Who wins game 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Parayko probably.

Dunn is super smooth too he's basically your version of Morrissey.

Dont think Petro has been bad. He just isn't a superstar number one or anything.

I agree. Petro isn't playing poorly (Bouwmeester, Edmundson are IMO). But per expectations, Petro is underachieving. For years, our fanbase has told anyone that would listen that Petro was a top 5 defensive defenseman, and he just isn't in that league anymore. Parayko may be, it's tough to tell when the rest of your defense is getting blasted by those top lines. Dunn I think is going to be a stud long-term.

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: libertarian

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think the Blues have a better chance of winning in Winnipeg tomorrow than they have winning at home. I swear, the Blues try and impress fans at home with their dipsey doodles, and get away from playing as a five-man unit. With less pressure to impress, the Blues can play their game.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I guess I'm one of the more optimistic Blues fans. Reading some of the posts in here you'd think we were down 3-1 in the series or something. It's tied fellas. Reset and win the next one. It's a best of 3 from here on out.

Reactions: RORbacon

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I guess I'm one of the more optimistic Blues fans. Reading some of the posts in here you'd think we were down 3-1 in the series or something. It's tied fellas. Reset and win the next one. It's a best of 3 from here on out.
I think it's just one of those super coordinated jinx attempts! :laugh:

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think it's just one of those super coordinated jinx attempts! :laugh:

EVERYONE knows it’s really the Jets that are gonna blow this.

That’s my attempt to counterattack their jinx with a jinx of my own! Take that Blues! ;)

Reactions: Saitama

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
This series is not over. Jets fans, including myself, are feeling more optimistic now obviously, but I remember having the same feeling after Game 1 of WCF against Vegas last year when we spanked the Knights, only to have them win 4 straight.

Each game has been close, and Jets still need to bring their A+ game to win.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I agree. Petro isn't playing poorly (Bouwmeester, Edmundson are IMO). But per expectations, Petro is underachieving. For years, our fanbase has told anyone that would listen that Petro was a top 5 defensive defenseman, and he just isn't in that league anymore. Parayko may be, it's tough to tell when the rest of your defense is getting blasted by those top lines. Dunn I think is going to be a stud long-term.

Thanks for the input.
You think Bo has been playing bad?

Yikes.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fans, out of curiosity, who do you think has been the Blues best defenseman this series? And no, you can't answer Binnington, though it is technically correct.

Colt is the only one that is dangerous out there. In terms of shut down ability, prob Bouwmeester

Reactions: HerpaDerp

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
Blues win tonight.
Jets win Saturday.

Flip a coin for Monday night.

Regardless of the outcome of the series I won't be mad if the Blues lose, disappointed sure, but not mad. I have a weird soft spot for the Jets. I can't bring myself to hate them for whatever reason. Every other team in the division has something about them that I cannot stand. Kind of off topic, but moving forward it really feels like the Blues finally have a goalie who isn't a mental midget so I am already looking forward to what next year will bring.

darkjet

Jan 11, 2013
Blues win tonight.
Jets win Saturday.

Regardless of the outcome of the series I won't be mad if the Blues lose, disappointed sure, but not mad. I have a weird soft spot for the Jets. I can't bring myself to hate them for whatever reason. Every other team in the division has something about them that I cannot stand. Kind of off topic, but moving forward it really feels like the Blues finally have a goalie who isn't a mental midget so I am already looking forward to what next year will bring.
I think most Jets fans carry that same sentiment towards the Blues, myself included.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Blues need to forecheck the Jets in their end, and make it a more grinding game. Jets need to continue skating and getting clean entries through the neutral zone with speed.

Reactions: HighNote

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think the Blues have a better chance of winning in Winnipeg tomorrow than they have winning at home. I swear, the Blues try and impress fans at home with their dipsey doodles, and get away from playing as a five-man unit. With less pressure to impress, the Blues can play their game.

Funny, I was saying something similar about the Jets at work yesterday.

Foundation of Jets being a good team is their ability to play good team defense. Seems easier for them to pace themselves.

Blues need to get out of the first period alive and they have a good shot. Last year Minny got steamrolled once Jets smelled blood in the water.

Blues had the most success when they let the Jets blow their load in the first half of the game and make some unforced errors later on. I expect them to sit back and weather the storm like Winnipeg did last game.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Blues win tonight.
Jets win Saturday.

I feel the same way about Blues and you’re the team I’ll be cheering for if Jets get eliminated.

Reactions: EurlichBachman

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Blues win tonight.
Jets win Saturday.

I think most Jets fans carry that same sentiment towards the Blues, myself included.

I feel the same way about Blues and you’re the team I’ll be cheering for if Jets get eliminated.

I feel the same.

tenor.gif

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I am so disappointed. This series is essentially a wrap. Gonna throw money on the jets in game 5 so I can lose with my heart but win with my brain.
Emotional hedging. :thumbu: I've been known to do that from time-to-time. Back during the Jets-Ducks series in 2015 I happened to be in Vegas for a couple games so I bet on the Jets to score first and the Ducks to win. The only way I wouldn't at least break even was if the Ducks scored first and the Jets won (at which point I'd obviously just be happy with the comeback win). Turns out I hit on all four bets; the Jets scored first and lost both games.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I am hoping the Blues stop flipping pucks out of their zone right to the Jets. I really don't understand that strategy unless it's the only thing they can do to avoid an icing. Seems like they did it constantly the last couple games.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Jets fans, out of curiosity, who do you think has been the Blues best defenseman this series? And no, you can't answer Binnington, though it is technically correct.

I could be wrong but every time Parayko has the puck, I get nervous. A man that big should not be able to move the way he can.

Reactions: sfvega

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I am hoping the Blues stop flipping pucks out of their zone right to the Jets. I really don't understand that strategy unless it's the only thing they can do to avoid an icing. Seems like they did it constantly the last couple games.

Jets were on the Blues D hard and fast. Didn’t give them any time. Blues gotta adjust fast or this series will be done in 6. That said, think this one could go either way. Not sure who can take this series. Good matchup either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad