GDT: WCQF Game #3 | Winnipeg Jets @ St. Louis Blues | "We coming home!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm now ready for ROR to be Captain. Someone needs to find out wtf is up with Pie and straighten him out. Chief needs to make a statement and bag skate this team.

Saying that, it's not the end of the world, maybe a total takedown will rile them into making a statement in Game 4. Can't cry over it, still in the hunt and it's Cup or Bust, so Let's Go Blues!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The only thing worse than watching the Blues lose a game playing less than their best is reading this damn board after a game where the Blues play less than their best. What a tire fire. Absolute trash all around. Do you expect the team to go 16-0 in the playoffs? Not going to happen. Stop being so damn bi-polar. Wins don't mean we are going to coast to the cup and losses don't mean the season is over.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
The biggest difference tonight is the Jets were much less interested in hitting and were more interested in playing hockey. We spent much of the night chasing the puck. Need better support in the o-zone from the D.

Three flukey-ish goals tonight Hayes, Tanev and Buff

Wasted opportunity

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Dude, did you see what he did in the first period, he was incredible. The Blues just sat back and counted on the Jets to run out of gas and it never happened. Pucks are going to start creeping in if no one is playing but the goalie.

Yeah. It was a near miracle we were leading going into the 2nd. Winnipeg blitzed us, and I thought we would see what a gift Binny handed them, and push back hard in the 2nd, but that obv did not happen.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yep. Outside of that shining moment, the top line (and Schwartz) is asleep. Hopefully they can play better for longer next game. :nod:
The whole team was asleep, other than Binnington, Barbashev and Sundqvist. They always seem to have a letdown when they think things are finally under control. They need the killer instinct that makes you even more aggressive and determined when you are on the way to putting a team away. You finish them off and celebrate after you've actually accomplished the big accomplishment. The Blues always seem to celebrate early, maybe because they've had so little to celebrate over the past many seasons. But that separates the winners from the losers. The teams that can concentrate on continued hard, good, focussed play until the job is completed wins the trophies, and those who can't keep disciplined to do that are the chronic losers. The Blues need to change their modus operandi and join the winners.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Bright spot tonight is we got PP goals! 2/5 tonight overall on the PP, so if we can get it going a bit more with the man advantage, and bring back our dominant 5v5 play, we will be fine going forward in this series. One more game at home and a win puts us one win away from clinching the series on the road.

We know from this season even in our bad half we would have games that clicked, if this team plays to their strengths and really is committed, they can beat anybody. This is hopefully the wake up call game that every team inevitably draws in the playoffs.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
This was 1st half Blues......not 2nd half. They weren't prepared tonight and played like a team that had a 2-0 lead. Would be refreshing if this franchise had that killer mentality like NYI or CBJ today.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I just can't believe a Blues fan could watch that game, and blame the goalie for the loss. At least the Blues got their PP going finally. They better bring it in Game 4, because now they allowed the Jets to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Game 4 is pivotal STL better bring everything they have, no more slacker play & skating in the PO's. For crying out loud look how hard you had to push to get here to this point, is that really how you want to play now that you made it into the second season.'

Lets Go Blues!

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The only thing worse than watching the Blues lose a game playing less than their best is reading this damn board after a game where the Blues play less than their best. What a tire fire. Absolute trash all around. Do you expect the team to go 16-0 in the playoffs? Not going to happen. Stop being so damn bi-polar. Wins don't mean we are going to coast to the cup and losses don't mean the season is over.
I just stay away because of the lunacy. I’ll be shocked if the Blues don’t play a strong game Tuesday.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I completely agree with you but I think most people’s issue is not that they lost but that they were just flat out dominated.

It wasn’t like some tight 1 goal game that could have gone either way. Those you tip your hat and move on. The Blues were taken to school in this game.

But your point still stands. I still think the Blues will win the series.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I completely agree with you but I think most people’s issue is not that they lost but that they were just flat out dominated.

It wasn’t like some tight 1 goal game that could have gone either way. Those you tip your hat and move on. The Blues were taken to school in this game.

We were literally 3 inches away from tying the game up in the third.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Were we dominated though? Shots were even. Had Maroon slipped that one in, we would have been tied at 3 instead of falling 2 back a few seconds later on Tanev's goal. Its a whole different game if that happens.

We actually had more 5v5 scoring chances than they did. Expected GF% was right near 50% 5v5. They got more chances on the PP, but we converted more. The difference was they got the bad/lucky goals this game (we got them last 2), and they got a few. They did dominate sections of the game, but overall it was fairly even.

Nobody wants to see that though. They want hyperbole about how awful we are, so they feel justified in pissing and moaning.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm expecting Blais or Mac in for Sanford on Tuesday for energy purposes and to serve as a wake-up call to the rest of the team.
I’d give it a try. I want to see what Blais does.

I saw someone say the other day that they are worried about Blais taking a dumb penalty. I see it as the opposite.

