GDT: WCQF Game #1 | St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | "So it Begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
You could see it after that Perron goal, they needed a goal to have the confidence!

Reactions: LGB

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
For real, can someone tell me what this Tweet business with Jordan and the Winnipeg media is about? I tried looking it up, but everytime I click on a link for the story it says I'm not authorized to enter. Must be subscription based. Can someone please fill me in, I've been oblivious to the lead up to tonight?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t know if any of you have seen Bozak’s wife Molly on Twitter but she’s awesome. Those two are always welcome in STL.

Reactions: STLomacneko

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
For real, can someone tell me what this Tweet business with Jordan and the Winnipeg media is about? O tried looking it up, but everytime I click on a link for the story it says I'm not authorized to enter. Must be subscription based. Can someone please fill me in, I've been oblivious to the lead up to tonight?

I think they were trying to psych Binny out, but it quickly became obvious that the Winnipeg media is terrified of him and our guy proved why tonight. Strong team, strong win. Long Live The Note!

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Great win! The Jets came out on fire, as is to be expected at home in game 1, but it’s clear a big bodied team like that can’t keep that up for 60 minutes. Once they slowed down we took over.

When we reached the 4 minute mark I texted my buddy and said ‘This one’s not going to overtime’ because you could just feel the Blues buzzing and I felt confident we’d bury one late.

What can you say about Jordan Binnington. He completely erased any worries I had about him on this stage. He is stone f***ing cold. ‘There’s your answer’, indeed Binny. You’re the man.

Reactions: STLomacneko and LGB

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
For real, can someone tell me what this Tweet business with Jordan and the Winnipeg media is about? O tried looking it up, but everytime I click on a link for the story it says I'm not authorized to enter. Must be subscription based. Can someone please fill me in, I've been oblivious to the lead up to tonight?

Accused him of being racist for making a burka comment vs their picture in their passport. Funny it came out the day of game one...

#meltingpot

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Cliff Notes version: Some San Jose Sharks "reporter" who is from Winnipeg, spent 2 hours last night digging through Binnington's Tweets and found 3 Tweets from when he was 19, talking about a Taxi driver talking on his phone in a foreign language instead of playing the radio, and questioning how TSA screens people wearing a burka at the airport (at the time Canada was debating whether to ban wearing them for photo IDs) and the "journalist" claimed he was racist.

The tweets are pictured on Page 1 of this thread: Winnipeg newspaper attempts a hit piece on Jordan Binnington ahead of Game 1, resurfacing old Tweets

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Great win! The Jets came out on fire, as is to be expected at home in game 1, but it’s clear a big bodied team like that can’t keep that up for 60 minutes. Once they slowed down we took over.

When we reached the 4 minute mark I texted my buddy and said ‘This one’s not going to overtime’ because you could just feel the Blues buzzing and I felt confident we’d bury one late.

What can you say about Jordan Binnington. He completely erased any worries I had about him on this stage. He is stone ****ing cold. ‘There’s your answer’, indeed Binny. You’re the man.
I think just as much as it was them slowing down, we also really upped our game after the Perron goal went in. We were just a little bit off and the team felt a little bit nervous until that first goal went in, then suddenly we were playing like the team that won 11 in a row.

Reactions: mk80

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well Blues have done their job right out of the gate. They at least split it in Winnipeg.

I just love this. Leading up to tonight, it seems people forget the Blues have missed the playoffs once since 2010. This is the Jets 3rd appearance...they better remember that, they're the rookies

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Going forward, the team needs to find their asshole. Winny wants to act like the weak Broad Street Bullies so pull a Steen and go full...

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Accused him of being racist for making a burka comment vs their picture in their passport. Funny it came out the day of game one...

#meltingpot
Wow, a racisim accusation is pretty desperate already, it's gonna take more than false accusations to get under the skin of "Do I look Nervous" Dong Energy.

Seriously though thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: STL BLUES and mk80

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
All Blues quotes have to be in this format now!

After Perron scored I finally calmed down, the rest of the game was really enjoyable.
I just can’t here to post this. Still laughing about that interview. I think the guys are a bit pissy with the Winnipeg media after how Binnington was treated. And Binnington is talking like he’s being fed lines from a media handler now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad