• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Well at least they made it a series. These teams are very evenly matched, obviously the Jets have turned it up these last two games but the Blues are a good road team so it's not over yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it went 7 games.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
-The Blues just didn't have an answer for the Jets 1st line of Wheeler, Connor, Scheifele these last two games. Their advanced metrics are stunning! You don't even have to look at the stats. It is clear just by watching.

-The Blues top players: Petro, Tarasenko, ROR, Schenn, Parayko have to be better. Schenn and Parayko have not been good. The others have been regular season fine. It's time to pick it up. This is where your best players have to rise to the occasion.

-Game 4 for the Jets was Games 1 and 2 for the Blues. Weather the storm and limit high danger scoring chances then step on the gas late when the other team is out of gas. The Jets were on their heels at times, especially in the 1st period, but they never looked to be in trouble as they kept the Blues far from Hellebuyck.

-Both Hellebuyck and Binnington settled down in Game 4. Neither is crumbling under the pressure. The Jets aren't in Binny's head as some hoped after Game 3. Now we see which one blinks first as we start a 3 game series!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Well at least they made it a series. These teams are very evenly matched, obviously the Jets have turned it up these last two games but the Blues are a good road team so it's not over yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it went 7 games.
Game 3 sure. All other games have been even.

Can we stop with this narrative like the Jets have been way better than the Blues in the last two?

Last night was a coin flip

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Blues gonna Blues.

Don't give yourselves too much credit Jets fans. Blues have been beat by A LOT of teams in the playoffs, many of them better than these Jets.

Jets will lose easily to Dallas or Nashville.

The Blues teams that in previous playoff series are not the ones that just came off being the hottest team in the league since the beginning of January.

This Blues team is legit. These are great games.

Reactions: larmex99

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Pfffffffffft not even close.

These have all been great games. It's still very much anyone's series.
I’ve seen this movie before. The Jets will blow the doors off tomorrow. The Blues will lose something like 2-1, 3-2 on Saturday. This isn’t some sort of reverse jinx or me blowing smoke, just what I expect to happen. It has been close but unless the Blues make some drastic adjustments it’s all a formality at this point.

Reactions: MoPucks

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I’ve seen this movie before. The Jets will blow the doors off tomorrow. The Blues will lose something like 2-1, 3-2 on Saturday. This isn’t some sort of reverse jinx or me blowing smoke, just what I expect to happen. It has been close but unless the Blues make some drastic adjustments it’s all a formality at this point.

I mean...I hope you are right haha but these games have been too close to call so far.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
This has been an exceptional series to watch.

Feels fitting that it's tied after 4.

Going to be thrilling here on in.

Can't help but feel like Binnington is going to be the X-factor down the stretch

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The Blues teams that in previous playoff series are not the ones that just came off being the hottest team in the league since the beginning of January.

This Blues team is legit. These are great games.
They are. Just has s been there, done that feel. Been a fan all my life. Used to it.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I mean, they have. They've brought in Schenn, ROR, Bozak, Thomas, Perron just over the last two years

I mean short term inside this series I'd like to see the top line split up. I'll worry about the off season in the off season.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Blues gonna Blues.

Don't give yourselves too much credit Jets fans. Blues have been beat by A LOT of teams in the playoffs, many of them better than these Jets.

Lol. Can’t go down without dragging your opponent with ya hey

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Well we both lost two games...so we’re even

Sucks doesn’t it...

Expecting game 5 to be a war and a close one.

No team should look past this game...

Go :jets Go

Reactions: libertarian

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Someone’s gotta win a home game, Jets are in prime position now, I think they take advantage. Blues had a chance to but a massive stranglehold if they got a win at home. They choked and don’t convert on the power play with 3 minutes left in the game.

Momentum has swung back to the Jets. I think they pull this series out now.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Game 3 was a bad showing for the Blues. But last night the Blues showed up and Binnington was excellent. Difference from games 1 and 2 was Hellebuyck was also excellent. I have a feeling it goes 7.

Kevin Hayes is playing 4th line center. Jets are deep.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Suck that the Jets gave up all those assets for Kevin Hays and he's now a 4th liner. Brendan Lemieux could have played that role and we'd still have our first rounder.

JetFan4Ever

May 23, 2010
I have NO idea how the rest of this series is going to go. Of course I want my Jets to come out on top but just don't know. I heard a lot of Jets fans saying how poorly they were playing leading up to the playoffs and after going down 2 - 0 I started to believe that they lost their way. However, I think the one thing that the Tampa-CBJ series showed us was the playoffs are a completely different animal than the regular season. I'll hang in there, game by game, yelling at the TV when things don't go our way (perceived or real - lol) and cheer when they do! This thing is likely going the distance!

Reactions: libertarian

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Blues gonna Blues.

No worries, no one in Winnipeg believes that beating the Blues is a major accomplishment that deserves a parade.

And sorry, your laughable last sentence tells me you aren't well versed in this league.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I think you can tell by the comments since this last game that Jets fans sure don't think the series is over. Besides, game 5 is being played in the Jets barn, home games haven't been good news for either team this series!

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I will say one thing about the Blues.

ROR has been a bit of a disappointment. I am a big fan of his game and he can dominate but he has been mostly invisible all series. He did get the GWG in game 2 but that was mostly on Helle rather than him making a great play.

Reactions: Halak Ness Monster

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
At this point I think the Blues only hope is if Hellebuyck breaks down like he did in Game 2 and/or Binnington steals us two more wins.

The Jets have been, statistically, the better overall team in Games 2, 3, and 4. They are getting stronger. The Blues are slowly wilting.

Winnipeg is just a better team with a better game plan right now.

Reactions: TK 421
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad