WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Some Sharks fans already throwing in the towel. Good.

It's amusing that they justify Torres' actions. GFK.

Shouldn't throw in the towel yet. We just lost one of our most effective, if not THEE most effective center on this team, along with Richards. His presence is sorely going to be missed. I'm hoping Lewis can step in, but he and Stoll were just so good together I have a feeling he's going to miss him....

I'm also glad to hear that it looks as though the league is going to throw the book at him....

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Frasers response says it all.

"Stoll's head is the principle point of contact and the subsequent contact to Stoll's right shoulder is secondary"

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
Really concerned about our C depth now, especially considered that's where SJ's strength lies. Kopi is still not moving around well and now Stoll might be out for the series. We might have to play through without two of our most stabilizing presences, Kopi puck possession skills and the 3rd lines productivity.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
28 minutes ago
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Sutter hinted center Brad Richardson probably checks back into lineup with Stoll out although said they have options

Torres..**** off. Should of punched him out when he played here in Hamilton (AHL) for the Bulldogs about 10 years ago. Actually met him and chatted with him for a bit. Damn, missed opportunity!

Captain Mittens*

Stoll is day to day according to Elliott Teaford on Twitter.

Greene and Clifford are day to day as well. It means nothing. No coach is going to disclose anything of substance, especially Sutter

Captain Mittens*

Really concerned about our C depth now, especially considered that's where SJ's strength lies. Kopi is still not moving around well and now Stoll might be out for the series. We might have to play through without two of our most stabilizing presences, Kopi puck possession skills and the 3rd lines productivity.

Don't underestimate Trevor Lewis in the playoffs.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I like how some Sharks' fans are calling out Penner for his hit on Wingles. Penner didn't even come close to Wingles' head.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
This is the way I see the Torres hit coming into play on the hearing.
Is it a suspendable play if so go to column 2.
Are you a repeat offender then add time and go to column 3.
Is your name Torres or Cooke then add more time and we have our game total.
If they say he should be suspended then it will be for the rest of this series minimum.

Ron*

I like how some Sharks' fans are calling out Penner for his hit on Wingles. Penner didn't even come close to Wingles' head.

That is what is discouraging about these boards. Most fans here can't get past their team's colors. If Torres was a King and he nailed Couture in the same fashion, they would setting up a noose for him in downtown San Jose.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
28 minutes ago
Real_ESPNLeBrun: Sutter hinted center Brad Richardson probably checks back into lineup with Stoll out although said they have options

Torres..**** off. Should of punched him out when he played here in Hamilton (AHL) for the Bulldogs about 10 years ago. Actually met him and chatted with him for a bit. Damn, missed opportunity!

Kings are gonna miss Stoll BIG time, especially for face offs and pks. :cry:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
TorresSeesYou.gif

Rafiki.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
These forwards are going to have to do it on the PK:

Kopitar
Richards
Carter
Brown
Lewis

with the first three taking most of the draws.

BTW, I have to say that I was very impressed with Toffoli last night. The kid got some touches, put some shots on net, and backchecked well.

bobafettish*

sucks that stoll is out. time for somebody step up.

sharks board complaining about reffing. get real. :laugh:

dogyekcoh*

Muzzin looks decent yesterday. Perhaps the Sharks are not aggresive as the Blues, but I have to give credit to DS and the kid for learning it after that brief benching. His game has been simplified and he looks more comfortable out there. Keep it up Muzzin!

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
sucks that stoll is out. time for somebody step up.

sharks board complaining about reffing. get real. :laugh:
Apparently we're not allowed to get upset about injuries anymore because we have Brown on our team. And as we all know, only Hitler has caused more destruction and death than Brown. :laugh:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
What if Stoll made a hit like that on a Sharks player? Pretty sure everyone would be asking for his head.

I'm surprised it took them this long to bring up Brown.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Muzzin looks decent yesterday. Perhaps the Sharks are not aggresive as the Blues, but I have to give credit to DS and the kid for learning it after that brief benching. His game has been simplified and he looks more comfortable out there. Keep it up Muzzin!

Although The Muzz had some horrible giveaways in literally each of the Blues games, long term the Blues relentless forecheck may be just what The Muzz needed to help simplify his game.

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad