Pre-Game Talk: Week of All Stars (Nsh, Min, ASG@SJ)

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I know it's the PC answer, but Bednar seriously can't be contemplating going back to Varlamov, can he?
It's Bednar he's comfortable with the likes of gork and uses him on the pk still. Everything is possible, well except winning two games in a row. :sarcasm:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I really want to Bednar to drink like an extra large glass of chocolate milk to psych himself up into marching into Sakic's office and demanding he call up Francouz. I hope he's looking up swear words to use as we speak.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
One positive look at this, management calculated varly's previous term pretty well to where the deal expiring right along with his future as a starter.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
One positive look at this, management calculated varly's previous term pretty well to where the deal expiring right along with his future as a starter.

Eh.. I'd say last year might have been that spot. It would of forced us to act sooner.

Reactions: S3rkie

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
FFS

Or, just hear me out, PLAY FRANCOUZ.

Bednar clearly has no answers for the goaltending. He can try all the different strategies he wants but it doesn't matter if they're going to continue to allow awful goals. The only thing he hasn't tried is Francouz and I'm guessing that's not entirely his decision.

I haven't heard a lot about Jussi Parkkila's innovative methods and crazy glasses he has them wearing in a while. He should probably get a head start on packing up his place because if/when Varly's gone, he's likely going with him.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
This is the right mentality but it needs to include Francouz. If you're only interested in finding the goalie who can get hot, it doesn't make any sense to only try the two guys who have struggled.

It should be three headed monster time. Find out what you have in Francouz before it's too late.

People can say what they will about Q and his handling of goalies but at least he tried Kolesnik when the other goalies were sucking.

I fully expect Francouz to walk if he doesn't get a chance here, I'm sure hes well aware of the issues going on with Varly and Grub.

Reactions: klozge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad