We have the 9th overall right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, I ain't even mad, but I don't really care anymore either. Tank away boys.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
i think were set for a big bounce back next year. We wont make the playoffs but i like how the team looks and were going to score a great player with the pick.

Xamar*

The lower the better, it is for "For The Greater Good" as Dumbledore and Grindelwald put it.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Good, we weren't going anywhere this season anyway. Draft a great player, make a couple of trades and we could be ready to make a push in 2-4 years.

Othello*

I wonder if people still think we're going to make the playoffs

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Make a trade for Evander Kane, embrace the tank for this year

Come back next year with Kane and hopefully a McEichel

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sweet, lets not bump it up, Im tired of finishing in the middle tier, season, after season. We need to get out of this mediocracy.

edit.
Anderson can easily **** this up..... again.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Kane is super talented yes, but if he hates Winnipeg, I can't imagine Ottawa would be much different for him.
I would think if he liked the guys on the team that he wouldn't hate the Peg so much. He his pretty much one of the best players on that team where if he came to Ottawa he would be behind Karlsson, Ryan, Anderson, Turris and Methot. The structure would help guide him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Kane is super talented yes, but if he hates Winnipeg, I can't imagine Ottawa would be much different for him.

It's a big gamble for sure

On the flip side Winnipeg is super racist (not everyone from Winnipeg is but it's one of the more openly racists places I've been to in Canada) while Ottawa is the second best multicultural city in Canada I'd argue (Toronto being the obvious first)

But he fits the bill of what we need, Winnipeg wants help now so they aren't likely to be interested in picks which we would rather keep and Kane is still signed for another 3 years

Also you have to think that Kane has to grow up as well, maybe this will humble him a little and if we give him a shot at redemption he might be grateful, like Ryan was grateful for us bringing him to be the go-to guy which he wanted to be but couldn't when stuck behind Getzlaf and Perry

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Puempel-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-McDavid-Lazar
whoever-Pageau-Condra

Yes.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
sigh.....it would be so nice if we could win some more games and get a great draft pick.

Losing feels so awful....but I want a high end pick, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad