Pre-Game Talk: Week in the Wild West (@SJ, @LA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I don't know, when Redmond stays physically engaged he does some positive things.

Honestly, Redmond is just more exciting to watch lol. Hes an adventure but hes much more likely to help you out offensively than Chuck will.

Neither of them are great defensively, but there is more positives to Redmonds game IMO.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Chuck does a much better job of using his partner and short passes to move the puck.

You mean his blind backhand passes up the boards?

If Holden can put out his dumpster fire, then Redmond has just as much of a chance lol.

I just think there is more upside to playing Redmond than Chuck personally. Redmond will actually jump into plays and can shoot the puck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You mean his blind backhand passes up the boards?

If Holden can put out his dumpster fire, then Redmond has just as much of a chance lol.

I just think there is more upside to playing Redmond than Chuck personally. Redmond will actually jump into plays and can shoot the puck.

How long did it take to teach Holden? Redmond and Chuck are both gone at season's end; there's no upside with either of them.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm still holding out hope that the reason Avs are playing Redmond it to entice some corsi-centric team to trade for Redmond at trade deadline and Avs will lose a contract and gain a fourth round pick.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm still holding out hope that the reason Avs are playing Redmond it to entice some corsi-centric team to trade for Redmond at trade deadline and Avs will lose a contract and gain a fourth round pick.

This is my hope as well. Giving him Bigras to clean up after him will only help showcase the corsi-god.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don't like Redmond, but I'd much rather him than Bodnarchuk. I don't think Bodnarchuk is very good at all. Like Redmond, he's afraid of contact, but he can't move the puck like Redmond can.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't like Redmond, but I'd much rather him than Bodnarchuk. I don't think Bodnarchuk is very good at all. Like Redmond, he's afraid of contact, but he can't move the puck like Redmond can.

Well, that's saying something since I don't think Redmond moves the puck well at all either. He's got the capability to do so, but he chooses not to.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

This is exactly where I am at, and Bigras/Redmond has worked for 10-13 minutes a game already.

I do think Roy knows he has to keep Redmond scared to lose his job a little if hes going to get Redmond to engage physically on a consistent basis. However I also think Roys sees the value in Redmonds puck moving abilities, outside of that ****ing hail marry pass he likes to make.

Well, that's saying something since I don't think Redmond moves the puck well at all either. He's got the capability to do so, but he chooses not to.

I see it the other way around, he tries too hard to make big plays and seems resistant to simplifying things a bit.

You can't make the mistakes he makes choosing not to move the puck.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is exactly where I am at, and Bigras/Redmond has worked for 10-13 minutes a game already.

I do think Roy knows he has to keep Redmond scared to lose his job a little if hes going to get Redmond to engage physically on a consistent basis. However I also think Roys sees the value in Redmonds puck moving abilities, outside of that ****ing hail marry pass he likes to make.

I see it the other way around, he tries too hard to make big plays and seems resistant to simplifying things a bit.

You can't make the mistakes he makes choosing not to move the puck.

He does try way too hard to make the big play and it affects his overall game. If he just kept it simple and made smart, easy available passes the majority of the time he'd be the best pure puck-moving defensemen on this team.

He's capable of doing it, and he has done it in the past. Bodnarchuk hasn't shown even the capability of doing it.

He has, but his failed stretch passes and over-stickhandling of the puck have seemed to happen a lot more frequently. I don't care much for Bodnarchuk but I'm no fan of Redmond either.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The break is coming up but I'd still prefer Varly not playing another back to back here so I'm glad they're sticking with the original plan.

Good to hear Skille is okay. That looked ugly when it happened.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Please correct me if this has already been pointed out...

Any thoughts on Zads going down and Bigras staying being totally based on contracts? (would like to see what TMV thinks...) Zadorov has 16 GP this year, thus can only play 24 more to not burn a year RFA, no? Bigras only has 6, and we were 44 games in when he was called up, so he can play the rest of the year no problem.

Watch to see if Zads comes up with 24 or less games to go...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Any thoughts on Zads going down and Bigras staying being totally based on contracts? (would like to see what TMV thinks...) Zadorov has 16 GP this year, thus can only play 24 more to not burn a year RFA, no? Bigras only has 6, and we were 44 games in when he was called up, so he can play the rest of the year no problem.

Zadorov played 60 NHL games last year, so I think his clock to UFA has already started ticking. I think this year counts no matter what.

I might be wrong though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Any thoughts on Zads going down and Bigras staying being totally based on contracts? (would like to see what TMV thinks...) Zadorov has 16 GP this year, thus can only play 24 more to burn a year RFA, no? Bigras only has 6, and we were 44 games in when he was called up, so he can play the rest of the year no problem.

Does that still apply with someone like Zadorov this late in his contract? Interesting idea if so...

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Zadorov played 60 NHL games last year, so I think his clock to UFA has already started ticking. I think this year counts no matter what.

I might be wrong though.

Ah, that would make sense. Kind of a 'one-time' shot if it's still very early in their career. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd be curious if someone knows the rule for sure (wouldn't know where to look, exactly...)

Still, it's interesting to think about for Bigras, basically a 'win/win' for Avs mgmt if they had the mind to 'develop' his game and call him up after that mark had passed.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They are both 20 playing pro, the contract counts. This RFA year business, does Barrie get an extra one for only playing part seasons in the NHL? If not then I doubt either of them do.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
They are both 20 playing pro, the contract counts. This RFA year business, does Barrie get an extra one for only playing part seasons in the NHL? If not then I doubt either of them do.

Cool, that's good to know, thanks TV. I speculated that IR could be different than being reassigned, such as for Barrie if that's what you're referring to.

Either way, I'm willing to bet one/both finishes this year, and they both will sure as hell be on the starting roster next season :yo:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
LOL this has to be one of the most ******** ****ing tweets I've ever seen.

TMV you see this conversation?

Some more gold

This guy is a ****ing consultant for the NHL, rotfl

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I saw that, this might be the time to back away from analytics just a touch. Is it fair to keep an eye on Beauchemin's usage and effectiveness, yes but to suggest he's a bottom pairing D and that Redmond is better is just so far outside reality and common sense that they really should just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad