• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
MCoXZKb.jpg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Time to get the juices flowing with a little energy from the past. The players said they could feel the noise in the locker room from this Game 6 crowd...and it was giving them chills. Maybe we can reach this intensity again. And...my inspiration is in the intro...

Definitely the one that got away. Most fans still think if Roli doesn't get hurt, we win that series. I was at that game 6, and I'm pretty sure I have about 15 % less hearing now. I don't think I have ever heard anything louder. Definitely should have wore earplugs (pro tip for any of you heading to playoff games).

Couple things from the beginning of the telecast,

Don Cherry - guaranteeing an Oiler win

Kelly Hrudey - saying he expected Carolina to get 2 quick goals and snuff the Oilers out.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Definitely the one that got away. Most fans still think if Roli doesn't get hurt, we win that series. I was at that game 6, and I'm pretty sure I have about 15 % less hearing now. I don't think I have ever heard anything louder. Definitely should have wore earplugs (pro tip for any of you heading to playoff games).

Couple things from the beginning of the telecast,

Don Cherry - guaranteeing an Oiler win

Kelly Hrudey - saying he expected Carolina to get 2 quick goals and snuff the Oilers out.
Can say without a doubt that in my 40+ years of going to games, that game, from start to finish, was the loudest I've ever been at. Absolutely insane. Also think that was the most complete and dominant playoff game I've ever seen the Oilers play. I miss that old barn. A lot of great memories.

Last edited:

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Just an idea. PVR the game and maybe with a little work, one could sync it with the play by play on CHED radio if Singh is hard to bare. Is the radio behind a few seconds or SN?

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Can say without a doubt that in my 40+ years of going to games, that game, from start to finish, was the loudest I've ever been at. Absolutely insane. Also think that was the most complete and dominant playoff game I've ever seen the Oilers play. I miss that old barn. A lot of great memories.
I told a friend of mine, because I managed to find tickets to that game, that if they won game 5...would they like to go. Unfortunately, they weren't able to, but...I just should have headed out on mine own. I don't think I've seen anything like that before or since.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
I hate being too overconfident especially with the past few years of playoff disappointment, but I really think this Kings team is garbage and has no business being anywhere near where they are. I think we should win in 5, but I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling more than a little frustrated with the refs.

Anyway looking over some things, in the regular season Kings had an advantage in PP opps 16-10. An extra 1.5 powerplays a game. What a f***ing joke considering their defense against Connor and Leon is literally to hang off their back's. That's all the defensive stalwart Kopitar knows how to do. I'd imagine the refs to swallow the whistles even harder against us in this series. Thank god for our transition to good even strength play with Woodcock.

Another thing I looked at was record against playoff teams. Ours was 20-17-2. Kings 14-20-4. Looking at other records, Nashville was 18-18-5, Dallas was 20-17-3, Calgary was 20-11-7. Let's call this what it is, the Kings beat the bad teams to get here and had a pretty lucky season.

I don't really know why I'm posting this as I honestly don't want to jinx us or be too overcocky. I just really f***ing hate that team and I've seen a few preview videos essentially saying it's dead even, when in reality this would be a massive letdown if we lose this series.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Start times 8PM or later cause god forbid anyone misses a second of Eastern Conference games.
Beautiful. Love the late starts. By the time I got home from work and make dinner, this still gives me time to do some household stuff and settle in for the evening.

Plus, for those going out for dinner before the game, gives them extra time.

Reactions: subnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad