GDT: WCQF Game #1 | St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | "So it Begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Going into game 2 I'm expecting to see the Blues team we saw in the 3rd after the Perron goal. That said, I'm also expecting to see the most desperate, agitated, POed, Jets team that wants to avoid going down 2-0 in a series heading into St. Louis.

Also shoutout to @Bendak for keeping the post season likes going! That is some playoff style liking!

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
My main takeaways now that my excitement is only half there.

Colt is a No.1 Defensemen. The End. He was a machine tonight. He is a joy to watch defend and turn the puck up ice.

If I had anything resembling a concern about Binny in the playoffs, I don't now.

Win Friday. Put them behind the 8 ball going back to St. Louis. This team hasn't played consistently well in months. Break there spririt.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Reporter: "How do you feel about playing your first playoff game?"

Binnington: "It was cool"

Binnington seeing the Stanley Cup:

giphy.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Going into game 2 I'm expecting to see the Blues team we saw in the 3rd after the Perron goal. That said, I'm also expecting to see the most desperate, agitated, POed, Jets team that wants to avoid going down 2-0 in a series heading into St. Louis.

Also shoutout to @Bendak for keeping the post season likes going! That is some playoff style liking!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I think it's time we all step up our like game.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I screamed when Perron scored.

I was bouncing off the damn walls when Bozak scored.

And I’m usually cool as ice and often get the “you look bored” or the “do you have emotions?” comments from people around me.

The game was exhilarating.

Laine is still the most overrated player in the league don’t @ me.

But it’s one game down, so let’s focus on Friday and look no further!

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
A lot of people early in the year thought Bozak was a poor move in retrospect after getting ROR, having Schenn, Thomas making the roster, Sundqvist breaking out. I was one of those. But damn did we need him tonight. Also, Maroon drove that play. He's really carrying his weight lately.

We need to not get dragged into the scrums and stuff. That's what Winnipeg wants. Just keep outhustling them, take the PP, and try and finish this series. That's part of the reason I hate Thorburn being back. We don't need to try and play that game. We keep playing our game, play within ourselves, this should be a W.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Maroon is doing pretty much exactly the role I thought he would in the playoffs. It’s valuable, and the Blues will probably re-sign him in the off-season. Yes he’s kind of slow, but he wins board battles and can absorb (and dish) a lot of punishment. He has meshed well with his skilled linemates, amd they hold possession and get there share of scoring opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad