GDT: WCQF Game #1 | St. Louis Blues @ Winnipeg Jets | "So it Begins"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
0/3 powerplay and only 3-4 shots total. I think Dunn should play 1st powerplay compare to Pietro. Dunn is quicker in the blueline than Pietro and Jets forwards knowledge that weakness on blueline.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What a game. Now ended watching.

At the end last time I haven seen Steen that furious was Backes vs Seabrook case. Huge block on Steen at the end vs Laine.

Reactions: bluesfan94

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Just finished watching the game.... whew that was intense. A few thoughts from my end.

1- Jets ( Myers in particular ) got away with murder in the 1st period.

2- Thomas (-the first period jitters) looked great.

3- Binnington doesn't give a f*** about your feelings, or your whiteout.

4- Sanford doesn't deserve another shift. Get that bum off the ice and put MacX2 or Blais in his place.

5- f*** YEAH!!!!!!!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I agree about Sandford. Blais and MacMac can do same or Møre. This is grind games, so Guy who is willing to put body on line should play. MacMac is great forechecker, Blais van hit. They both should go ahead of Sandford.

I dont Lind IF Fabbri would play too, but I would love to see MacMac speeding up in 4th line.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I’ve been racking my brain trying to place it but I’ve finally figured it out.....Patrik Laine looks like someone tried to draw Gary Busey from memory.
giphy.gif

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
The Blues can’t score. Hellebuyck has a shutout going and looks like he won’t let anything in.

Can’t let their goalie have a shutout if you want to win. Typical Blues.

Looks like this will be a shutout loss.

Shutout.
Well played triple jinx at the perfect time.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Maroon is doing pretty much exactly the role I thought he would in the playoffs. It’s valuable, and the Blues will probably re-sign him in the off-season. Yes he’s kind of slow, but he wins board battles and can absorb (and dish) a lot of punishment. He has meshed well with his skilled linemates, amd they hold possession and get there share of scoring opportunities.

I agree, and while I wouldn’t be upset if we brought him back, I’d prefer to bring in Ferland to replace him. He’s a better version of Patty.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Just saw the highlights. Binny steal a game?
Binny was a stone cold killer, and I'm not evening close to exaggerating. Made it look easy all night, maybe even looked more calm then usual, and made (at least) 2 saves that will be on the save of the playoffs list when it's all said and done. Binny is our guy, the real deal, he had the loud Peg fans on his ass for 60 minutes everytime he touched the puck & never batted a eyelash. I've never been so comfortable with any Blues goalie in net for a down to the wire playoff game ever. I'm telling you this kid is a stone cold assassin.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Just saw the highlights. Binny steal a game?
Both goalies played really well. Blues were dominated in first 2 periods being chased and outskated and hit by relentless jets team. Binny kept is in the game with great saves and only down 1.

3rd period though, the jets looked tired, once perron scored to tie it up, the momentum shifted and it was all blues in the 3rd. Hellebuck robbed us of some chances and we hit a few posts but finally pitted in the second

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Both goalies played really well. Blues were dominated in first 2 periods being chased and outskated and hit by relentless jets team. Binny kept is in the game with great saves and only down 1.

3rd period though, the jets looked tired, once perron scored to tie it up, the momentum shifted and it was all blues in the 3rd. Hellebuck robbed us of some chances and we hit a few posts but finally pitted in the second

I didn’t think the Blues were dominated the first 2 periods. I’d give the edge to the Jets, but I think it was far from being dominated. The 3rd period was domination by the Blues. MUCH more than the first 2 periods by the Jets.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I was happy to see the secondary offensive guys pick up the the big line who were just OK by their standards (that was the worst game I've seen Schenn play in a while). Perron/Schwartz, two players who historically should be impacting playoff games more than they have in their respective careers, both played well. Bozak continues to impress.

Agree with the rest that the Blues have plenty of better options than Sanford for this series.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I was happy to see the secondary offensive guys pick up the the big line who were just OK by their standards (that was the worst game I've seen Schenn play in a while). Perron/Schwartz, two players who historically should be impacting playoff games more than they have in their respective careers, both played well. Bozak continues to impress.

Agree with the rest that the Blues have plenty of better options than Sanford for this series.

schenn had an incredible game tho....

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Sanford was fine. Blaise is made of glass and mac does not have the skill, and fabbri is not a nhl caliber player at the moment.. Blues dont need to out physical the jets the blues need to outscore the jets.. no way lineup changes are made.

Reactions: sfvega
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad