WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is it just me or does it seem like the main board hate Brown more than Torres?

Every Kings-related thread is now 10+ pages of most Kings fans taking a defender/moderate stance, most Canucks/Wild/Phoenix/Ducks/Stars fans taking the complete aggressor/karma stance, many East-coast fans interjecting nonsense since they didn't actually watch the game but are inferring from box scores/groupthink, and the rest mostly providing the truthful, neutral material :P

Keep in mind no one is on our bandwagon anymore. We're the defending champs, not the lovable underdog, and we have villains in Brown and Stoll.

KingKopitar11*

Depends on the team.

Chicago doesn't

Sadly if I had to choose, people hate brown the most. I couldn't get a simple value of brown on the trade boards of him. A mod had to close it because people were being immature.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Not so random thought that I agree with from a couple of friends who went to the game...

The Vancouver Canucks must have really been awful this year.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 4m
Update - just heard from very well connected source to league office, he says 'Torres factor' will play heavy here. Expects long suspension.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
If that was Stoll who hit a Shark, the main boards would be calling for his head. What a joke. Especially since so many are defending Torres of all people, one of the dirtiest players in the league.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It appears that there will be an in-person hearing for Torres.

I think we may have seen the last of Raffi in this series.

Ron*

Given his history, I'm expecting more. I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone for 3-6 games.

Yes, I agree, now having heard that the league has requested an "in-person" hearing.

One insider has tweeted it traditionally means 5 games, but this gives the league the option for more.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
What a joke. Especially since so many are defending Torres of all people, one of the dirtiest players in the league.

i went into this series trying to be neutral about SJ fans, but their reaction to this hit and the defending of Torres put them right back in the *******. what a joke indeed my friend

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I honestly think the hit is on par with Brown's. I'd be happy with a two game suspension. I believe in guys trying to change but given Raffi's history it would not be surprising to see him gone for more.

Would take Stoll back over the Sharks losing Torres anyday.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
If Stoll does in fact have a concussion, and not his first, will we even see him next season? :(

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Considering they take injuries into account and they called for an in person hearing for Torres, Stoll is probably gonna be out for a while.

Captain Mittens*

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 44m
Update - just heard from very well connected source to league office, he says 'Torres factor' will play heavy here. Expects long suspension.

:handclap::handclap:

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
i went into this series trying to be neutral about SJ fans, but their reaction to this hit and the defending of Torres put them right back in the *******. what a joke indeed my friend

Not all of them, but yeah some are uneducated. That goes with the territory though. Funny thing is in a close series you don't usually see this from teams that are that close. Teams that tend to injure players do so so they can level the skill level.

Phoenix would not have gotten past Chicago without Torres taking out Hossa. Just a repeat of his history.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Not a good tradeoff, Stoll for Torres. I'm praying Lewis or Richardson can fill in on the 3rd. Maybe Richards will move down?

KingKopitar11*

Depends on the team.

Chicago doesn't

Sadly if I had to choose, people hate brown the most. I couldn't get a simple value of brown on the trade boards of him. A mod had to close it because people were being immature.

KingKopitar11*

Depends on the severity.

It's assumably been years since he had one

Does that really matter? Do some people completely heal from it? All I'm glad about it isn't a double impact because the last one was years ago

Captain Mittens*

Does that really matter? Do some people completely heal from it? All I'm glad about it isn't a double impact because the last one was years ago

the more often one surfers concussions, the worse the severity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad