GDT: Wed Sep. 13: NYI at Flyers' rookie game, 7:00 pm ET; Final: 4-3 OT loss

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
BTW...a coworker of mine that works at the Wells Fargo Center said that the rookies didn't get to use the regular Flyers team locker room. They had to use I believe the visiting team's locker room for B-ball. Guess it's a message they have to earn their keep....

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
*gasp* Are you forgetting AHL Hall of Fame lock TJ Brennan?

Gordon's adopted son is DQed from the running for that title because he has a similar skin condietion to Hossa with his equipment, except it's playing defense that causes him to break out.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
BTW...a coworker of mine that works at the Wells Fargo Center said that the rookies didn't get to use the regular Flyers team locker room. They had to use I believe the visiting team's locker room for B-ball. Guess it's a message they have to earn their keep....

I like it. Hell, put them in the boiler room and flood it two feet for dramatic effect.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I must say though that it was really classy of the organization to host that rookie game gratis for the Flyer family. Despite the result on the scoreboard it was very meaningful on so many levels for the fans, players, organization and city. Why I will always be a fan...can't wait for some cup victories.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I must say though that it was really classy of the organization to host that rookie game gratis for the Flyer family. Despite the result on the scoreboard it was very meaningful on so many levels for the fans, players, organization and city. Why I will always be a fan...can't wait for some cup victories.

its got to have been a real treat for the players to..

playing in that building with 12K+ in attendance

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Guys - how are Vorobiev's faceoff skills looking?

He was obviously a standout last night and got recognized as such by multiple scribes. Vision and hockey sense seem to be attributes. The common belief is that he will start this season at the AHL level where I would assume he will work on other areas of his game including faceoffs. I am not sure if there has been much of a public assessment to date to judge all areas of a player's game.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Guys - how are Vorobiev's faceoff skills looking?

It was 1 game, and I'm not sure anyone was paying much attention to it. There was a lot happening. He certainly doesn't look awkward at the dot like Rubtsov for example, who is too "swing-y" and doesn't use his lower body enough.

Didn't Vorobyev do well at the dot in the WJC?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeh, when he plays guys his age Vorobyov has been a face-off monster for a while:

MHL %: 55.0% (72gp, 1131 FO)
WJC %: 61.4% (7gp, 70 FO)

In the KHL though he got bullied a bit on the draw:

43.7% (78gp, 565 FO)

But that is to be expected... most great NHL FO guys get ~55+% in jr and then start in NHL at age ~20-22 and put up ~45% or worse in first season.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/05/faceoffs-evaluating-trends/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad