GDT: Wed Sep. 13: NYI at Flyers' rookie game, 7:00 pm ET; Final: 4-3 OT loss

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They probably should have dressed Willcox. Not easy to play with only 5 dmen for half a game.

But, more importantly, the Myers injury being a precautionary LBI doesn't sound too serious.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
For me it was Morin and Friedman easily.

Sanheim didnt play well.

Neither did Myers prior to leaving.

DeHaas and Hora were terribad.

Patricks vision was clearly the best on the ice.

Lindbloms strength and ability to win battles stood out.

Hart played well but would have liked to see him bail the team out in OT like Gilliam was able to for NYI.

You can see the hockey IQ and vision Patrick has. He didn't seem to have chemistry with his linemates. None of the lines really seemed to have it except the Vorobyev line.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I guess that'll quench the Salinitri hype for a while, and did Laberge do anything? Sushko skated but didn't really make any plays.

Bunnyman has a knack of being in the right place but has to learn to finish.
Kosorenkov is definitely a candidate for a contract.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You can see the hockey IQ and vision Patrick has. He didn't seem to have chemistry with his linemates. None of the lines really seemed to have it except the Vorobyev line.

Yeah I agree..which is totally understandable.

Having Gordon on the bench wont do anyone any favors either lol.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I guess that'll quench the Salinitri hype for a while, and did Laberge do anything? Sushko skated but didn't really make any plays.

Bunnyman has a knack of being in the right place but has to learn to finish.
Kosorenkov is definitely a candidate for a contract.

What salinitri hype?

And you realize finishing is bunny's number one skill right?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agree that Salinitri and Sushko are a long way away from being noteworthy prospects.

Korosenkov definitely deserves a contract.

Early on Twarynski surprised me. Hes a prospect ive never taken seriously but I saw some things I liked tonight.

I wanted to see more from Laberge and to a lesser extent, Rubstov.

Lets get the Preseason started!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Considering how ticked off I am at this preseason rookie game, it's going to be a long season for me. Blowing a 2-goal lead late in the third after going full-on prevent defense is disappointing. And I understand (as someone posted) that these are kids with no pro experience running around trying to figure out a system, but they seemingly were playing against kids in the same circumstance.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Lots of ups and downs from pretty much every player. Pretty much every one who played good the first 10 min was quiet at the end and vs versa

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What salinitri hype?

And you realize finishing is bunny's number one skill right?

Not tonight it wasn't, he had a number of chances but couldn't close the deal. Probably trying to hard to impress the FO.

While the Flyers have a lot of young talent, most of these guys should be sent back to their junior teams ASAP because they're just not ready for prime time. Ratcliffe looked lost most of the time, for example.

Rubtsov looked like he was trying to do too much. But certainly worth a longer look.

Twarynski might have looked good b/c he's less talented, in games like this, less is more, and at least he's smart enough to know his limitations.

Morin has to make the team, with him and Gudas, teams will start respecting our defense again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Considering how ticked off I am at this preseason rookie game, it's going to be a long season for me. Blowing a 2-goal lead late in the third after going full-on prevent defense is disappointing. And I understand (as someone posted) that these are kids with no pro experience running around trying to figure out a system, but they seemingly were playing against kids in the same circumstance.

Ehh its no big deal.

Losing Myers hurt the D though..the game tying goal was scored with Sanhiem tying up one man while that scrub DeHaas was lost.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Really the only players that weren't forgettable were Patrick, Lindbolm, Morin, Friedman, and honestly Bunnaman. Bunnaman didn't do much, but he showed he has a knack form being in the right spot at the right time.

Loved Myers physicality, but he and Sanheim were extremely underwhelming. Strome was just as slow as that 3rd period, and those two invitees (De Haas, Hora) should be packing their bags.

Twarynski looked good, played his game well, the Russian invitee (don't want to be disrespectful and spell his name wrong) should get a contract, Sushko underwhelmed as did most of the team. Rubstov did very well in the first, decent in the 2nd, and I didn't notice him in the 3rd. I'd say he did well.

Maybe I expected too much, but that was not a good game at the end. They looked tired an beat (besides Morin and Friedman)

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Not tonight it wasn't, he had a number of chances but couldn't close the deal. Probably trying to hard to impress the FO.

While the Flyers have a lot of young talent, most of these guys should be sent back to their junior teams ASAP because they're just not ready for prime time. Ratcliffe looked lost most of the time, for example.

Rubtsov looked like he was trying to do too much. But certainly worth a longer look.

Twarynski might have looked good b/c he's less talented, in games like this, less is more, and at least he's smart enough to know his limitations.

Morin has to make the team, with him and Gudas, teams will start respecting our defense again.

Dude, nothing new but you are so full of bs. Bunny couldn't score because he was trying to impress? What is the logic used to get there? More like sometimes you just don't score... There's really nothing else to it.

Ratcliffe didn't look lost at all, he did have some trouble handling the puck at times. He's got plenty to work on.

No kidding 75% of these guys have stuff to work on. That should have been known well before this game

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Really the only players that weren't forgettable were Patrick, Lindbolm, Morin, Friedman, and honestly Bunnaman. Bunnaman didn't do much, but he showed he has a knack form being in the right spot at the right time.

Loved Myers physicality, but he and Sanheim were extremely underwhelming. Strome was just as slow as that 3rd period, and those two invitees (De Haas, Hora) should be packing their bags.

Twarynski looked good, played his game well, the Russian invitee (don't want to be disrespectful and spell his name wrong) should get a contract, Sushko underwhelmed as did most of the team. Rubstov did very well in the first, decent in the 2nd, and I didn't notice him in the 3rd. I'd say he did well.

Maybe I expected too much, but that was not a good game at the end. They looked tired an beat (besides Morin and Friedman)

Vorobyev was awesome

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Dude," Bunnyman rushed at least one shot, that's often nerves.

A number of older players looked under control, others didn't, with the younger players you expect them to look a bit lost, except of course for Patrick, who made a couple mistakes but also looked like Provorov last year, like he was playing at a different level in terms of anticipation.

Vorobyev and Lindblom showed the advantage of playing in a man's league abroad, and Friedman showed the advantage of staying in school and growing up, they just were more under control than players like Sanheim and Myers who were trying to do too much. Which makes me wonder about the AHL. And why Kase may really take a step up with a season in the SHL.

And you can see why they didn't bother to play MV or Fazleev.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Ehh its no big deal.

Losing Myers hurt the D though..the game tying goal was scored with Sanhiem tying up one man while that scrub DeHaas was lost.

The logical part of my brain knows it's no big deal, but it's the knee-jerk Flyers-fan part that HATES seeing sloppy play and unconverted chances. I was dismayed by the absence of strong puck control and movement by Sanheim in the OT, where he should absolutely shine. I was grinding my teeth at the wave after wave of Islander zone entries in the third, without any push-back to speak of.

The fan part simply activates when a team of Flyers-shirt-wearing players go up against players not wearing Flyers shirts. I would probably get emotionally invested in the Puppy Bowl if one side were wearing orange and black.

That being spewed, I was pleased with Hart's work. He moved efficiently, tracked pucks well, and squared up shooters. He had zero chance on the second and third goals, and there are only so many 2-on-1's a team can give up in OT.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Salinitri overhyped?
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad