Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Since 11-12, a conference finalist with home ice advantage that has won Game 1 of the 3rd round has gone on to lose the series 5 out of 6 times; the 12 Rangers, 14 Blackhawks, 15 Rangers, 15 Ducks and 16 Blues all lost their respective series after winning Game 1 at home with the 13 Blackhawks being the only team to advance in that situation. A rather narrow stat, but reason for hope.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Since 11-12, a conference finalist with home ice advantage that has won Game 1 of the 3rd round has gone on to lose the series 5 out of 6 times; the 12 Rangers, 14 Blackhawks, 15 Rangers, 15 Ducks and 16 Blues all lost their respective series after winning Game 1 at home with the 13 Blackhawks being the only team to advance in that situation. A rather narrow stat, but reason for hope.
Ooooo...I like that a lot! :laugh:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

really!? that's crazy stat and not even cherrypicking, you would assume it exactly opposite

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Jets are so screwed ;)

Reactions: artificialintuition

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I always like to read opposition GDT and series threads and one thing that I've noticed is that the Vegas HFBoard posters are the only fanbase that I haven't even seen one derogatory term from regarding the Jets or their fans. I may have missed one somewhere, but regardless, you guys are awesome. I've said this before, that I tried not to like Vegas when GMGM pulled his little trade deadline stunt, but I can't help but like this team and it's fans. I think your management did an amazing job putting this team together and I'm looking forward to a lot of great matchups!

We're pretty fortunate so far, having mostly quality, high character posters on our part of the HFBoards.

In fact, I have only one person on ignore! :thumbu:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Where have you seen that on this board?!?
I think he's either trolling or got confused with another board because I've read both the GDT and the series thread and I didn't see anything like that. But if I do, I'll remember that all fanbases have a few clowns and clowns like to be loud and noticed.

Back on topic, can't wait to see what VGK brings in game 2. I figure that the Jets schedule is going to catch up with them and they'll be a bit slower than normal. I hope Reaves and Buff have a showdown to see who is actually stronger out of the two of them!

I also saw someone say that the 104 degree temperatures would melt us Winnipeggers, but I've been to Vegas plenty, I know that air conditioning happens about every 40 steps! (and plenty of drinks)

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think he's either trolling or got confused with another board because I've read both the GDT and the series thread and I didn't see anything like that. But if I do, I'll remember that all fanbases have a few clowns and clowns like to be loud and noticed.

Back on topic, can't wait to see what VGK brings in game 2. I figure that the Jets schedule is going to catch up with them and they'll be a bit slower than normal. I hope Reaves and Buff have a showdown to see who is actually stronger out of the two of them!

I also saw someone say that the 104 degree temperatures would melt us Winnipeggers, but I've been to Vegas plenty, I know that air conditioning happens about every 40 steps! (and plenty of drinks)
It’s not so much the Vegas heat that will you winnipegers, but that to be nice and hospitable Vegas fans will follow you all around keeping you warm with giant industrial heaters :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
It’s not so much the Vegas heat that will you winnipegers, but that to be nice and hospitable Vegas fans will follow you all around keeping you warm with giant industrial heaters :naughty::naughty::naughty:
Bring it on! I'm kind of strange when it comes to heat. When I get in my car during the hottest parts of the year, I don't roll my windows down and I don't use the air conditioning. I love that baking in the heat type feeling! Although my favorite is really the humid heat in Florida. Heat > Cold. Which yeah, is kind of odd considering where I live.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Bring it on! I'm kind of strange when it comes to heat. When I get in my car during the hottest parts of the year, I don't roll my windows down and I don't use the air conditioning. I love that baking in the heat type feeling! Although my favorite is really the humid heat in Florida. Heat > Cold. Which yeah, is kind of odd considering where I live.
I’ll take cold, then dry heat and if I absolutely must humid heat. You always put more clothes on when your cold, only so many you can take off before you get arrested.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
They need to fix the second line. Neal with 6,8% is just unbearable to watch. You could move Haula or Perron to 3rd, you could bring Carpy to 2nd... anything goes.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
It would have been hard to imagine that the Knights would still be playing meaningful hockey in May. I think most people would have thought the Knights schedule would have been essentially over by the All-Star break in late January.

I think most people don't remember that the Knights actually beat the Jets in the regular season: Regular season meetings: VGK, 5-2 (11/10); WPG, 7-4 (12/1); VGK, 3-2 OT (2/1). (Reading the Winnipeg boards, one would have thought that the Jets had easily swept the regular season.)

Oh, well. Let's enjoy the moment.

By the way, I heard there is a big Vegas Golden Knights rally right now at the Sands to celebrate the Knights victory earlier tonight. One can expect a lot of superstars to be there, also. These guys know a thing or two about being the best show in town. And they are looking for any excuse to throw a good party.

GFrank.gif
Gdean.gif
GelvisOK.gif

GDRA.gif

"What the heck is this idiot talking about?"

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

The hate is strong in Nashville faithful. I love it.

Re: tonight's game... It is possible the Knights are still getting better right before our eyes. That was one helluva game by them vs a world class opponent. We got a series dudes and I'm effin pumped to see how game 3 goes.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Outstanding win and it feels great! Not trying to be too much of a downer, but let's keep in mind what they did to Nashville on the road last series. Winnipeg is a good road team for sure.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad