WCQF/PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | COL Leads 3-1 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fans need to learn to win with a little more class. You guys are pulling a Panarin right now. I seriously just read a full page of utter gloating & kicking us when we're down.
Try walking away, you're the team that's up 3-1. Ofcourse Flames fans are sour.
Go read the threads after game 1. There’s certainly a few bad apple Avs fans but overall we’re an absolute treat compared to Flames fans after game 1. Don’t come in here talking about class because it doesn’t get any more hypocritical than that.

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
Avs fans need to learn to win with a little more class. You guys are pulling a Panarin right now. I seriously just read a full page of utter gloating & kicking us when we're down.

It's in response the the swarm of Flames clowns treating Avs fans like they were stupid for thinking the Avs might be able to win a game or two in this series. It was pretty relentless. Read the posts before game 2.

Now the only Flames fans posting are mostly normal ones, because the overconfident clowns went AWOL since they can't back up all their garbage they were spewing.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
It's in response the the swarm of Flames clowns treating Avs fans like they were stupid for thinking the Avs might be able to win a game or two in this series. It was pretty relentless. Read the posts before game 2.

Now the only Flames fans posting are mostly normal ones, because the overconfident clowns went AWOL since they can't back up all their garbage they were spewing.

So you are blaming fans for being confident in a 1 vs 8 playoff?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Pretty funny watching Calgary fans call Colorado a one line team when they've been burned repeatedly by guys like Calvert, Compher and Nieto. It only feels like a one line team because Colorado's best players are in a league of their own and looks so dominant against anyone else.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
So you are blaming fans for being confident in a 1 vs 8 playoff?
Yea, it shows a fan base who haven't been in the playoffs a lot. Fans of playoff teams know anything can happen in the playoffs and there's no such thing as an easy series. Calgary is far from proven, I think it's debateable if they can even make the playoffs next year. No one will take you seriously until you make the playoffs consecutively and win a few rounds.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Yea, it shows a fan base who haven't been in the playoffs a lot. Fans of playoff teams know anything can happen in the playoffs and there's no such thing as an easy series. Calgary is far from proven, I think it's debateable if they can even make the playoffs next year. No one will take you seriously until you make the playoffs consecutively and win a few rounds.

100% agree, its always tough. But I do have to wonder how you guys would have been if the seeds were opposite.....

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
So you are blaming fans for being overconfident in a 1 vs 8 playoff?

Read what I wrote, not what you wanted me to write for your argument.

And they weren't just overconfident. They were literally treating us like we were stupid for saying we think the Avs will lose in 5 or 6. Saying the Avs were a bad team, and stood no chance at winning the more than maybe one lucky game, let alone the series.

Reactions: cgf

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
100% agree, its always tough. But I do have to wonder how you guys would have been if the seeds were opposite.....

Well, you can always go back to MacK's rookie season when the Avs won the division and see what Avs fans said.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Same garbage reffing crew called game 2 for the leafs and bruins. Seems like Meier and Hanson are ruining games and pissing fan bases off indiscriminately.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Johnny Hockey needs to get his **** together, Mike Smith has been surprisingly good. Flames have to play with way more intensity and grit, Avs seem to win every puck battle. Mackinnon is too good.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
When is the one line team thing going to stop? Colorado is flat our dominating Calgary with and without the top line on the ice.

5v5 WITHOUT Mackinnon on the ice

Shot Attempts
Colorado 136
Calgary 108

High Danger Shot Attempts
Colorado 24
Calgary 18

Shots
Colorado 74
Calgary 63

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Oh the irony...pull out the GDT for game 1 and you'll see all the "AvS cAn BeAt ThE fLaMeS" or "MIKE SMITH HAS MORE POINTS THAN MACKINNON" posts.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I cannot believe I've read page after page about the officiating. YOU CANNOT ALLOW 50 SHOTS A GAME AND EXPECT TO WIN! I watched the islanders try to do that seemingly every game last season. Doesn't work out well.
In the 3 games the Flames have lost, they've allowed 39, 56, and 52 shots. That is an average of 49 shots per game. Talk about playing with fire...

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Do you remember Flames fans a week and a half ago? My lawd ya'll were telling Avs fans how cocky they were for wanting to play the Flames... I have some of those posts bookmarked for bumping :)

Reactions: MacBradley

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I was really concerned that our guys weren't going to show up for this game. They definitely made some early mistakes, but I think by the end, they were really gelling as a unit and end up giving us one more power play while ignoring some blatant high sticks. Good game by the Avs 6th man.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Do you remember Flames fans a week and a half ago? My lawd ya'll were telling Avs fans how cocky they were for wanting to play the Flames... I have some of those posts bookmarked for bumping :)

That was moreso Dallas wanting to play Nashville. All the talk had been up until then about how DAL had their number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad