in hand with Mac & Cheese and brings a whole different element to make the full meal complete.

Crushed Fritos are great on top of Mac & Cheese.
Somehow, we have to associate Landeskog with Fritos...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Cheetos are nasty.
IRcS.gif

Reactions: cgf

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
As of this morning

EDIT: whoops someone beat me to it

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-21_7-42-43.png
    upload_2018-3-21_7-42-43.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 25

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Ghetto and Soda are the only two forwards I'd say are 2nd line capable right now and that is a bit of a stretch at times. Ghetto especially as he can be more of a liability when he isn't scoring, but when he's on he can play at that level. If the Soda line wasn't trucking along so well for their role, I'd be tempted to try Jost-Soda-Ghetto or Ghetto-Soda-Compher.

I've felt for a long time that Soderberg's chemistry with Comeau and now Nieto is both a blessing and a curse. Soderberg really should be our 2nd line center, helping bring along some of our young guys and providing consistent secondary scoring. But to do that means breaking up our most consistent, shut-down line. What would really help this team would be for another center to show he can be the new shutdown guy and allow Soderberg to take on a more offensive role.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I've felt for a long time that Soderberg's chemistry with Comeau and now Nieto is both a blessing and a curse. Soderberg really should be our 2nd line center, helping bring along some of our young guys and providing consistent secondary scoring. But to do that means breaking up our most consistent, shut-down line. What would really help this team would be for another center to show he can be the new shutdown guy and allow Soderberg to take on a more offensive role.

Or we just sign Tavares in the summer to be the 2nd line centre (TJ - JT - JTC). Soderberg's line can be the shutdown line with some offense chipped in :thumbu:

Reactions: Brett44

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What would really help this team would be for another center to show he can be the new shutdown guy and allow Soderberg to take on a more offensive role.

I think what would really help this team is for Jost to become a more offensive threat to allow Söderberg to remain the shutdown guy. Jost becoming a 50pt 2C next season would be awesome.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Or we just sign Tavares in the summer to be the 2nd line centre (TJ - JT - JTC). Soderberg's line can be the shutdown line with some offense chipped in :thumbu:

I think what would really help this team is for Jost to become a more offensive threat to allow Söderberg to remain the shutdown guy. Jost becoming a 50pt 2C next season would be awesome.

I approve of both of these solutions. But I just really want to see Soderberg in an offensive role. I think he deserves it at this point and he certainly has the skill.

Reactions: Jixer19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad