Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
652.gif

My last post of frustration tonight.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I think if Maroon had scored instead of hellybuck making a pretty crazy save we would have a different outcome. Shame that didn't happen.
Would have been a different outcome if everyone else outside of Binny and Barby decided to also show up to play a hockey game today.

That was one of their classic November-ish efforts that we all saw complete with stupid ass play from their Captain.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Why wasn't it there? It's like we were there for flashes at a time.

The Tarasenko goal, the Parayko rush...we weren't good long enough. Why?

Reactions: mk80

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Loss was another example of the lack of killer instinct this team has and has had with this core. Great chance to go up 3-0 and all but end the series and then lay a complete egg. As professional hockey players, in the playoffs, and on your home ice, I do not know how that can happen.

Didn't exactly expect to win this game, but I wouldn't have cared too much about the loss had we played hard and just got beat. Lack of effort is unacceptable. Maybe they win the next two and make me look stupid, but to me, this now has all the signs of a 6-7 game series where even if we do win, we are likely worn down going into the 2nd round.

Reactions: mk80 and TheDizee

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Would have been a different outcome if everyone else outside of Binny and Barby decided to also show up to play a hockey game today.

That was one of their classic November-ish efforts that we all saw complete with stupid ass play from their Captain.
Petro had a CF% of 62.5 and FF% of 70.83. Don't think he was the problem.

In fact, I'd say one of the only positives we can take away from this game is the Petro and Eddy pairing that was put together towards the end of the 2nd looked very good and I hope they stay together.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Petro had a CF% of 62.5 and FF% of 70.83. Don't think he was the problem.

In fact, I'd say one of the only positives we can take away from this game is the Petro and Eddy pairing that was put together towards the end of the 2nd looked very good and I hope they stay together.
Oh if you think he wasnt a problem today, then IDK what to tell you. He was by far the worst Blue on the ice tonight. To have that level of play from your captain is unacceptable and more importantly very concerning.

His abysmal play on the PP is a MAJOR reason it has been shit and we can confirm this as the Blues scored 2 PP goals were from a rush and from Dunn taking his spot on that PP unit, two plays where he isnt a factor.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I predicted Blues in 5 so i expected to lose one and I expected to lose one at home but man losing like this sucks.
I read somebody's post (I believe from our board) the other day that said something to effect of:
"When you win in playoffs, it feels like the team can win the cup, after a loss it feels like you need to discuss a rebuild."

I'm paraphrasing of course, but that post was the perfect summary of playoffs! Whoever posted it, if you read this, please claim it!

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Oh if you think he wasnt a problem today, then IDK what to tell you. He was by far the worst Blue on the ice tonight. To have that level of play from your captain is unacceptable and more importantly very concerning.

His abysmal play on the PP is a MAJOR reason it has been **** and we can confirm this as the Blues scored 2 PP goals from a rush and from Dunn taking his spot on that PP unit, two plays where he isnt a factor.
He wasn't great on the PP apart from the assist on Perron's goal (which he fumbled it a bit so I won't give him too much credit), but if you think a couple bad minutes on the PP is more important than completely controlling the shot share at 5v5 idk what to tell you.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
He wasn't great on the PP apart from the assist on Perron's goal (which he fumbled it a bit so I won't give him too much credit), but if you think a couple bad minutes on the PP is more important than completely controlling the shot share at 5v5 idk what to tell you.
He didnt control anything 5on5. Calling him a nonfactor would be a compliment, he was a negative factor today. He also tipped in a god awful shot that got the Jets rolling too.

If we are gonna win this series, our best players better start showing up.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I predicted Blues in 5 so i expected to lose one and I expected to lose one at home but man losing like this sucks.

Same. Voted Blues in 5 on the main board, but this loss still stings.

I feel like we still haven't seen their best because the top line and Schwartz are asleep at the moment (Vladdy looked good tonight. Powered it right through Hellebuyck).

Be nice of them to wakeup. :laugh:

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
He didnt control anything 5on5. Calling him a nonfactor would be a compliment, he was a negative factor today. He also tipped in a god awful shot that got the Jets rolling too.

If we are gonna win this series, our best players better start showing up.
Sucks that he tipped it in, but that's just bad luck.

You know what, actually, I went back and watched it and idk what he was doing there. Looked like he was going for the tip in.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO

Absolutely. The stats don't lie.

People see what they want to see with Pietrangelo.

Reactions: Thallis and LGB

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Same. Voted Blues in 5 on the main board, but this loss still stings.

I feel like we still haven't seen their best because the top line and Schwartz are asleep at the moment (Vladdy looked good tonight. Powered it right past Hellebuyck's glove).

Be nice of them to wakeup. :laugh:

I thought Tarasenko was terrible outside of his goal tonight.

Reactions: TK 421

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That was ugly. We didn’t match Jets desperation. Good lesson. I expect game 4 will look quite different. Not like anybody really expected us to sweep.

Reactions: mk80

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
That was ugly. We didn’t match Jets desperation. Good lesson. I expect game 4 will look quite different. Not like anybody really expected us to sweep.

Yeah we've seen playoff stinkers from the Blues like this before. Game 6 vs. Chicago in 2016 is a great example and everyone thought we were done in Game 7 because of it. Nope. Hockey players have a short memory.

The Blues will clean it up in Game 4.

Reactions: Blueston and mk80

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Dude, did you see what he did in the first period, he was incredible. The Blues just sat back and counted on the Jets to run out of gas and it never happened. Pucks are going to start creeping in if no one is playing but the goalie.
How they manage to leave Laine alone with no skater within 25 feet of him on a 4on4 is beyond me. Its like pitching to Barry Bonds with the pitcher on deck, complete stupidity by the Blues.

Check harder in game 4 and actually show up to play like Barby and Binny did and they will be fine. The first line has to be a positive factor and not just a minutes eater.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
We got what we deserved tonight. I don't think anyone thought this was going to be a clean sweep at the beginning of the series. The Blues played right into Winnipeg's gameplan tonight. Refocus and get back to our game on Tuesday. I still have confidence we will win this series. Tonight was just a bump in the road.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Jets changed up their style tonight, had more coverage in neutral zone, Blues had tough time bringing puck up ice. Team was off rhythm. Even Panger said it was a very passive Jets defense and the Blues had trouble with zone entry. Question is, what will Berube do to counter this? Personally I think you fight fire with fire and you make it a boring game with the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad