Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (Nsh, Min, ASG@SJ)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I legitimately can't tell if people here have never watched Silicon Valley? (If not, get on that shizz right away...)

silicon-valley.jpg

(That said, the photoshop is...eh, not that great lol)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How about this one. Before that beatdown from the Lightning our record was 17-7-5....after that beatdown our record went to 22-20-8. Thats a whole 5 wins and 3 OT loses since December 8th meeting with Tampa. Unreal.

Reactions: klozge

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
How about this one. Before that beatdown from the Lightning our record was 17-7-5....after that beatdown our record went to 22-20-8. Thats a whole 5 wins and 3 OT loses since December 8th meeting with Tampa. Unreal.
Unsurprisingly our goaltending has been garbage since December. The Avs are really not playing that much worse than they did at the beginning of the season.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Unsurprisingly our goaltending has been garbage since December. The Avs are really not playing that much worse than they did at the beginning of the season.

Have you completely missed the defensive breakdowns and giveaways costing goals every game?

Goalies might not be helping, but the team hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire in a lot of the games (especially if the puck isn't in the other end)

Reactions: klozge

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Have you completely missed the defensive breakdowns and giveaways costing goals every game?

Goalies might not be helping, but the team hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire in a lot of the games (especially if the puck isn't in the other end)
Every team in the league has defensive errors and breakdowns. The goaltending has been atrocious and its been like that for 2 months at some point the players understand that there is not much they can do, its impossible to play a perfect defensive game, as a result the whole team has gone down the toilet.

I honestly cannot understand how anyone can defend the goaltending, look at their save percentage for the last 2 months. They could become the worst statistical goaltending duo the Avs have ever had and that is saying something.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

We've had worse team defense, we've had far less talent between the pipes, more breakdowns, but we've never seen a save percentage as bad as this. in the worst season this league has seen since the expansion Sens our goalies had the following stats:

2016-17 Colorado Avalanche Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
We need better team defense and goatlending. Our guys are slumping but are capable of both of those things that I listed, we've seen it earlier this season. Things have been worse:

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
We need better team defense and goatlending. Our guys are slumping but are capable of both of those things that I listed, we've seen it earlier this season. Things have been worse:

Yeah anyone who thinks the sky is falling needs to watch this video. This was a reality just a few seasons ago. Not saying the Avs aren't playing awful right now, because they are, but that team was legitimately pathetic.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He came back and played so hopefully it's all good. If he doesn't play, is he suspended for a game because of the NHL's dumb rules?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Timely excuse to avoid the All-Star game without being suspended.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Timely excuse to avoid the All-Star game without being suspended.

He'll still get "Suspended" though.

If you miss the All-Star game you have to miss at least one game either proceeding the All-Star game or after it if I'm not mistaken. Cant just say your hurt and not go, then not miss a regular season game.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
He'll still get "Suspended" though.

If you miss the All-Star game you have to miss at least one game either proceeding the All-Star game or after it if I'm not mistaken. Cant just say your hurt and not go, then not miss a regular season game.
It appears you’re right. Well this is worse news than I originally thought.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The league knows MacKinnon wants to be there with his line mates. If MacKinnon has a broken foot he's not getting suspended.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The league knows MacKinnon wants to be there with his line mates. If MacKinnon has a broken foot he's not getting suspended.

If he has a broken foot then he's not playing in the game after the ASG anyways so it doesn't matter. The issue is if there's no real damage but he's sore/hurt and needs rest. His choice will likely be to play in this meaningless game when he's sore/hurt or get suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad