Pre-Game Talk: Week for keeping up with the pack (@Min, @Stl, Nsh, Det)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We need Ghetto in the top 6 and the best C we can give him (without breaking the top line) is Soderberg. That's why. We've seen it in the last game, Ghetto is a notch above the kids offensively. He's our 4th best offensive weapon.

Why? Sven helps us score. The Soda line is used in a defensive role. So why not use Sven in an offensive role with Jost & Kamenev, where he could be more effective?

If it makes you feel better we can call the soda line the third line, that way Sven is in the top 6 but is actually being utilized correctly.

Landy - MacK - Mikko
Jost - Kamenev - Sven
Nieto - Soda - Comeau
Wilson - Kerf - Comph
(Gork / Toni / Terri)

Peacock - Kondor
Iceman - Goose
Barbie - Samwise
(Dunk / notLindholm)

*groin-injury*
*concussion*
(*lol hamburgler*)

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why? Sven helps us score. The Soda line is used in a defensive role. So why not use Sven in an offensive role with Jost & Kamenev, where he could be more effective?
Because even though he's playing on a checking line with Nieto and Comeau, Soda is producing more these days than Kerfoot, Compher and Jost. He's our 2nd best center offensively. Do we want secondary scoring or not? Let him play with Ghetto and Jost.

Give the checking C role to Compher with Nieto and Comeau.

Kamenev will rightfully start on the 4th line, I can't believe you guys are painting him as the 2C right away. That's not being realistic at all.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Toughest week of the year imo. Need to set the tone in Minny. If we call pull a win (or hell even a OT point) in the Xcel Center I'll feel pretty good about our odds.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because even though he's playing on a checking line with Nieto and Comeau, Soda is producing more these days than Kerfoot, Compher and Jost. He's our 2nd best center offensively. Do we want secondary scoring or not? Let him play with Ghetto and Jost.

Give the checking C role to Compher with Nieto and Comeau.

Kamenev will rightfully start on the 4th line, I can't believe you guys are painting him as the 2C right away. That's not being realistic at all.

We don't have a 2nd line or 3rd line. We have the MacK line, then we have the other lines, and whoever's left forms the 4th line. One of the other lines is more offensively inclined & given softer minutes, while the other is relied upon heavily defensively to be our shutdown line with the toughest responsibilities. If Soda isn't on the shutdown line then we are going to have to put more of those duties on the MacKinnon line; because Kerfoot & Compher sure as f*** aren't going to succeed in that role when they're already struggling in the much softer scoring role they currently have.

So stop thinking of whether these guys are ready to be the "2C" or whatever and worry about if the shutdown line could effectively handle the responsibilities that they have with them on it, or if they need the softer offensive minutes. Jost needs the softer offensive minutes, Sven needs the softer offensive minutes, Soda can handle the shutdown role, etc.

Compher should be on the 4th line and maybe needs a scratch to recharge his batteries and end his poor form. Asking him to take over Soda's responsibilities would implode our playoff chances.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Please Bednar do not put Kamenev with Kerfoot and Wilson. One guy who won't shoot, and another who can't? Yuk

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I'd like to see

Jost kamenev Ghetto
Wilson kerfoot Compher

When healthy . Think those lines balance out the lineup the best .

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Saw this on Reddit. Thought it's a cool table for our season and what games we have left.

2zilmmkfzel01.png

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If they can get to Dubnyk early, then they have a good shot, cause they are in his head; but Avs always seem to play like crap in Minnesota. Losing 7-2, 7-1 already to the Avs, they're gonna want pay back. Plus the Avs blow on the road this year. Varly is going to have to stand on his head. Fully expect them to be out shot more than 2-1. L

Avs are 3-13 in St. Louis since 2011, 1-8 since 2105; but who knows which Stl. team shows up. Not having Stastny there will help. Maybe the Avs are due, but wouldn't even bet $5 on it. OTL

Nashville? Will they rest guys? Will Rinne play? They never seem to lose regardless. Avs should have won that one last week. L

They can, and should, beat Detroit. W

1-2-1

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I haven't thought of Wilson even once since he went out until I read this thread. Just a completely forgettable player.

Last edited:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The whole Varly and Bernie situation is kinda tragically ironic. We bring him in in case Varly gets injured, and while he did do that he also looked better than Varly this season. Yet now hes the one that is injured and Varly looks healthy.

We must have some curse on our goaltenders. I also hate to think what would happen if Varly got hurt as well....

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The whole Varly and Bernie situation is kinda tragically ironic. We bring him in in case Varly gets injured, and while he did do that he also looked better than Varly this season. Yet now hes the one that is injured and Varly looks healthy.

We must have some curse on our goaltenders. I also hate to think what would happen if Varly got hurt as well....

Is Hammond still injured too?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Regarding Bernier...before his 10 game win streak he was not playing very well at all. In fact, he was pretty bad. That streak has kind of made people forget about that. He turned it around but I'm not so sure he was better than Varly.

Either way...I want Raanta next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad