GDT: Wed Sep. 13: NYI at Flyers' rookie game, 7:00 pm ET; Final: 4-3 OT loss

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Update posted elsewhere in this thread (refresh this page if necessary to see lineups):

We can have an active GDT for the game tomorrow. Lineups and other info can be posted by others as it is provided. A morning skate is scheduled for Wednesday.

Per Sam Carchidi's Twitter
It's finally official: #Flyers-Isles rookie game Wed. will be live-streamed on Flyers' website. Brian Smith and Bill Meltzer will broadcast.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...gan-frost-matt-strome-islanders-20170912.html

Yes, there is a lot of interest in the Flyers’ impressive group of prospects.

“I’m not too sure of the lineup, but I’ve been looking forward to this ever since draft day,†said Isaac Ratcliffe, a 6-foot-5, 205-pound left winger whom the Flyers selected in the second round (35th overall) in June. “It would be my first time throwing on the Flyers uniform, so I’m pretty excited for it.â€

At Tuesday’s session, Ratcliffe was on a line that had four players rotating and included center Morgan Frost and wingers Matt Strome and Maksim Sushko.

All are 18 years old, and all were selected in the first four rounds in June.

Hakstol is still putting together the lineup for the game, but he said Carter Hart and Alex Lyon will divide the goalie duties.

The Flyers’ lineup is expected to feature center Nolan Patrick, the No. 2 overall pick in June.

The defense should be headed by Sam Morin, Sanheim, and Phil Myers.

German Rubtsov, a center selected in the first round in 2016, Pascal Laberge (second round, 2016) and Nicolas Aube-Kubel (second round, 2014) are also expected to be in the lineup.

The fact there will be a packed house excites the players.

=====================

Based on practice in day two:

2) Forward line combinations on the second day were similar to Day 1. Defense pairings rotated frequently. One oddity is that, among the seven defensemen in Rookie Camp, four are righthanded shooters. The forward lines, which are likely to be close to the combos in Wednesday's Rookie Game at the Wells Fargo Center, were as follows:

GRAY: Connor Bunnaman - Nolan Patrick - Nicolas Aube-Kubel
ORANGE: Oskar Lindblom - German Rubtsov - Pascal Laberge
YELLOW: Isaac Ratcliffe - Morgan Frost - Matthew Strome/ Maksim Sushko
BLUE: Anthony Salinitri - Mikhail Vorobyev - Ivan Kosorenkov
GREEN: Carsen Twarynski - Mike Vecchione - Radel Fazleev

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Rookie-Camp-Day-2-Notebook/45/87329

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I this game just played on the site for fans in the Philly area or everywhere?

In the past it has been available to anyone who can properly access the Flyers' official website on NHL.com. As I stated in another thread, there were flaws in a prior similar broadcast which easily frustrated; barring that tumult, it should be a go.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bill Meltzer on the call? Good luck, Bill. Should be interesting.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Broadcast?

giphy.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We have a rep that works out of our office off and on. She comes in my office and asks me to pick her players for company hockey pool. It is picking players from boxes and she tells me her only player she has to have is Nolan as she has known him since he was a kid and is good friends with the family. Was quite stoked

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Did we sign Korosenkov, or is he on like a tryout for camp? I'm assuming the latter, but want to be sure - I have been out of the loop since just after the draft.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am sure u Will u be watching the bunny man today right? :nod:

It kind of depends how early I can wake up - I can just about watch the whole thing before I go into work, if the time difference between here and there is ... however many hours would put the game on at 6 a.m. my time. I'll be honest, I'm more or less completely adrift in the space time continuum - I never have any idea what time it is or what the hell is going on :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad