We have the Cap room!! 2019-20 UFA Targets??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
here is an idea that i have been playing with.... with the way Keith been playing, meaning he is not the player he use to be.... but i still see him as a viable middle pairing d-man.

now the look at the 2019 fa list, as someone posted earlier in the week, there is no help there for the team, so a trade is necessary. LA Kings is really in need to get rid of salary. even with the increase, they still need to maybe move 1 or even maybe 2 players. well in the sports links, it has been mention that the Kings are looking to rid themselves of either Jake Muzzin LHD or Alec Martinez RHD. why not go a calling and offer salary relief trade. both player can be a temporary fix until the young d-men are ready to step in.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I completely agree on disregarding almost everything any GM or athlete says. My comments weren't regarding the interview as I haven't listen and don't know what was said.

My comment was just a general statement regarding the general sentiment of this board. Perhaps I shouldn't have quoted BK. I do think most people on here give Stan a pass regarding the Seabs deal, without acknowledging that there's some gray area there for sure. You and BK are acknowledging that it's something we will never know for sure, but I think there's a lot on here that take it as gospel. I think the blaming Q for the signing of Manning was a similar thing.

I don't think a single person on here gives Stan a pass for the Seabs signing. That contract was terrible before the ink ever dried, and 99.9% of this board agrees about that. That said...

Doesn't McDouche have proven history of meddling with the Cubs when it came to the roster/personnel decisions? Or am I mistaken? Because if that's the case, it's not far-fetched to think he would try to do the same with the Hawks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coyotes fan, here. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Rutta in the past. Wish we could’ve expanded that Schmaltz/Strome/Perlini deal a bit more. I know Rutta is struggling this season and Hawks fans aren’t happy with him. I wonder if you think Chicago might be interested in a Rutta for Kevin Connauton swap?

KConn had 10 goals last year and a has a smaller cap hit that Rutta. Both guys could use a change.

With Demers in the LTIR and not likely to return this season, Arizona could use what Rutta brings (when he’s on his game) more so than what Connauton brings (when he’s on his game).

Thoughts?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Coyotes fan, here. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Rutta in the past. Wish we could’ve expanded that Schmaltz/Strome/Perlini deal a bit more. I know Rutta is struggling this season and Hawks fans aren’t happy with him. I wonder if you think Chicago might be interested in a Rutta for Kevin Connauton swap?

KConn had 10 goals last year and a has a smaller cap hit that Rutta. Both guys could use a change.

With Demers in the LTIR and not likely to return this season, Arizona could use what Rutta brings (when he’s on his game) more so than what Connauton brings (when he’s on his game).

Thoughts?

What does Connauton bring?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Thoughts?

I’d rather have a pick for Rutta, what round would you offer?

Reactions: ColdSteel2

rt

May 13, 2004
What does Cannauton bring?
When he’s on his game, he’s a good puck mover (skating and passing) with a great shot that can score goals (had 11 5v5 goals last season). He’s a big sturdy guy that doesn’t get pushed around. He’s got a reputation as good in the room.

When he’s off his game he’s very invisible until he makes a mistake. He’s a combination of non-factor and net-negative if he’s out of sync.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don’t think we have the room in our budget for that.

How about a cap dump, maybe Panik, and a 2nd for Rutta and a 3rd?

EDIT: 2020 3rd, you have ours this year.

Plus we can retain 50%, making him basically a minimum salary player if you want to keep Panik.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Plus we can retain 50%, making him basically a minimum salary player if you want to keep Panik.
say no to Panik, lets stop going back to get back old Bhawks players.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don’t think we have the room in our budget for that.

The Yotes don't have the budget for a $2m D who is on a 1 year contract that comes off the books at the end of this season? Below is their cap info from CapFriendly. I find that hard to believe...
I don't want Connauton anyways. This team has enough 5/6/7 D types. Pick, or nada, IMO.

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $7,468,281

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $11,293,498

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Yeah, I just want to move up in the draft. I don’t want Panik either. We should do deals like this where we retain on an expiring contract to get better picks.

rt

May 13, 2004
The Yotes don't have the budget for a $2m D who is on a 1 year contract that comes off the books at the end of this season? Below is their cap info from CapFriendly. I find that hard to believe...
I don't want Connauton anyways. This team has enough 5/6/7 D types. Pick, or nada, IMO.

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $7,468,281

CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
: $11,293,498
Budget not cap. Very different things. The Coyotes are extremely cash poor. So no, I don’t believe they can fit two million real dollars within their budget. I suspect all deals need to be very close to even money. Even with Kevin Connauton’s 1.25m in real-dollars going for Jan Rutta’s 2.25m in real-dollars, the Coyotes would likely need to reassign a spare forward on a two-way contract. Or at the very least, wait until the insurance money comes in on the Demers LTIR.

The Coyotes exist in a very different reality. Haha.

Reactions: AmericanDream

rt

May 13, 2004

Our winger depth was abysmal before Grabner got his eyeball destroyed, now the lack of depth on wing is downright shocking. Panik for all his faults is on pace for 17g and doesn’t get pushed around. So at this point, I’d just hang onto Panik unless there’s a winger coming back who’s at least as effective.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Budget not cap. Very different things. The Coyotes are extremely cash poor. So no, I don’t believe they can fit two million real dollars within their budget. I suspect all deals need to be very close to even money. Even with Kevin Connauton’s 1.25m in real-dollars going for Jan Rutta’s 2.25m in real-dollars, the Coyotes would likely need to reassign a spare forward on a two-way contract. Or at the very least, wait until the insurance money comes in on the Demers LTIR.

The Coyotes exist in a very different reality. Haha.

Makes more sense. :laugh:

I still don't really think the Hawks need another 5/6/7 D type. They're already likely looking to move 1-2 of those types before the deadline this season, and not add one back. Murphy is back soon, and that will mean at least two Connauton type of D will be healthy scratches on a nightly basis. It's just not a good fit with the Hawks, IMO. They would want a cheap forward coming back, or a prospect/pick, IMO.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Our winger depth was abysmal before Grabner got his eyeball destroyed, now the lack of depth on wing is downright shocking. Panik for all his faults is on pace for 17g and doesn’t get pushed around. So at this point, I’d just hang onto Panik unless there’s a winger coming back who’s at least as effective.

I hear you. Didn’t know about Grabner, that sucks. I just saw it, yikes, that’s bad.

Yeah, feel free to look at our expiring UFAs and see if there is anything you like @ 50% retained for picks. I think there is a deal to be made here with the Hawks’ financial resources.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Nobody is suggesting the Hawks acquire Panik for the sake of getting back old Blackhawks (or Bhawks as you weirdly abbreviate it) players.

Learn how to read and stop trying to derail conversations.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I hear you. Didn’t know about Grabner, that sucks. I just saw it, yikes, that’s bad.

Yeah, feel free to look at our expiring UFAs and see if there is anything you like @ 50% retained for picks. I think there is a deal to be made here with the Hawks’ financial resources.

Ya, Hawks could definitely retain 50% on Rutta in exchange for a pick.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

my main problem with ARz is while they are some good contracts that can be used to trade with the Bhawks, the players with a high contract also can produce in points. with that i really doubt that they would be willing to deal going out....

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
my main problem with ARz is while they are some good contracts that can be used to trade with the Bhawks, the players with a high contract also can produce in points. with that i really doubt that they would be willing to deal going out....

1. You make no f***ing sense
2. Did you even read and try to understand what’s being discussed?
3. ITS NOT ABOUT ANY OF ARIZONA’S PLAYERS, IT’S ONLY ABOUT GETTING ONE OF THEIR PICKS

Reactions: bwana63

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad