We have the 9th overall right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
McDavid has 16 more points at the same amount of games played than Crosby in his draft year. Let's not forget McD plays in the O as well instead of the Q. The Q was even weaker back then too.

McD is going to win many scoring titles. Not gonna be surprised if he's the consensus best player in the league by 2017.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
will not be surprised if we end up with the 12th pick and miss playoffs by a couple pts.

also, we have a game in hand on everyone

i am buckled up

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
We were never going to end up with one of Marner or Stome.

Even if we somehow manage to squeak into the playoffs, good players could fall to us.

1-McDavid
2-Eichel
3-Hannifin
4-Marner
5-Strome
6-Werenski
7-Provorov
8-Crouse
9-Rantanen
10-Kylington
11-Barzal
12-Zacha
13-Konecny
14-Meier
15-Svechnikov, Roy, Zboril, etc

We're going to end up with one of these players, and there's always good players that drop for whatever reason.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
......jebus. 6 point night for McDavid. He is blowing Crosby out of the water for draft year stats.

Crosby 210pts in 80 games. (2.63 ppg). Or 168 in 62 regular season games. (2.71 ppg).

McDavid 98 pts in 37 games. (2.65 ppg).

Crosby also averaged over a goal per game... McDavid is not doing that.

How exactly is McDavid blowing Crosby "out of the water?".

He is having an amazing season but he needs to add to it to equal Crosby... He is by no possible stretch of reality having a better year then Crosby did right now.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Crosby 210pts in 80 games. (2.63 ppg). Or 168 in 62 regular season games. (2.71 ppg).

He is having an amazing season but he needs to add to it to equal Crosby... He is by no possible stretch of reality having a better year then Crosby did right now.

Crosby played in a dog **** league called the QMJHL. He put up insane numbers and there's no question his talent is generational. But he played against a bunch of chumps. That's not in question.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If we make the playoffs and win the cup we'll be drafting 30th. Are there any good players left at that spot? If not we should probably hold off and win the cup in a couple of years instead.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Okay. But at the same game marks in their draft years. Mcdavid has 16 more points. That a significant amount of points.

And it was the Q. I honestly have trouble sitting through an entire game in that league.

It's crazy how we talk about how good the top 15 is in this draft. But mcdavid is like a massive cut above everyone else we talk about.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Crosby played in a dog **** league called the QMJHL. He put up insane numbers and there's no question his talent is generational. But he played against a bunch of chumps. That's not in question.

Saying that makes you look really Stupid. Quebec League is not what it was in the 70's and 80's.

Let's go back to Chicken Swedes and hating Russians... Errrr Soviets because they are Commie's.

Where is my latest VHS of Rock'em Sock'em hockey? Why is Cam Neely in a luxury box and not pounding on Chris Chelios in a Habs jersey? What's with his grey hair?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Okay. But at the same game marks in their draft years. Mcdavid has 16 more points. That a significant amount of points.

And it was the Q. I honestly have trouble sitting through an entire game in that league.

It's crazy how we talk about how good the top 15 is in this draft. But mcdavid is like a massive cut above everyone else we talk about.

Ok so then we know that AFTER game 37 Crosby scored at like 3 PPG the last half of the season? How does that make McDavid statistically better then Crosby?

I mean who cares about McDavid vs Crosby.... I just hate hyperbole and The slaughter of history. Especially very recent history. Seems stupid to me.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
McDavid has 16 more points at the same amount of games played than Crosby in his draft year. Let's not forget McD plays in the O as well instead of the Q. The Q was even weaker back then too.

McD is going to win many scoring titles. Not gonna be surprised if he's the consensus best player in the league by 2017.

Crosby had 52 more points than the 2nd highest scorer in the Q, in less games.

McDavid may not even lead the OHL in scoring (due to games played), but he certainly won't be ahead by 52 points.

Last edited:

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Crosby had 52 more points than the 2nd highest scorer in the Q, in less games.

McDavid may not even lead the OHL in scoring (due to games played), but he certainly won't be ahead by 52 points.

And his pace would have been?

180 vs 141pts in a tougher league IMO

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Saying that makes you look really Stupid. Quebec League is not what it was in the 70's and 80's.

Let's go back to Chicken Swedes and hating Russians... Errrr Soviets because they are Commie's.

Where is my latest VHS of Rock'em Sock'em hockey? Why is Cam Neely in a luxury box and not pounding on Chris Chelios in a Habs jersey? What's with his grey hair?

Not as stupid as what you just posted.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
The math and logic in here is frightening.

Crosby's last year in the Q where he notched 168pts in 68 games, there were only 3 other players that broke the 100 point barrier. 2 of those players were his linemates.

His PPG was a full point higher than anyone else in the league.

This was also the year the NHL was locked out, so there were a few guys left in junior who should have been playing pro. The Q was not some goal scoring mecca with miniature defencemen and sieve like goalies.

There could be ten 100 point scorers in the OHL this year and McDavid may not even win the scoring title. He's still awesome, but he's simply comparable to Crosby and nowhere near blowing him out of the water. Personally I think Crosby will end up being the better of the two after their careers are over.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The math and logic in here is frightening.

Crosby's last year in the Q where he notched 168pts in 68 games, there were only 3 other players that broke the 100 point barrier. 2 of those players were his linemates.

His PPG was a full point higher than anyone else in the league.

This was also the year the NHL was locked out, so there were a few guys left in junior who should have been playing pro. The Q was not some goal scoring mecca with miniature defencemen and sieve like goalies.

There could be ten 100 point scorers in the OHL this year and McDavid may not even win the scoring title. He's still awesome, but he's simply comparable to Crosby and nowhere near blowing him out of the water. Personally I think Crosby will end up being the better of the two after their careers are over.

I think it depends where Conner ends up if its Toronto that could be the worse possible market for him and could hurt his hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad