WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

JCabranes

Aug 9, 2008
Racine, Wisconsin
Good. We don't need any other fan bases cheering for us.

Everyone felt pity, but now the tables have turned.

We've all suffered through a TON of brutal years. That's what makes our current success so much sweeter. Watching the team Dean assembled is a joy; so much talent, grit, and heart. We'll be a force for many, many years.

Let the usual mouthbreathers talk crap about us. I love it. :nod:

Success breads hatred from other fan bases. The hell with them, these are great days to be a Kings fan.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Killer photo!

8743455750_02bd7d169d_b.jpg

Ron*

I HATE to admit this but..... I don't think the check was dirty according to the rule book.

HOWEVER, paybacks a ****.

Not sure which rule book you are reading. See the link below to download the full rule book here.*

Rule 48 – Illegal Check to the Head

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an
opponent’s head where the head is targeted and the principal point of
contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit
should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including
whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately
prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an
otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

48.2 Minor Penalty – For violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be
assessed.

48.3 Major Penalty – There is no provision for a major penalty for this rule.

48.4 Game Misconduct Penalty – There is no provision for a game
misconduct for this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match
penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately
injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head.

If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by
the Commissioner at his discretion.

*http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=27011

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'm dumbfounded that many Shark fans are saying this series is over if Torres receives a lengthy suspension. If your team cannot withstand the loss of Raffi ****ing Torres, your team is probably not as good as you think

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I'm dumbfounded that many Shark fans are saying this series is over if Torres receives a lengthy suspension. If your team cannot withstand the loss of Raffi ****ing Torres, your team is probably not as good as you think

It's just pre-emptive spin in case the Kings win the series. We have a way bigger beef over the loss of a player thanks to Torres' antics.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
I just got home from clinical, no real update if Stoll is ok?

(I doubt hearing but just wanted to check)

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
I just wanted to say I have a lot of respect for this team, win or lose. 5 playoff series and counting has earned my respect. I haven't liked another team this much since 2011 Boston.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

:laugh:

For some reason that picture looks fake, I had to maxmize it to make sure it wasn't NHL 13 lol

That's true!

CHOPPED!! was #1. Some guy made a fantastic dessert out of peanut M&Ms, celery, cream cheese, and goat's ass.

:laugh:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Well, so long as it only happens after 12 months have gone by, right?

I don't think that most of us are saying it was done with intent, but Torres just seems to be a guy that doesn't have a clue about what he is doing out there. He doesn't ever pause even for a second to think about the hit he is about to make. The guy is reckless and careless with the livelihoods of his peers.

I'm a forgiving person and an open-minded one. Torres is a good hockey player who's trying to change for the better and I applaud him for that. Besides, Torres' game is to play physical. His job is to make hits and hopefully turn the momentum around.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm a forgiving person and an open-minded one. Torres is a good hockey player who's trying to change for the better and I applaud him for that. Besides, Torres' game is to play physical. His job is to make hits and hopefully turn the momentum around.

Plenty of Hockey players manage to do that , without hitting people in the head or taking dumb routes to hit people.

Maybe Torres is just not a smart guy, doesn't understand proper hitting techniques.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Plenty of Hockey players manage to do that , without hitting people in the head or taking dumb routes to hit people.

Maybe Torres is just not a smart guy, doesn't understand proper hitting techniques.

Well, Torres being a fairly skilled hockey player probably gets more toi than you're ordinary physical forward. Besides, it was more of an unfortunate circumstances than anything.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well, Torres being a fairly skilled hockey player probably gets more toi than you're ordinary physical forward. Besides, it was more of an unfortunate circumstances than anything.

That unfortunate circumstance seems to happen a lot with Torres.

Remember when we use to say Jack had the worst luck with minuses ?

Well there comes a time when it's not Jack's luck anymore....He is just a bad Defensive player.

I am thinking Torres is just a bad hitter.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

Well there comes a time when it's not Jack's luck anymore....He is just a bad Defensive player.

At the very least this^.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

No, not a lot. First one since he's tried to change to be a better all around player.

Ron*

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00