Blais had the most hits/game on the team, and he also took the LEAST amount of penalties on the team (2) among all players that played at least 30 games this season.

If he rattles the Jets d-men, I think they are more prone to reacting by slashing him and taking penalties.

It’s worth a try. I’m obviously not blaming the game on Sanford but for all the talk of his P.K. ability he still hasn’t been on the ice for a single second on a P.K. this series. He’s not providing much of anything.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Were we dominated though? Shots were even. Had Maroon slipped that one in, we would have been tied at 3 instead of falling 2 back a few seconds later on Tanev's goal. Its a whole different game if that happens.

We actually had more 5v5 scoring chances than they did. Expected GF% was right near 50% 5v5. They got more chances on the PP, but we converted more. The difference was they got the bad/lucky goals this game (we got them last 2), and they got a few. They did dominate sections of the game, but overall it was fairly even.

Nobody wants to see that though. They want hyperbole about how awful we are, so they feel justified in pissing and moaning.
If you think since the shots were even which means we played a even game, you clearly didnt watch the game. The blues got manhandled today, shoved into a locker, given a swirley and a wet willy. They didnt even care to fight back, they just took it with no response. That was by far the worst effort since the Dallas game to break their 11 game streak and the worst performance on home ice since the Islanders game.

The Jets have 19 goals in 3 games in STL this season. Team needs to show up and check a hell of a lot better than they did today.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I’d give it a try. I want to see what Blais does.

I saw someone say the other day that they are worried about Blais taking a dumb penalty. I see it as the opposite.

Blais had the most hits/game on the team, and he also took the LEAST amount of penalties on the team (2) among all players that played at least 30 games this season.

If he rattles the Jets d-men, I think they are more prone to reacting by slashing him and taking penalties.

It’s worth a try. I’m obviously not blaming the game on Sanford but for all the talk of his P.K. ability he still hasn’t been on the ice for a single second on a P.K. this series. He’s not providing much of anything.
Sanford will not play Tuesday. He was a major reason the Jets got their first goal, fumbled a easy pass.

Hes simply not a playoff capable player right now and we have better choices.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If you think since the shots were even which means we played a even game, you clearly didnt watch the game. The blues got manhandled today, shoved into a locker, given a swirley and a wet willy. They didnt even care to fight back, they just took it with no response. That was by far the worst effort since the Dallas game to break their 11 game streak and the worst performance on home ice since the Islanders game.

The Jets have 19 goals in 3 games in STL this season. Team needs to show up and check a hell of a lot better than they did today.

After this detailed analysis, I change my opinion. I must have blinked when the wet willies were being given out. Damn. Why doesn't natural stat trick track swirlies and wet willies? :sarcasm:

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
After this detailed analysis, I change my opinion. I must have blinked when the wet willies were being given out. Damn. Why doesn't natural stat trick track swirlies and wet willies? :sarcasm:
8 shots thru 30mins and by that time the game was essentially over. the whole "we almost tied it" excuse is just lame. the jets could say the same things for g1 and g2. we didnt tie it and we had NO business even coming close to tieing it. Only reason it was 3-2 was because of JB.

the shots only got "evened" up because WPG was up by 3 goals and in pure turtle mode so the Blues finally threw a bunch of trash at the net. Blues gave 0 shits today and it showed in their play. It was awfully similar to how Boston played the Leafs in their G1. I hope the Blues respond as well as they did.

Reactions: STLomacneko

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well Majority is right. The game was very close to being 3-3, and that would have been another 3rd period lead the Jets would have blown. They wouldn't have gotten that 4th goal at least. So even if they still win it's probably a 5-4 game and we are pressing harder at the end instead of 6-3. Or maybe the Maroon goal would have given us serious momentum and we take over.

Not making excuses because of course the Blues need to be better, but they absolutely still can win game 4 and put a stranglehold on the Jets. I'm not worried yet.

Put Blais in and take it to them.

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
We got completely owned. Binny took one off of his beany. We got lit up for 6 goals. Jets had a lot of high quality chances. All 4 of their lines were buzzing. The first 2 games could have gone either way. This was a complete blow out. On paper the Jets are a deep and better team. I hope we can pull it together. Maybe we can try and stay tighter on Laine before he goes postal on us again and turns into a one man wrecking machine. Keep on giving that guy confidence is a HUGE mistake!

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
We got completely owned. Binny took one off of his beany. We got lit up for 6 goals. Jets had a lot of high quality chances. All 4 of their lines were buzzing. The first 2 games could have gone either way. This was a complete blow out. On paper the Jets are a deep and better team. I hope we can pull it together. Maybe we can try and stay tighter on Laine before he goes postal on us again and turns into a one man wrecking machine. Keep on giving that guy confidence is a HUGE mistake!

"On paper" bullshit needs to stop. They're better when we let them be better.

Reactions: STLomacneko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad