OT: Weather

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It’s suppose to be the safety middle eastern country, just don’t go near the borders of Syria and Iraq. My girlfriend and I have done a lot of travelling to countries that are t the safest, get all that travel out and then do the resort scene when we are older

Sounds like a great trip.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Need to see all the historical sites before they decide to blow everything up

True. I’ve seen a few in Turkey that’s as far to the Middle East I’ve been. Not sure we will get there now. Maybe Egypt. Would like to see the pyramids and some of that history but not sure we will get there.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It’s suppose to be the safety middle eastern country, just don’t go near the borders of Syria and Iraq. My girlfriend and I have done a lot of travelling to countries that are t the safest, get all that travel out and then do the resort scene when we are older

Let's hope you get to live to that privilege of being older.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Peer-reviewed... Too funny! Most of this global warming BS is just fudged data manipulated to give the desired result. And then peer-reviewed by trained seals angling for more of that very same sweet, sweet research moolah.
Oops. Now you’ve done it. Frank takes his peer reviewed science periodicals very seriously.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Its all cool. Lets name call and insult.

Shouldl I now call you an alarmist.
Is that the game?

Go play by yourself.
Well, you are basically calling it a grand conspiracy. And curious that you were seemingly incapable of answering the questions I posed. Maybe cause you don't like the answers? Just curious.
Because yeah, the overwhelming number of scientists around the world are colluding on one giant scam.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Just because you refuse to believe it doesnt mean its fabricated.

Yes, I do refuse to believe you. When a professor who has tenure gets fired in Canada, it's a big deal. So it's not that hard to disconfirm your friend story.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Legal action has been taken against 183 people as per the NSW police reporting.
Thats a fact.

Do some digging, man. Most of the legal actions have been for carelessly littering and failure to comply with a total fire ban:

Of the 183 people who face legal action in NSW, only 24 (representing 13 per cent of the total) were charged with deliberately lighting bushfires.
A further 53 people (29 per cent of the total) faced charges or a caution for failing to comply with a total fire ban; 47 (26 per cent) faced charges or were cautioned for throwing away a lit cigarette or match on land.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well, you are basically calling it a grand conspiracy. And curious that you were seemingly incapable of answering the questions I posed. Maybe cause you don't like the answers? Just curious.
Because yeah, the overwhelming number of scientists around the world are colluding on one giant scam.

Listen...I posted what I have come to know. Thats it.

As I said you can call me names if you want...thats up to you.

Try and prove yourself wrong...see what happens.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So wait, according to two posters it was wrong for me to bring up fossil fuel usage in the Edmonton weather thread during a -40 cold snap and that there was a level 2 emergency in energy supply complete with energy conservation advisory and that there could be a blackout. It was speciously stated to be wrong for people to discuss that in an Edmonton Weather thread..

But Frank and others, same day after calling out others on discussion, IN THIS THREAD are having a full blown discussion on cough, fires in Australia, and Enviro accepted scientific credentials which have nothing at all to do with this thread or topic.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Do some digging, man. Most of the legal actions have been for littering and failure to comply with a total fire ban:

Some of those people were charged for negligence...throwing out cigarettes....recklessly burning campfires when they should not have been.
I never said all of them were purposely starting fires.

So if you think that this reporting is irrelevant then do tell....how many people do you think it takes to initiate something that ultimately becomes a disaster?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So wait, it was wrong for me to bring up fossil fuel usage in the Edmonton weather thread during a -40 cold snap and that there was a level 2 emergency in energy supply. But Frank and others, same day after calling out others on discussion are having a flown blown discussion on cough, fires in Australia, which have **** all to do with this thread or topic.

jebus, I guess it was more important to try to tell others what they should or shouldn't post.

The conditions were ripe and you threw the match. It spread quickly to a few posts on page 8, and now here we are. :D

Reactions: Daryls Nose

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Listen...I posted what I have come to know. Thats it.

As I said you can call me names if you want...thats up to you.

Try and prove yourself wrong...see what happens.
Your misdirecting. I didn't call you any names. And you still have not answered any of the questions I posed.For some reason
And yes. Ive looked into climate change. And I prefer to listen to the vast majority of climate scientists.
But then again, I believe in the moon landing as opposed to a few of my friends. Far too many people to be in on that conspiracy.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Maybe he knows Tim Ball? Western Canadian university, climate scientist, controversial, old enough to have a grand daughter doesn't leave many options (that's just a guess though). If so, I'll hold my thoughts on that situation.

Wasn't fired. And he retired in 96. But I suppose that's probably him.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Some of those people were charged for negligence...throwing out cigarettes....recklessly burning campfires when they should not have been.
I never said all of them were purposely starting fires.

So if you think that this reporting is irrelevant then do tell....how many people do you think it takes to initiate something that ultimately becomes a disaster?
It appears arsonists are responsible for less than 1% of the damage. Let's see what the final numbers say; nonetheless, I agree that it's still 1% too much.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The conditions were ripe and you threw the match. It spread quickly to a few posts on page 8, and now here we are. :D

There was nothing at all wrong with my posts in the thread, they were citing information and given advisory, in a weather thread. Which was quite clear. You've gone more OT in the thread ironically after advising others NOT to.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
So like, did the city of Edmonton run out of sand?

The roads are downright scary right now.
How did Edmonton's CaCl2 experiment end up? I understand that it deliquescing is an exothermic process and has a greater colligative properties than NaCl/KCl; nonetheless, double the chlorine significantly enhances corrosion and it still doesn't work effectively at the current temps.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
There was nothing at all wrong with my posts in the thread, they were citing information and given advisory, in a weather thread. Which was quite clear. You've gone more OT in the thread ironically after advising others NOT to.
I'm just citing information too. I did not start the discussion down the arson track for Australia's current bush fire crisis.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes, I do refuse to believe you. When a professor who has tenure gets fired in Canada, it's a big deal. So it's not that hard to disconfirm your friend story.

You are wrong and I am not going to post the name just for you.
Do some research or choose to believe what you want.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

One does not simply post an off-topic David Staples article on HFBoards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad