GDT: WDSF Game 4: Golden Knights @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's not how it works, and you should know better.
Yeah, I know the actual rules. If you want to complain that the officials are incredibly inconsistent, and that they have allowed worse goals to count than that, then that's a perfectly logical argument. If you're arguing that that was a good goal by the rules, then you clearly don't know the rule.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Checking in from the game.

- Fans booed the Mayor.

- I’d say the atmosphere wasn’t as good to open the game and has since gotten better and better. I am noticing they are playing a bit of fake crowd noise (more of the ambient kind).

- Most time outs and breaks have been spent booing the officials.

- I think this team came out like they did in Game 3 with hitting and intensity and if they can keep it up before Vegas gets another they can take the momentum and win this game.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, I know the actual rules. If you want to complain that the officials are incredibly inconsistent, and that they have allowed worse goals to count than that, then that's a perfectly logical argument. If you're arguing that that was a good goal by the rules, then you clearly don't know the rule.

Clearly you don't, because you asked me to show how a goal is allowed in the rules. Then again, it does tie nicely into your typical agenda of unnecessarily argumentative discussion.

But, much like with any other matters, we can either waste this break having what you would probably call a "discussion", or you could just admit that it was a good goal and we move on. Either way, I'm not interested, so go bother someone else who said the same thing I did.

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure seems that every call has gone against us. Disturbing. Bright side is the refs are helping keep the AAV down on JEE's next contract.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Goaltender Interference Rules

1) You can't just be up there and just doin' an interference like that.
1a. Goaltender Interference is when you
1b. Okay well listen. Goaltender Interference is when you interfere the
1c. Let me start over
1c-a. The skater is not allowed to do a thing to the, uh, goaltender, that prohibits the goaltender from doing, you know, just trying to save the puck. You can't do that.
1c-b. Once the goaltender is in the set, the skater can't be over here and say to the goaltender, like, "I'm gonna hit ya! I'm gonna tip the puck! You better watch your butt!" and then just be like he didn't even do that.
1c-b(1). Like, if you're about to contact him and then don't contact him, you have to still not contact him. You cannot not make the save. Does that make any sense?
1c-b(2). You gotta be, saving the loose puck, and then, until you just save it.
1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the skater up here, like this, but then there's the interference you gotta think about.
1c-b(2)-b. Sean Avery hasn't been in any movies in forever. I hope he wasn't typecast as that douchebag hockey player in New York.
1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, he was in Detroit too! That would be even worse.
1c-b(2)-b(ii). "I just want to comment on how it's become a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds." Ha ha, Sean Avery, what an asshole...
1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A goaltender interference is when the skater makes a contact that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the puck and field of
2) Do not do a goaltender interference please.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just watched replay of NYI game where non puck carrier was WAY into the crease. Are the refs saying that Foligno contacted Fleury? Because I saw nothing that would overturn a goal, or prevent him from making a save. It's almost like they are saying that he can't screen the goalie.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just watched replay of NYI game where non puck carrier was WAY into the crease. Are the refs saying that Foligno contacted Fleury? Because I saw nothing that would overturn a goal, or prevent him from making a save. It's almost like they are saying that he can't screen the goalie.
Foligno can't be in the crease if any contact is made.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Apparently the Vegas brigade's argument is that, because Foligno's left skate was (sideways) about an inch into the crease while he stands outside of it, the fact that Fleury skated against the right side of Foligno is goaltender interference.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Man..... That goaltender interference call is rough. I've been digesting it since it happened. Look... By the strictest definition, is it GI? Maybe is the best answer I can come up with. Yes, 2" of folignos skate was in the blue paint, so.... Yeah maybe it was interference. But if you can honestly argue that those 2" interfered with MAF making that save, I'm gonna just laugh in your face. Oh well... Tough to swallow.

Also... If NBC slobs on Stones knob any harder than they have been, they are going to want to start an onlyfans account.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Apparently the Vegas brigade's argument is that, because Foligno's left skate was (sideways) about an inch into the crease while he stands outside of it, the fact that Fleury skated against the right side of Foligno is goaltender interference.

correct

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

That's... just standard crease play? Hell, Vegas have gotten away with much worse all series, even outside of the crease. I suppose the ref was like "Oh huh he cross-checked him so hard he broke his stick, I must make the call" which I... kinda understand, really, considering they don't have the benefit of multiple angles when making a call on the fly. Still, sot as hell.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

His foot is actually outside of the crease when the shot comes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad