GDT: WDSF Game 4: Golden Knights @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They haven't been tried together in months. Fiala is playing much better than when they were last tried together.

How about Boldy?
You really think Boldy was Evason's decision? Come on now. Playing Fiala and Kaprizov together means Vegas only has to defend 1 line. Also, Evason has played them together multiple times this series coming out of PK's and in other situations.

Like I said, I'm not an Evason fan, but I don't see him being the cause of any of the major problems.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m beginning to think it’s not just a coincidence that goalies are lights out against us in the playoffs.
I wouldn't say he was lights out, he hardly needed to show up today actually.

His most memorable play was getting the goal overturned. After that, he just was... there.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Boldy should start next game alongside one of Kap, Zucc, or Fiala. I can’t believe they went with Rau over him for this one.

Boldy - Sturm - Fiala
Zucc - Hartman - Kap
Foligno - Ek - Greenway
Parise - Bonino - Bjugstad/Rask

Tired of seeing Rask in an important position when he’s a completely useless player.

I wouldn't say he was lights out, he hardly needed to show up today actually.

His most memorable play was getting the goal overturned. After that, he just was... there.

That’s kind of what I was getting at. This team hasn’t been dangerous whatsoever offensively.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You really think Boldy was Evason's decision? Come on now. Playing Fiala and Kaprizov together means Vegas only has to defend 1 line. Also, Evason has played them together multiple times this series coming out of PK's and in other situations.

Like I said, I'm not an Evason fan, but I don't see him being the cause of any of the major problems.
No, because the Ek line is the only line doing anything at all anyway.

Continuing to bang your head against the same wall over and over doesn't make sense.

We need to get a second line going to have any chance at all at this point.

If Evason isn't trusted by his GM to make a lineup decision, then again, need a coach who can be trusted.

If Billy is the one holding Boldy out, then I think we need both a new GM and coach.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Continuing to bang your head against the same wall over and over doesn't make sense.

If Evason isn't trusted by his GM to make a lineup decision, then again, need a coach who can be trusted.

If Billy is the one holding Boldy out, then I think we need both a new GM and coach.
Just doesn't make sense. If BG was responsible for it, then why did he even bother making him available for the postseason?

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Why didn't Boldy, Duhaime, Dewar, Adisson play any games at the end of the regular season? Because, I know who would make those decisions

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's why I find it hard to believe that it was BG.
You really think that Guerin said " maybe we should give a guy like Boldy a look in these last handful of meaningless games?" and Evason told him to kick rocks?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why didn't Boldy, Duhaime, Dewar, Adisson play any games at the end of the regular season? Because, I know who would make those decisions
It's one thing when they're not available to the coach by not being called up. It's completely different when they are up and available but the coach isn't putting them in.
You really think that Guerin said " maybe we should give a guy like Boldy a look in these last handful of meaningless games?" and Evason told him to kick rocks?
see above.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's one think l thing when they're not available to the coach by not being called up. It's completely different when they are up and available but the coach isn't putting them in.
Evason probably has never seen Matt Boldy play

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
You can bitch and moan all you want about what happened in the regular season but the least you could do is stay on topic. We're talking about the playoffs.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You can bitch and moan all you want about what happened in the regular season but the least you could do is stay on topic. We're talking about the playoffs.
Ok. So now the assumption is that Guerin didn't want to play Boldy in any of the meaningless games to end the regular season, but now he wants him to play in the playoffs, but Evason is saying no? Is that seriously the thought process on this?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok. So now the assumption is that Guerin didn't want to play Boldy in any of the meaningless games to end the regular season, but now he wants him to play in the playoffs, but Evason is saying no? Is that seriously the thought process on this?
The thought process is, Boldy is as available to put in the lineup as Rau is, yet Rau was put into the lineup.

If that's BG's decision, he should be fired, but I feel if that was his decision, he'd never had made him available to begin with, thus I believe right now, it's on Evason.

Reactions: Minnesnota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->