OT: Weather

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting observation.

As I mentioned earlier, I just moved to North Carolina for work. Even though we've got some mild cold here, there's no snow. Had +20 last week but 0 today, and 0 here already feels like -40 back home.

I thought that I'd miss the snowy aesthetic around Christmastime. But oddly enough, I didn't. No black ice...no blizzard crippling the Yellowhead, Whitemud and Henday...no plugging in the car...and better yet, no brutally dried out hands either.

The one downside though is missing Oilers games in October and Eskimos football in summer. Already got tickets to see the boys in Raleigh for Feb. 16.

I'm died in the wool Albertan and probably never leaving. Thought about it but still the best standard of living here and you can't beat it. Plus I love the mountains and all Western Canada has to offer.

That said I've spent Christmas times in lower mainland and like it. But when it snows there its worse than here, by several magnitude, when it comes to *driving conditions*

None of us live on the rock though so we're all good. They're wondering where to put all the snow over there. My lord, imagine if you lost a bottle of rum in all that snow. You'd never find it again or die trying.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Sorry folks, we are not doing a climate change debate here.

giphy.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm died in the wool Albertan and probably never leaving. Thought about it but still the best standard of living here and you can't beat it. Plus I love the mountains and all Western Canada has to offer.

That said I've spent Christmas times in lower mainland and like it. But when it snows there its worse than here, by several magnitude, when it comes to *driving conditions*

None of us live on the rock though so we're all good. They're wondering where to put all the snow over there. My lord, imagine if you lost a bottle of rum in all that snow. You'd never find it again or die trying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad