Pre-Game Talk: Week for keeping up with the pack (@Min, @Stl, Nsh, Det)

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I would think we are cheering for Anaheim over St. Louis tonight?

Probably doesn't matter much, but I think the Kings get the 3rd Pacific spot. So I'm rooting for the Blues tonight. I think the Ducks will be more of a threat for a WC spot than the Blues.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Definitely Ducks over Blues tonight.

Ducks beat the Blues tonight followed by us beating the Blues later this week, and they're 5 points back of us and the final dagger pretty much landed on them. Especially if we also were to beat the Wild in our game and got to 7 points up on them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How come everytime any Avs player who is having a very good season gets injured? This has been happening for as long as I can rememer with this team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is Kamenev on the way yet? That one game in the AHL is good enough for me.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
3 important games tonight:

Canucks vs Kings
Wings vs Sharks
Blues vs Ducks

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If everyone is fully healthy by this time next week, we could be rolling:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau
Andrighetto-Jost-Compher
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Wilson

Zadorov-Johnson
Nemeth-Barrie
Girard-Barberio

Me likey.

Naturally, someone will get hurt this week and be day-to-day until September

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I would think we are cheering for Anaheim over St. Louis tonight?

Head over to sports clubs stats.

It will tell you how each game will result in a positive or negative for the avs playoff chances.

Ie. Anaheim beating St Louis will add 1.3% to our odds.

Reactions: Avs71

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
If everyone is fully healthy by this time next week, we could be rolling:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau
Andrighetto-Jost-Compher
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Wilson

Zadorov-Johnson
Nemeth-Barrie
Girard-Barberio

Me likey.

Naturally, someone will get hurt this week and be day-to-day until September

Naturally, lol.

I just can't believe we have been rolling a Nieto-Soda-Comeau second line and been getting a way with it.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Honestly Im a lot scared about st louis than all the other teams. I have a gut feeling that they're gonna creep up on us and I think LA is going to get that 3rd spot for the pacific anyways

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why not try a Ghetto-Soda-Comeau 2nd line? Soda is our 2C and I want Ghetto in the top 6 where he is effective.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why some of you still want to break up a line that actually works (most of the time) will always be a mystery to me.

It has good days and it has bad days, it's been a good interim measure but let's not pretend that line hasn't gotten absolutely railroaded on some nights. The problem with putting all the vets on two lines is that it leaves the other two as a mishmash of leftover rookie parts, and it shows. I would've liked for them to at least try Soda and Comeau with one of the kids in place of Nieto, but at this point they may as well stick with what they got.

The only other "vet" they really had to put with those 3rd and 4th lines was the oft-injured Colin Wilson and Sven Andrighetto. And really, the most effective we've seen both J.T. Compher and Alex Kerfoot was when they were paired with a "veteran" tandem (Kerfoot-Duchene-Yakupov and Wilson-Compher-Andrighetto). I really haven't been a fan of any incarnation of the "kid" line.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why some of you still want to break up a line that actually works (most of the time) will always be a mystery to me.

We need Ghetto in the top 6 and the best C we can give him (without breaking the top line) is Soderberg. That's why. We've seen it in the last game, Ghetto is a notch above the kids offensively. He's our 4th best offensive weapon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad