Pre-Game Talk: WCQF: Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers

Who will win the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I can't believe I won't get to hear Jack call out GESTICULATING, PULSATING, and my fave.. can openers.

giphy.gif

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
From the last bunch of posts, it sounds like we're getting Singh and Louie. I'm on team Jack. He's not perfect, but he's way better than Singh. It's not even close. I may need to watch the LA feed for this series. Singh just irritates me.

Also need to vent: Just saw even our home games are going to start late so the double header. FU NHL. Tons of family stuff to do this week so I'm not even going to be able to finish any of these games live. </rant>

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Glad game 1 is tomorrow!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Can we at least get a petition to have singh adopt the "down the stretch" line.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I must say that he's grown on me over the years.
Biggest thing by far is his transition to television, His style is perfectly suited to that medium. You can watch the game and he can get into his anecdotes and jokes and very little is affected. Incredibly frustrating on radio where you really are dependent on the voice to paint the game picture for you. Rod Phillips was a master at that.

Singh on the other hand, is just next level vanilla. Seems to over articulate the language.

Mr McV

Oct 9, 2008
Penticton
Jeff Goldblum plus David Cronenberg is like an overdose of WTF.
Post automatically merged:

I’ll have to remember to space apart my posts in order to maximize the amount of likes I can get :sarcasm:
As someone who has made about a dozen posts since "likes" were introduced to this board, I can confirm that strategy is not a recipe for success.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Can we at least get a petition to have singh adopt the "down the stretch" line.

Let’s make a petition that we don’t hear an Iafalooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I couldn't astand Jack when he initially replaced Rod. Never really cared for him on the radio, but once he did PBP on TV, the switch flipped for me, and I instantly enjoyed his work. I consider myself an introvert and a thinker, so there goes that theory. ;) But seriously, too each his own. I find that Jack and Louie have great chemistry together, and I don't mind Jaclk's little stories. Seems like a decent guy as well. When Singh does the PBP, it actually ruins the game for me. It's sad that as excited as I am for these playoffs, the fact that he is doing the PBP is going to diminish my excitement a notch. Nothing personal, he's just bad at his job.
Yes, yes and yes some more…

Reactions: bellagiobob

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Biggest thing by far is his transition to television, His style is perfectly suited to that medium. You can watch the game and he can get into his anecdotes and jokes and very little is affected. Incredibly frustrating on radio where you really are dependent on the voice to paint the game picture for you. Rod Phillips was a master at that.

Singh on the other hand, is just next level vanilla. Seems to over articulate the language.
Agreed. He was very frustrating as a radio guy but on TV his energy is only a plus. I'm surprised how much I enjoy him after years listening and being frustrated like you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Looks like Rogers will screw us over with Singh, just another insult from them to this fan base amongst many others. I hope every Oiler fan remembers this when they are shopping for telecom services, hopefully we’ll even have the ability to make choice by then and Rogers won’t buy out Shaw AND Telus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad