Pre-Game Talk: Week in the Wild West (@SJ, @LA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
it just seems like a total emergency, that's the part I don't get. I mean if you know that Varly won't be available to travel then you plan for it. Didn't Roy literally say today that Varly would be playing in LA? Its not like Roy in total balls to the wall playoff mode to be left short a goalie when Will is your next option. The kid gets too much crap but it should not be an option at all to see the him in the net. Now SA has to go out and sign another goalie to a PTO and the Avs have to send someone down that they don't want to. It is a total mess.

Perhaps you're right. On the other hand, it could be a matter of Varly's lawyer making a very late decision that it'd be best to have Varly attend the trial since it went forward. There likely were settlement discussions and these always happen at the last minute. The vast majority of cases settle on the courthouse steps. But when they don't, you want to have your client attend the trial. And . . . hockey (and what happens there) is a secondary consideration in that event.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not sure if we even want to invite the discussion... but the plaintiff attorney in the Varly case sounds like a Barry Zuckerkorn. Just an awful attorney.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah BSN's tweets are interesting. It sounds like a movie. Or when my friend got divorced and her ex showed up with no attorney and asked to use hers.

If they are embarrassing themselves presenting their own case...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah BSN's tweets are interesting. It sounds like a movie. Or when my friend got divorced and her ex showed up with no attorney and asked to use hers.

If they are embarrassing themselves presenting their own case...

Or like when my wife's attorney advised her she'd get 1200$ a month in alimony by lying on her financial statement, instead of taking my offer of paying all of the debt and her car payment.

Paid 5K for a firm to represent her, and ended up with zero alimony and half the debt as the judge threw out her financial statement and used mine for her since she asked for 250$ a month in personal maintenance (hair & nails) among other ridiculousness lol.

Sometimes lawyers get a little too cocky IMO, the settlement just isn't good enough for them.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nothing too interesting on Roy's radio show yet. We'll see if they ask any good questions. I sent in a few on Grigs and Rantanen.

Oh wait, here come the Broncos questions.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If the second half of this interview doesn't improve I think it's the worst I've ever heard.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh let's ask him about working with Sakic!

Roy even makes stupid questions good.

So they didn't bother to ask any fan questions. Only thing interesting was Roy said either team can use emergency goalie list so that's why Roy is not listed because they don't want another team to use him. But he said if there's nobody on the emergency list available then he'd go in. He said that he was chirping MacK yesterday that he couldn't score on him so MacK went to the other side to get away from Roy and he followed him and made sure he was taking enough shots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad