Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Condor (@Chi, LA, VGK)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yea, get four points here and I'm very close to believing that we're making the playoffs.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
If the Avs go 4-5-1 in the last 10 games they still have 69% chance to make the playoffs.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
If the Avs go 4-5-1 in the last 10 games they still have 69% chance to make the playoffs.
Nice...

Schedule is definitely tough for the Avs, winning against the Kings is huge. Bishop got hurt in Dallas but his numbers were not stellar to begin with.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Nice...

Schedule is definitely tough for the Avs, winning against the Kings is huge. Bishop got hurt in Dallas but his numbers were not stellar to begin with.

Even if they lose to them and win the other two games, the week is successful. But getting a regulation win vs Kings.. that would be pretty big for the playoff chances.

I happen to like Stars a lot and I wish they find a way to make it into the playoffs with us but man they're digging themselves a pretty deep hole currently. In the beginning of the month their playoff chances were above 80%, now it's 31%. They've changed places with the Avs, Avs had around 40% chance to make it in the beginning of the month and just 2-3 weeks later have 83% chance.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
While winning all of them is important, I really want them to make a statement against VGK. Make them scared to face us in the PO:naughty:

Reactions: cgf

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I don't know if anyone will agree with me but I don't think Vegas makes the playoffs next season.

Agree with this 100%. That team banded together because they had a chip on their shoulder for getting dropped by their teams . An emotional year for teams usually end with them falling apart the year after . See the sens with Andy and his wife, Methot's finger and Karlsson's injury .

Reactions: Murzu

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
A Minnesota win today would be huge. As an aside, I just noticed that Mackinnon is tied with Malkin in points and Rantanen with Crosby. It’s crazy we’re getting that kind of mileage out of a 22 and 21 year old.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
We'll lose to Chicago, beat Los Angeles, and beat the holy snot out of Vegas as payback we still haven't given them for the 7-0 game. I'm never optimistic but 2-1 this week would be damn good.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
5 wins and we're in.

No question on this.

Though I really think 4 wins and we're in is also true. Think 94 points is going to be the WC2 spot and we'll hold the tiebreaker over everyone as of right now.

That said, this is a week where this team is really capable of going 3-0-0. On the road against Chicago and at home against Vegas especially should be wins. I think the home game against LA is going to be a tough game and a big game, but again I think it's a winnable game.

If we go 2-1-0 or 3-0-0 this week I suspect we'll be 90%+ to make playoffs after this week.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm excited for the L.A game because MacKinnon tends to step up when games matter most, and that is a huge game. 'yuuuuuuuuuuuge game. So I expect we'll see the best version of MacKinnon vs L.A.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
While winning all of them is important, I really want them to make a statement against VGK. Make them scared to face us in the PO:naughty:
The way we played NSH the last two games against them I have a feeling they are not looking forward to playing us also. I think we are scaring a lot of teams right now.

Going 2-1 this week with one of those wins against LA would solidify our hold on a PO spot.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Nathan MacKinnon delivered another MVP-like performance on Sunday Roenick shows the Avs some love.

BTW, anyone know of a bracket for this playoffs? I can find one for the first round, but who plays the winner of what first round matchups in the later rounds would be helpful.

As it stands now:
Central Leader vs WC2
Pacific Leader vs WC1
2nd vs 3rd in each division.

Hypothetically going forward:
Nashville wins and Jets win, they face each other
Colorado wins (homer pick :sarcasm:) and SJ wins, they face each other

Than the two winners face off in the Western Conf Final.

Hope this makes sense.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm hoping we shoot for the WC1 spot. We have a much better chance at winning against Vegas than against Nashville. We'll know more when we play our 2 games against Vegas. It would be great to beat them, and then have those points guarantee us a matchup with them in the first round.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I'm hoping we shoot for the WC1 spot. We have a much better chance at winning against Vegas than against Nashville. We'll know more when we play our 2 games against Vegas. It would be great to beat them, and then have those points guarantee us a matchup with them in the first round.

Would be nice to, in a sense, get out of our division for a while too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Would be nice to, in a sense, get out of our division for a while too.
Yeah for sure. Playing Vegas / a Pacific team in the 2nd round is the best case scenario. I don't think we get out of the first round in the WC2 spot.

That being said, just making the playoffs is huge for us. It's kinda crazy that I'm looking at second round matchups lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->