Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Condor (@Chi, LA, VGK)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think we would've been, we all thought he needed a change of scenery and there was a chance he was a decent player but wasn't worth his contract. We would've never seen the impact Soda had for us this season, all we had was memories of the useless and disgruntled Soda so there wouldn't have been any love lost.
omg we all were. But at the same time it does highlight the need for a defensive two way C long term, Soda aint getting younger
This actually might be our most pressing need imo.
Speak for yourself. I remembered the 51 point Soderberg of Roy's last year too when he was an effective playmaker on the power play and developed solid chemistry with Landy. Soderberg wasn't given a chance by Bednar last year at all, and I don't know what changed to mend that relationship, but what happened last year was mostly Bednar's fault for being a giant dick about playing "his way" and burying him in a 13th forward role that doesn't suit him.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Please tell me you don't say woke or use mint as a verb.
I don’t. I say a lot of stuff but not woke lol. I live in LA and I’m 19 so you’ll have to forgive me ahaha.

Btw. If anyone is going to the Kings game on the 2nd. Find me and my buddies at Section 101. Row 11. Seats 9, 10, 11. Big game

It’s gonna be lit, lads :)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Speak for yourself. I remembered the 51 point Soderberg of Roy's last year too when he was an effective playmaker on the power play and developed solid chemistry with Landy. Soderberg wasn't given a chance by Bednar last year at all, and I don't know what changed to mend that relationship, but what happened last year was mostly Bednar's fault for being a giant dick about playing "his way" and burying him in a 13th forward role that doesn't suit him.

If you say so.

I'm skeptical about Beauch waiving the NMC for the draft, but then again, why would we need to?

MacKinnon
Duchene
Landeskog
Nieto
Grigorenko
Comeau
Andrighetto

Leaving Soderberg and Colborne exposed to meet the requirements. Does anybody really feel like some of those names are necessary to cover in the forward group? I feel like we would gain more by leaving more forwards exposed, not fewer. Just protect him and leave more garbage exposed.

I'm really OK with the drafting lately. The only pick I really hate is Anderson and he does sound like he's showing some improvement. What I think really badly needs to change is the pro scouting department that signed off on Soderberg, Colborne, and Gelinas. If all three of those players were replaced with even adequate substitutes this team would look very very different. Drafting and development is important, but you can't miss on free agency so often and not suffer major setbacks. We've failed at that much more and at greater cost than at drafting since 2013, IMO. They are bad at evaluating talent and at who would fit with our squad.

The simple fact of the matter is that we have Soderberg, and we have to make use of him unless by some unlikely maneuver we manage to get rid of him. If that means "misusing" him on the PP and as a scoring line center, so be it. We have proof that he can be effective there. Burying him on the 4th line isn't a realistic option. You have to work with him to figure out how to make the best of the situation.

That team doesn't exist. Calgary is the only team left with no goalies to protect. And I don't think anybody really believes that Calgary will pass on Korpisalo, Grubauer, and Fleury for Pickard. Pickard is probably less valuable than Raanta and Reimer, too when it comes to flipping guys who will be backups to teams who may be in the market there. There's only so many teams who will be after goalies. Vegas will be looking for deals for forwards and D, too.

The only scenario I can see is Vegas taking him to keep him as a backup, hoping he'll develop into a future starter, same as we will. We're going to lose an asset regardless. If it's only Pickard, vet backups are cheap. I know we all hope Vegas will do us a solid and take Soderberg or Comeau, but that's unlikely to say the least. Just accept that we will lose something we like, and be thankful that we're not the Ducks, Wild, Caps, or Preds, because they're going to be way worse off.​

Shall I continue, or...?

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Landy will be off the line when we have someone better to replace him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If you say so.

Shall I continue, or...?
Ouch. I did not remember being that vocal about Soderberg. I suppose I could go spend time researching my post history myself before every post I make, but I, unlike you, apparently have better things to do.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Ouch. I did not remember being that vocal about Soderberg. I suppose I could go spend time researching my post history myself before every post I make, but I, unlike you, apparently have better things to do.

Like posting on a hockey forum? We all clearly have nothing better to do.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Yup, I guess you could spend your time posting on here and then get all moody and defensive when you get called out. Too bad you don't have 30 seconds to use the search function of the site and copy/paste some quotes. Clearly you're way too busy to remember what your opinions are.

Edit: Just wanted to congratulate you on your 6.07 posts per day since you joined, very impressive you're able to get that post count up that high, considering how many better things you have to do.

Reactions: dahrougem2

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yup, I guess you could spend your time posting on here and then get all moody and defensive when you get called out. Too bad you don't have 30 seconds to use the search function of the site and copy/paste some quotes. Clearly you're way too busy to remember what your opinions are.

Edit: Just wanted to congratulate you on your 6.07 posts per day since you joined, very impressive you're able to get that post count up that high, considering how many better things you have to do.
It was a year ago dude, I straight up didn't remember being that down on Soderberg. We were all pissed off this time last year and taking it out on the team and each other.

I hope you feel very proud of yourself.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Everyone hoped Soderberg would get chosen in the expansion draft and was worried about three more years of him and his contract. Some folks had more faith than others that he'd rebound but where we sat last year it was a huge problem.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure I wanted Vegas to pick Sodaberg. Hell, I wouldn't mind them trading for him this summer, as long as Avs have a 2C coming in free agency.

He's been fairly good this year but I think it's the lack of a proper 2C or good defensive center on the team making him look better. Add that Avs have zero issues with cap space and his contract is a non-issue. On a team with cap squeeze, I suspect we would hate the contract.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Like posting on a hockey forum? We all clearly have nothing better to do.
True, but in all my years on the internet, going back to the Wild West 90s message boards, I've never actually gone back and searched through year-old threads on a forum to put one over on somebody. It strikes me as an enormously petty thing to do to a stranger given the amount of time it would take to do so.

It certainly isn't the first time I have been wrong on the internet, it just fascinates me that somebody would go to that effort when, to my knowledge, I haven't had any internet slapfights with them before. It's never occurred to me to do that to anybody else, even the people that I strongly dislike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad