• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Binnington is a ****ing monster, kid is legit. He keeps this up next year he's going to be in contention for the vezna no question.

Reactions: roccerfeller

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I’ve seen this movie before. The Jets will blow the doors off tomorrow. The Blues will lose something like 2-1, 3-2 on Saturday. This isn’t some sort of reverse jinx or me blowing smoke, just what I expect to happen. It has been close but unless the Blues make some drastic adjustments it’s all a formality at this point.

This is exactly how I feel as well. The only thing that gives me some hope is how weird this year has gone and maybe it's different this time? (battered spouse syndrome kicking in)

There was a morning blues radio show a couple years ago that used the phrase "It's almost always never easy" which I think perfectly describes every Blues postseason.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Binnington makes it different for sure and to have found out perhaps we don't need quite as much coaching help as we thought.

Those were 2 huge looming issues and then suddenly they weren't. Now we're back to needing some scoring and we have the players to shift around looking for a better match up against this Jets team. So I see no reason to be worried provided Berube is seeing the same lack of results we are and thinking next practice he'll try new combos.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I think you can tell by the comments since this last game that Jets fans sure don't think the series is over. Besides, game 5 is being played in the Jets barn, home games haven't been good news for either team this series!

We’re due for a win...:thumbu:

Go :jets Go

Last edited:

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
I will say one thing about the Blues.

ROR has been a bit of a disappointment. I am a big fan of his game and he can dominate but he has been mostly invisible all series. He did get the GWG in game 2 but that was mostly on Helle rather than him making a great play.
I have noticed a decline in his play startimg 2 weeks or so before the playoffs even started. I believe his body is tired. When you go all out every game of the season, the body is bound to tire out eventually.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Game 3 sure. All other games have been even.

Can we stop with this narrative like the Jets have been way better than the Blues in the last two?

Last night was a coin flip

I didn't say they were way better. I merely pointed out that they turned up the effort which obviously resulted in two wins.

These teams have been relatively even, game 3 was tilted towards the Jets but every other game has been close, within one goal.

Reactions: Joe Strummer

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Game 3 sure. All other games have been even.

Can we stop with this narrative like the Jets have been way better than the Blues in the last two?

Last night was a coin flip

Coin flip? What game did you watch. From the second period to OT the Jets dominated. If it wasn't for Binnington Bear the score could have been 5 to 1. Game was only close on the scoreboard.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
I’ve seen this movie before. The Jets will blow the doors off tomorrow. The Blues will lose something like 2-1, 3-2 on Saturday. This isn’t some sort of reverse jinx or me blowing smoke, just what I expect to happen. It has been close but unless the Blues make some drastic adjustments it’s all a formality at this point.

Bet the Jets lose at home. Just when you think they will come up big they suck like last year in the playoffs. Home record is not flattering in the playoffs.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Bet the Jets lose at home. Just when you think they will come up big they suck like last year in the playoffs. Home record is not flattering in the playoffs.
No one out-disappoints the Blues in the postseason. I will be floored if the Jets lose tomorrow.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Rofl you can really see how beaten these fanbases have been.
"We're gonna win"
"No we're gonna win"

"we suck, it's over"
"No we suck, this is the end"

"No we're gonna lose after all that momentum building"
"We've seen the 4-0 comeback before, you wait"

I think it's funny. But seriously, jets in 6

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Coin flip? What game did you watch. From the second period to OT the Jets dominated. If it wasn't for Binnington Bear the score could have been 5 to 1. Game was only close on the scoreboard.

Ignores first period where the Blues completely dominated the Jets. Could have been 5-0.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I have NO idea how the rest of this series is going to go. Of course I want my Jets to come out on top but just don't know. I heard a lot of Jets fans saying how poorly they were playing leading up to the playoffs and after going down 2 - 0 I started to believe that they lost their way. However, I think the one thing that the Tampa-CBJ series showed us was the playoffs are a completely different animal than the regular season. I'll hang in there, game by game, yelling at the TV when things don't go our way (perceived or real - lol) and cheer when they do! This thing is likely going the distance!

Great post. I've always thought that if the Jets played at their very best they can beat anyone. I believed that the Jets have the skill, speed, and physicality to beat anyone in the league in a 7 game series. The question all season long was can they ever play at their very best. Game 3 and 4 has shown they can but the Blues have also proven that they can play with the Jets even when they play their best. The Blues are a really good hockey team and it is still anyone series.

PS: Thankyou for serving your country. Stay safe!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Coming into the playoffs IMO the Blues were the toughest opponent in the central. Blues are a very serious threat to any team, total respect for their team. This series is far from over, it’s anyones to win still.

Reactions: Guffman

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Suck that the Jets gave up all those assets for Kevin Hays and he's now a 4th liner. Brendan Lemieux could have played that role and we'd still have our first rounder.

Lemieux doesn’t have play centre and it’s good to have some of insurance at centre if someone gets hurt.

Not so worried about giving up a late first rounder and we have players, like Vesalainen that will need spots next year.

It’s a necessary acquisition if we hope to play deep into the playoffs.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

While the Jets were better, if you’re playing a 1-1 game and the Blues get a PP near the end as well as the game going to OT, anything can happen.

Jets need to turn their superior play into results so it isn’t a coin flip at the end of the game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
No one out-disappoints the Blues in the postseason. I will be floored if the Jets lose tomorrow.

The mistake that the Blues made was winning two games. The Jets are masters at blowing 3-1 series leads lol.

I can see why I like you Blues fans. We have a shared tragic playoff history. :laugh:

Reactions: roccerfeller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad