WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
You are clearly different, Dingo. You have freedom, obviously. :)

Seriously, the amount of emotion on the main board that is vented cured me of going there long ago.
The main board is like downtown: busy as hell, but not a whole lot to really see. I prefer to stay out here in the 'burbs where the crime rate is lower and the schools are better.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I like how some Sharks' fans are calling out Penner for his hit on Wingles. Penner didn't even come close to Wingles' head.
The same poor souls are constantly begging for a clip/gif but nobody cares because it wasnt even close to the Torres hit. Most Sharks fans dont even care either.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Concerning all the hatred we're getting this year, I notice that we haven't really gotten any requests for bandwagon avatars. I remember making a lot of them last year when we were the underdog, but this year? nothing. And that's with 22 teams out of contention at this point. Is this what if feels like to be a fan of a truly great team?

Well, if you notice, it's very Laker's-like--all of our usual suspects (PHX, etc) were sporting Blues avys last round; now they've been joined by VAN, ANA, etc. in wearing SJ avy's this round :laugh:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Well, if you notice, it's very Laker's-like--all of our usual suspects (PHX, etc) were sporting Blues avys last round; now they've been joined by VAN, ANA, etc. in wearing SJ avy's this round :laugh:

Wow...really? That's extremely douchey.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After watching the replay of the game (and looking at some of the stuff I retweeted last night, heh), you can see Torres actually going pretty nuts even before the Stoll thing. In fact, our goals were caused because he left his original position to hunt someone down. I get it, his job is to hit and hit people hard, but I remember one point especially when Brown was already tied up with someone and he came flying in high...I remember thinking great, this clown is gonna hurt someone tonight. It reminded me of when Hanzal started going ballistic before he boarded Brown last year. ugh.

Captain Mittens*

Wow...really? That's extremely douchey.

I only saw one Phoenix fan so far, but he is a pretty notorious LA hater. He's the guy that tells posters not to move here when they start threads about where to live in LA when they want to move here

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I'm bit confused, some folks claim Torres demanded in person hearing for clarification purposes so it won't necessarily mean a lenghty suspension. But why would he want to fly NY on a game day?

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
This is the main board:

Sharks: Penner's hit is equal to or much worse than Torres hit
Kings: Can we see any evidence of the hit?
Sharks: *silence*
Sharks: Torres hit is nothing, you guys should see the Penner hit!

KingKopitar11*

I'm bit confused, some folks claim Torres demanded in person hearing for clarification purposes so it won't necessarily mean a lenghty suspension. But why would he want to fly NY on a game day?

Exactly that's bogus. There is no reason why him and Doug Wilson would go to NY for clarification. They were called upon mandatory. That's stupid letting a player fly out on game day for clarification. Yeah right.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal

no, had the option. he chose to go, likely to plead his case in person in hopes of minimizing his suspension length

KingKopitar11*

This is the main board:

Sharks: Penner's hit is equal to or much worse than Torres hit
Kings: Can we see any evidence of the hit?
Sharks: *silence*
Sharks: Torres hit is nothing, you guys should see the Penner hit!

I asked twice to see the hit last night and got no response.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Thats all they're doing over there is posting vague responses such as penners was worse or some one even accused us of making hits like this all playoffs then of course they brought up brown THEN had the audacity to bring up Stoll's history. the point is, they're grasping at straws 1. because they lost last night they're pissed and 2. they have no other defense of Torres other than changing the topic to make it about us.

its a losing battle, Shanahan regardless of what he does will be wrong and the NHL wants the Kings to win. Arguing at this point is futile with that group

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm guess he gets the rest of the series. But coming off his lengthy suspension last playoffs? Either throw the book at him or let someone tomahawk him in the head with their stick. He's the kinda guy who is never going to learn until he gets a dose of his own medicine.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I asked twice to see the hit last night and got no response.

There was a small video gif of the hit and that's it. I watched the hit 5 times, and it's nothing but a hockey hit, shoulder to chest. Someone claimed is was a blatant face crushing blow by Penner.:laugh: It was made worse by the announcers claiming it was a high hit. It wasn't. Look at the 13:12 mark during the 3rd period for the hit.

KingKopitar11*

I HATE to admit this but..... I don't think the check was dirty according to the rule book.

HOWEVER, paybacks a ****.

I just watched nbc review it they all agreed it was dirty and they felt that hes derserves what shanny has to give.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I thought JR was a big Quick fan. I remember him on Dan Patrick during last year's playoffs and beginning of this year's saying how much of a fan he is. That's pretty weird.

No man. He said several times after last season that Quick will be overrated due to his playoff performance. Then during the season he reiterated what he said as if he was validated by Quick's poor play to start the year. Kelly Hrudey went off on Roenick's opinions on HNiC during the year because of his comments.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Concerning all the hatred we're getting this year, I notice that we haven't really gotten any requests for bandwagon avatars. I remember making a lot of them last year when we were the underdog, but this year? nothing. And that's with 22 teams out of contention at this point. Is this what if feels like to be a fan of a truly great team?

Good. We don't need any other fan bases cheering for us.

Everyone felt pity, but now the tables have turned.

We've all suffered through a TON of brutal years. That's what makes our current success so much sweeter. Watching the team Dean assembled is a joy; so much talent, grit, and heart. We'll be a force for many, many years.

Let the usual mouthbreathers talk crap about us. I love it. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3