WCQF/PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | COL Leads 3-1 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I haven't given up hope. It's hard to put a team away. Big Willy style tonight.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
As a side note, over the course of the 4 game series so far there have been a total of 39 minor penalties called. The Avs have had just 1 more power play opportunity than the Flames.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
As a side note, over the course of the 4 game series so far there have been a total of 39 minor penalties called. The Avs have had just 1 more power play opportunity than the Flames.

Refs are obviously out to get the Flames...

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I can't count how many three game + winning streaks we had this year. And, I don't think we won a single game in a shoot-out yet we ended up 2nd in the NHL.

Also, the last game went to OT after it was tied up by Colorado in the third.

We still have a legit chance, one game at a time, to take this series. It's game one for us tonight.

The Flames know they need to play better, like they're capable of.

Hoping for the best and think we'll win.

Reactions: Schred

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I can't count how many three game + winning streaks we had this year. And, I don't think we won a single game in a shoot-out yet we ended up 2nd in the NHL.

Also, the last game went to OT after it was tied up by Colorado in the third.

We still have a legit chance, one game at a time, to take this series. It's game one for us tonight.

The Flames know they need to play better, like they're capable of.

Hoping for the best and think we'll win.
No.

gettyimages-10568978881.jpg

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Ignoring blatant high sticks - yes they are. Clearly not interested...

They also have ignored when the Flames throw punches in scrums to avs players who aren't punching back. In the regular season the Flames would be getting the extra two minutes for those incidents.

Guess the refs are out to get the Avs too.

Or maybe, just maybe, the refs have missed calls on both sides and the refs aren't responsible for the Flames giving up 50 shots in back to back games or for not scoring on their TWO powerplays in OT.

Avs also only have one more PP in the series than the Flames even though the Avs have dominated possession the last few games which would normally mean more PP opportunities for them. The refs are letting Calgary get away with a lot but you dont see those instances because you need someone to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad