Pre-Game Talk: Week for keeping up with the pack (@Min, @Stl, Nsh, Det)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
.500 this week should be the goal with anything else being considered a bonus.

Beat Detroit and then find 2 points in the games against St. Louis/Minnesota/Nashville.

Looking at the rest of our schedule and breaking it down into weeks I think we need to go:

2-2 this week(March 12-18th)
2-1 the following week(March 19th-25th, games @CHI, vsLA, and vsVGK)
2-2 the next week(March 26th- April 1st, @VGK, vsPHI, vsCHI, @ANA)
1-2 the last week(April 2nd- Season end, @LA, @SJS, vsSTL)

As long as we get one of those losses into Over-time, we'll be 7-6-1 in our last 15 games for 95 points which I think would be enough to just get us in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5280

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I hope you're right but I'm really hoping for a bit better than that to feel more comfortable

Oh for sure. 3-1 would be amazing. I'm fully expecting a loss against the Wild on Tuesday. But a wing against the Blues on the road Thursday would be a huge dagger for them. Then we get Nashville at home again and Detroit right after, both are winnable games, as we showed just recently that we can play a strong game against the Preds at home.

We find a way to pull out a 3-1 win this week, and we're playoff bound. But I think going 2-2 would allow us to at least hold a spot in the playoffs still in a weeks time.

Another thing I've noticed. The Avs are starting to do a good job at getting games to OT at least. 5 of our last 10 games have went to extra time. Of course we also lost 4/5 of those games in OT. But if we're going to lose games, losing them in OT instead of regulation is huge this time of the year. Learning how to properly play OT and getting a couple additional points in the way of OT Wins instead of losses would be great though.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
We gotta win the two against LA. I’ll be at the one here in LA. We gotta also win the ones against STL and at least one against CHI

So for me

Win

LA
LA
STL
STL
CHI
DET
ANA

Then

Minny
Knights x2
Preds
Sharks
Hawks
Flyers

There’s definitely no way we don’t come away with a few points in those games. But I got 7 must wins. Detroit is trash. And then Chicago isn’t really in the hunt but that’s why we need one of them. But gotta get up for ANA, STL, LAK

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I still wonder if 7-6-1 can still get us in with how tight everything is. I'm hoping for more like 8-4-2, but hopefully closer to .500 works out. Either way I'm still proud of this team for how well they have done considering the disaster we had last year. Guess we'll see how the last 14 games goes (wow, this season flew by)

@Gabe the Babe I'm gonna try to make that LA game myself. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Well what do you know, we're currently in the second wild card spot so this week I won't post you guys Dahlin highlights.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Who needs Dahlin when you're gonna win the cup ;)

But but but both?

I'm so amazed that we have been this good this season. I estimated that we finish with 70-80 points and we have 80 already. @Sea Eagles was right all along.

We seem to have 60-70% chance to make it to playoffs at the moment according to couple of websites. Feels so odd too see those kind of percentages this late of season. I have hard time managing my excitement, it's still easy to get burned.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
But but but both?

I'm so amazed that we have been this good this season. I estimated that we finish with 70-80 points and we have 80 already. @Sea Eagles was right all along.

We seem to have 60-70% chance to make it to playoffs at the moment according to couple of websites. Feels so odd too see those kind of percentages this late of season. I have hard time managing my excitement, it's still easy to get burned.
Well. Even if we miss playoffs karma owes us one in the lottery. So is it a burn to get Dahlin?

f*** it queue the highlights
I still wonder if 7-6-1 can still get us in with how tight everything is. I'm hoping for more like 8-4-2, but hopefully closer to .500 works out. Either way I'm still proud of this team for how well they have done considering the disaster we had last year. Guess we'll see how the last 14 games goes (wow, this season flew by)

@Gabe the Babe I'm gonna try to make that LA game myself. Maybe I'll see ya there.

I’ll see where I’m sitting and lyk, mate

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
This is a TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH week - specially with Berns out and EJ probably not ready to go before Sunday (hope he's back Thursday tho). I'm also happy with 4/8 pts. Maybe we can steal an extra point here or there to make it 5.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
But but but both?

Makes me so happy to see the club where we are. I truly hope they are rewarded with a playoff spot.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I would think we are cheering for Anaheim over St. Louis tonight?

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Just realized im not going to be able to watch the last two games of the season.... At least I won't have to deal with the stress.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
L @ Minnesota
W @ St. Louis
L vs Nashville
W vs Detroit

That's the optimistic side of me coming out. Pray to god Varly's groins hold up this week and we don't have to see Spencer Martin *shudder*

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm just gonna make the logical prediction and say they lose the 2 road games win the 2 at home

Edit: March 18 is my birthday, oddly enough Avs always play on that day and win, so you can chalk up Detroit game a win.

Last edited:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I think this team really gets up for Minnesota. Would love a tone-setting win to kick things off. Someone just needs to post Pepsi signs and burgundy A's all over Xcel Energy Center. Can they bring their Cup banners on the road with them? God knows Minny doesn't have any to make them feel at home.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I honestly hate when you guys do predictions on the week and individual games. Makes me so nervous!

Seriously though, not trying to get too ahead of ourselves here, but we really should be gunning for that first WC spot. It’s within reach and would be monumental getting to plays Vegas over Nashville. I mean, Vegas is a very solid team but you just never know when things will crumble for them. Nashville on the other hand...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I honestly hate when you guys do predictions on the week and individual games. Makes me so nervous!

Seriously though, not trying to get too ahead of ourselves here, but we really should be gunning for that first WC spot. It’s within reach and would be monumental getting to plays Vegas over Nashville. I mean, Vegas is a very solid team but you just never know when things will crumble for them. Nashville on the other hand...

Nashville is just built so well and built not to lose. They don’t have top end forwards like TB, but they’re defense is just nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->